- Paper Hearts

(BTS) I Found You, 1 out of Billions

Jungkook hears the front door click open. He sees that Namjoon's back with Yoongi. It's a little late, did they eat? Then again, they were probably in the studio. Namjoon and Yoongi hyung are too addicted. Jungkook runs out to the front door to greet them.

Jungkook: *in Korean* Namjoon hyung! Yoongi hyung! You guys are back!

Yoongi: Yeah, I'm going to shower.

Jungkook nods at Yoongi and turns to Namjoon.

Jungkook: Hyung! Can you teach me English?

Namjoon: Eh? Why? Now?

Jungkook: I want to learn it as soon and as fast as possible!

Namjoon: Well, here's an advice. Listen to a lot of English lyric music and review simple expression words first.

Jungkook: Can you please help me?

Namjoon: I'm busy too! This is the thing, you have a great baseline because you know a bit already. You just have to polish up.

Jungkook: Then what? I want to learn to fast though.

Namjoon: How about this, you learn the expression words and common questions. I will start talking to you in English more often.

Jungkook: Will I get the hang of it fast?

Namjoon: Don't worry, you know quite a bit anyway.

Jungkook takes Namjoon's advice and shuts himself in his room, he starts to study. Jungkook rarely went to school because of his busy promotions and training. Now, he regrets not attending school for the English classes. Everyone that graduates from a Korean high school, they at least know English as their second language. Jungkook has always struggled in school. Studying... It's not his favorite thing. However, he sets a goal to know 50 new English vocabulary words each day.

Next morning, V knocks on Jungkook's door. There's no answer.

V: *in Korean* Jungkookie-ah! Wake up! We have to buy breakfast!

Silence. V is very confused, Jungkook is a very obedient and well-mannered boy. He won't ignore his hyung.

V: Hey, Jungkookie, I'm coming in!

Still no answer. V looks at the door handle and holds it tightly. Whatever, it's not like he has anything to hide. V opens the door and sees that Jungkook still sleeping.

V: Aigo. Why is he sleeping at his desk?

He walks closer to Jungkook and peaks over his shoulder to see what he's working on. A bunch of papers was scattered with foreign writing on it. V looks around his room and picks up paper that has fallen on the floor. He stops at a sheet of paper with familiar words.

I love you.

V picks the paper up and stares at it. I love you? He turns around and looks at Jungkook, who's still sound asleep. Is he trying to learn English? A small vibration adverts V's attention, Jungkook's phone lit up. V walks over to the desk to see what it was. He carefully picks up Jungkook's phone that still had headphones attached.

V: *whispers* Let's see what Mr. Popular has going on this early in the morning.

V's fingerprint unlocks Jungkook's phone and the screen displays a message conversation. V reads closely to what they were talking about, but it's all in English. Who is this? Namjoon?He looks at the name, but all there is are emojis. Is it Namjoon?

Jungkook: Tae-hyung?

V jumps with a surprised look. Jungkook sits up straight in his chair putting his papers into a pile. V hands Jungkook the papers that were in his hands.

V: Um, you got a text. I was going to respond to you.

Jungkook's eyebrow raises.

Jungkook: From who?

V hands the phone to him.

V: I don't know who it is, but you woke up just in time.

Jungkook's expression brightens up. He rushes to text back. V stands over his shoulder trying to get a glimpse of what's making him all excited. Jungkook sees that V is watching, he closes out of his screen and locks his phone. V leans back and stands up straight.

V: So, I see you're learning English.

Jungkook: Yeah.

V: Is Namjoon hyung helping you?

Jungkook: Yes, I guess.

V let's out a sigh of relief. So, that was Namjoon. Why did I get so worried about nothing?

V: Come on Jungkookie! We have to buy breakfast. Let's go! Get ready!

Jungkook: Alright, alright hyung. Let me change first.

V: Okay! I will be waiting outside.

Jungkook: Mhm.

V was about to exit the door, but a thought suddenly hits him. He turns back around to Jungkook.

V: Hey, Jungkookie-ah. Do you like that song?

Jungkook: Ha?

V: Paper Hearts.

Jungkook: Ya... I mean, I just started listening to it.

V: It's a good song. Tori Kelly's songs are always so relatable... Anyway! Hurry!

V leaves and closes the door behind him to let Jungkook change. Paper hearts... He reaches into his pocket for his phone. On snapchat, Sana has opened his a snap, but still no response. V let's out a sigh and Jungkook comes out of the room yawning. He shoves his phone into his pocket.

Jungkook: Hyung, ready?

V: Yeah, by the way, why are you so tired?

Jungkook: I went to sleep late last night... I hope it's worth it.

When they came back from the short outing, Jungkook and V see a man standing in front of their door. They both look at each other.

Jungkook: Do you know him?

V: Nope.

They approach him carefully and the man sees them coming his way. He turns towards them to greet them.

Man: I'm here to send out this order.

Jungkook looks at the box in the man's hand. Ohhh! The shoes!

