- Young Forever

(BTS) I Found You, 1 out of Billions

During the long plane ride, it was silent. After 12 hours of flight, Sana and Minna finally arrive in New York. Minna rushes Sana to the hospital Keni was staying at. Nana was at the entrance waiting. When finally sees them, she runs over to Sana.

Nana: Minna, thank you so much for your help. Sana...she's not okay, is she?

Minna: She's been like this ever since you called.

Nana: Keni's on the third floor. The doctors say he doesn't have much time left. His internal organs are rotting. They say it's better for him if we let him go.

Sana's eyes twitch from hearing what Nana said. Tears begin to build up, making her vision blurry. Nana notices.

Nana: Sana-jiejie, let's go. You need to see him.

They make their way to Keni's room. Nana slowly slides the door open. Sana sees Keni after a whole year of being apart. Keni's laying there in bed, peacefully with tubes attached to him. Sana's grandma walks over to her in tears.

Grandma: *in Chinese* Sana-ah! Keni's no longer with us.

Sana's attention doesn't leave Keni. She sniffs constantly trying to hold back her tears. She opens to say something comforting to her grandma, but mucus chokes her words. Sana glances around the room. Everyone's crying and mourning. The only other sound was of machines near the bed regulating Keni's body. Sana feels weak and her body starts to grow cold. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Keni. You're strong. We all know. We all thought you could make it, but in the end, we put you through so much pain. I'm sorry.

Minna places her hand Sana's shoulder. Everyone in the room continues to cry about the loss. Sana finally decides to walk over closer to Keni. Now, she can see him clearly. Keni-ah. You've lost so much weight. Sana gently runs her hands on stitches on his head. It must have hurt, huh? It was scary, wasn't it? I still don't understand, why does it have you be you? Sana places her hands on the blanket and squeezes it hard. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Sana: I'm so sorry Keni.

Words finally came out of Sana's mouth. She continues to hold her breath before tears choke her.

Sana: I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate. I'm sorry for making you go through this scary experience alone. I'm sorry for-

Nana cuts her off with her apologies.

Nana: I'm sorry! Keni! I'm sorry for always teasing you. I'm sorry for being mean to you. I'm sorry for making fun of your insecurities.

Nana finishes and falls onto the floor with her hands on her face. She screams as she cries, knowing that she will never be able to apologize properly. Sana looks at Nana and back at Keni.

Sana: Keni-ah... Nana just said sorry. Can't you wake up and tell her she's forgiven? Can you please wake up... *in Chinese* And tell me this is all a lie? A joke?

When I said that, everyone cries even harder. I hear my aunt and uncle scream in Chinese, but not make out what they're saying. Sana's mother steps next to her.

Mom: *in Chinese* Come on, be a good child. Understand.

Sana's face turns pale. This is...no joke? She pushes her mom away and screams out of control.

Sana: Keni! You liar! You promised me! You promised that we will travel together after graduation. I just graduated and you weren't even there to see! You broke our promise!

Sana's mom tries to pull Sana away from Keni. She refuses to leave and grabs onto his hand. It stops Sana in her breakdown.

Sana: Keni, I don't understand...Your hands are warm. Stop playing around, you're still alive. You're going to make me proud, right? You can do this!

Sana starts to calm down. Her mom tells her family members to leave Sana, so she can have a heart to heart conversation with Keni. Only Minna stays behind Sana.

Sana: Keni-ah... I have so much to tell you.

Silence.

Sana: I got accepted into my top college. Aren't you happy? Did I make you proud? You said when you grow up, you want to be just like me...

Minna: Sana...

Sana: Haha...Keni-ah, is it my fault?

Minna: Sana, none of this is your fault. The doctors said he's had this disease since birth.

Sana ignores Minna's presence. Right now, it's just her and Keni.

Sana: Don't worry Keni. Just hang in there a little longer. I'm starting college soon. I will find you a cure. I will help you. I will be the one to protect you.

Sana sniffs, breathing hard.

Sana: No one can make fun of you again. I will not disappoint you, Keni. Believe me. Okay?

Sana feels a small twitch from Keni's hands. She stands up, hovering over him.

Sana: Keni? Keni! Can you hear me? You can hear me, right?

Sana feels another twitch and hears a high pitch beep coming from a machine. She glances at the ECG. Minna covers her hands over trying to hold in her own cries. Sana's body falls to the floor like gravity has taken full control. Silence fills the room until a nurse burst in, attacking Sana with questions. Grandma and Aunty rush in piling on top of Keni, not letting him go. The doctor comes in.

Doctor: I'm sorry for your lost.

There were tears in the doctor's eyes just like everyone else. He's feeling guilty for not doing his job as a doctor. Keni was such a sweet patient, it made him attach to him like his own son. The doctor walks over to Keni's father and pats his back. Minna pulls Sana into her arms and sits together on the ground.

Minna: Sana, he's gone.

Sana: Mm.

Minna: He was waiting for you to say that. I'm sure he doesn't regret anything.

Sana breaks into a stream of tears until she forgets how to breathe. After hours of crying, she tries to regulate her inhale and exhale.

Sana: Keni's gone...Forever gone...so young, and young forever.

A week later

Ever since Keni's funeral, Sana hasn't been being normal. She locks herself in her apartment all day and refuses to leave. Minna starts to worry about her health because as each day passes, Sana's skin gets paler and paler. She prepares someone Sana's favorite food and knocks on the door.

Minna: Sana-ah! I made pasta, please come out and eat.

Sana: No, I'm okay.

Minna opens the door, she sees Sana laying in her bed.

Minna: Are you sleeping?

Sana: No.

Minna: Then get up and at least eat something. You look weak, you need to have nutrition.

Minna examines Sana's complexion. She sees that her skin is so pale it looks yellow. Minna places her hands on Sana's forehead. She feels a little hot. She leans in closer to place her forehead on Sana's. She definitely has a fever.

Minna: Sana, are you cold? Hot?

Sana: No, I'm comfortable.

Minna feels anxious and pulls Sana to sit up straight in her bed. Sana whines.

Sana: What now?

Minna: Sana, this is serious. If you don't take good care of your body, you will get hurt! I'm taking you to the hospital right now. You have a fever.

Sana sits still in bed, not budging.

Minna: Sana?

Sana: Hey, Minna.

Minna: Hm?

Sana: I had a dream of Keni last night.

Minna stops in her tracks at the door and lets out a sigh.

Minna: Really? What's the dream about?

Sana: When we were young....about our fun times....and another kid.

In the midst of dragging Sana out of the bed and getting ready to go to the hospital, Minna questions.

Minna: Hm? Another kid? Who?

Sana: I don't remember. But he was Keni's best friend.

Minna: Really?

Sana: Ya... I wonder how he will feel knowing he's gone.