Chapter One

Fantaisie

Chapter One (The start of her Fantasy)


I bit my lower lip trying not to blush as I watched him from a far. He was just wearing a simple white tee and a jeans, with not so perfect hairstyle but still I can't take my eyes of him. He's not that perfect. He's not someone I dreamed to have a crush on. But why does my heart keep on screaming his name? He walked towards me and casually smiled at me. How can he make me feel like this?

"Hey, scary girl!" He waved his hands in front of me. I smiled a bit, trying to hide my feelings. "I am not scary." I stated. His smile widen and playfully answered back, "Then you should smile more. Your looks kinda look scary as if you're going to kill someone."

I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my smile but he was still smiling at me. I can't take this anymore. I need to get out of here. "Whatever. I'll leave you here, Mr. Fun-To-Hang-With Guy." I sarcastically said while getting my bag. He grabbed my wrist, so naturally. As if its just normal for him to do that. I wanted to pull off but I could not move, letting him hold my wrist. 

"Let's go to the cafeteria, Soojung. I'm hungry." 

He looked at my eyes, begging. But I looked away. I can't look directly into his eyes. I might drown. I wanted to say yes but I know it will be awkward for me being alone with him. I cannot afford seeing myself looking like an idiot in front of him. And besides, I can't let myself fall for him deeply. I don't want to. I just won't.

"Don't want to. Go find someone." I coldly said and headed my way to my friends on the other side of the room. He mumbled some words that sadly I can't understand. 

I don't know if my heart was racing fast or it has stopped beating because everything seems fast-forward. It was just a simple touch from him I can feel my palms sweating. I don't know he'll affect me this much. I took a sit beside Seohyun, who was busily playing games on her phone. I tried to distract myself by watching her play. 

In the corner of my eyes, I saw him dragging someone with him. Someone. Some girl. A girl. 

"They look cute together." Seohyun said, chuckling while watching them. I fakingly smiled and replied, "Yeah. They should date."

"I know, right!" Seohyun beamed in delight. "Kai is always tailing on Seulgi and teasing her non-stop. I really think he has a crush on her." 

I can only nod at what my friend said. I playfully asked her, "Are you some kind of a matchmaker?" She chuckled in response. "Maybe. I would be delighted if I can find someone for you, miss cold-as-ice Soojung."

I gasped and playfully slapped her arm, she just laughed and made a peace sign and diverted her attention back to her phone. I sighed and stared at the floor. Even my own friends doesn't even know I have a crush on him. I took out my phone and typed all the things that I want to tell and what my heart and brain have been screaming.

I find it hard to tell anyone especially my friends about my feeling for him. Why? I don't know maybe I don't want to be teased at or maybe to avoid being awkward with him. I know. I'm hopless, right? 

 

I sigh again and typed the last sentence.

 

 

'I think I like you, Kai....'