Jungkook: Wow! Thank you so much! Do I need to sign anything?

Man: Yes, just where the X is.

Jungkook signs the slips that are on the box, then man rips it off and leaves. V leans closer to Jungkook.

V: What is it Jungkookie?

Jungkook: Oh, it's the shoes. Remember?

V: Sana's? Great! Now I can send her a snap that her shoes came in!

Jungkook: Hyung! Don't do that! It's a surprise.

V: Oh! Right. I forgot! When are you giving it to her?

Jungkook: Let's see... I don't know. I have to ask when she's free.

V: Jungkookie-ah, can I come along?

Jungkook: Sure! The more the merrier!

Jungkook unlocks the door and V follows inside to the dining table to set up the food. Jungkook goes into his room and texts Sana, "When do you want to meet?" He leaves his phone on his bed and returns to the table to help V. One by one, each person starts to wake up. Jungkook and V both already ate and headed to the gym. While Jungkook works out, V watches him and wanders around to entertain himself. When Jungkook finally finished at the gym, they head to the studio. All the other members were already there, Hobi rushes over to Jungkook and works on the choreo. Everyone practices nonstop, and by the time they know it, it's already late.

Jin: Yah! I'm hungry!

Yoongi: Then go buy food.

Jin: Hey! I'm the oldest here, don't treat me like that!

Jungkook giggles and walks towards the door.

Jungkook: Hyung! I will go. What does everyone want?

Jimin: Oh! Jungkookie-ah! I will come with you!

Jin: Just buy lots of ramens and other small food. It's cheaper and very delicious.

Namjoon: *in English* Can you please buy me coffee? I probably need to stay up finishing this arrangement.

Jungkook: Ah! Hyung! Slow down, you want coffee?

Namjoon: *in English* Yes, good job. See? You understand!

Jungkook: *in English* Not a problem! *in Korean* Anyone else?

Yoongi: Me too.

Jimin: Okay! Then let's go.

Jungkook and Jimin head down to the nearest convenience store. Jungkook takes out his phone and sees a message from Sana. "As long as it's fine with you!" They enter the convenience store and Jimin picks out some ramen. Jungkook walks over to the coffee station and makes two coffees. While he was waiting, he gives Sana a call.

Sana: *in English* Hello?

Jungkook: *in English* Hi. How was your day?

Sana: Busy. Even though I did like nothing.

Jungkook: Nothing?

Sana: I was around buying souvenirs for my family and friends when I return to New York.

Jungkook: Pardon? One more time, please?

Sana: Haha, sorry. I had to buy gifts.

Jungkook: Oh, when are you leaving?

Sana: Probably a month from now?

Jungkook: That's fast.

Sana: It's still quite some time.

Jungkook: Sana, I'm learning more English now.

Sana: Really? I thought you were using google translate. Haha.

Jungkook: Just a little bit.

Sana: Well, I have to get something to eat, so I have to go!

Jungkook: Okay, bye!

Jungkook puts his phone away in his pocket and picks up the two coffees with his hands. Jimin walks over.

Jimin: *in Korean* Do you need any help?

Jungkook: No, I'm good.

Jungkook places the coffees on the counter and searches for his wallet. Suddenly the automatic door opens and Jimin's attention faces towards the door. Jungkook doesn't flinch while Jimin taps on his arm.

Jimin: Yah! Jungkook look. V's with a girl.

Jungkooo doesn't look up, trying to pay the bill.

Jungkook: Maybe she's just a friend or a fan.

Jimin: But it seems like they know each other.

Jungkook: Well, there. They are friends.

Jungkook glances over, his eyes shot wide open and he races over to V.

Jungkook: *in English* Sana! What are you doing here?

Sana: Oh my goodness! Jungkookie! What a coincidence!

V looks at Jungkook annoyingly.

Jungkook: Why are you here?

Sana: I was in the area, but why are you here?

Jungkook: Studio.

Sana: Really? Is your studio close by?

Jimin: Jungkookie-ah!

Jungkook: Jimin-Hyung is calling for me. I have to go. *in Korean* Tae-hyung let's go.

Sana looks at the both of them and smiles. As Jungkook walks away, Sana suddenly calls for him.

Sana: Jungkookie! Don't work too hard.

Jungkook chuckles and happily.

Sana: And V! Have a good night!

Jungkook and V leave the store to catch up to Jimin.

Jimin: *in Korean* Who was that?

V: Sana, we met her last week.

Jungkook just nods and continues to smile widely. V didn't feel so happy inside he stares at Jungkook. Wipe that smile off your face! Why? When I was the one who saw Sana first?! Good night? Why didn't she say that to Jungkookie? I work hard too! After a small walk, they all return from the trip.

Jin: Yay! Finally, my food has arrived!

After dinner, while some stayed at the studio, Jungkook, V, Jimin, and Jin heads back to the apartment. Jungkook wanted to focus on learning English. He rushes into his room after a shower and pulled out his English workbooks.