Meetings

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Boss, I think you should take a look at this”.

Jeonghan approaches his fellow, staring at the screen in front of him. He sees Kihyun and Youngjae at the laboratory. Kihyun is holding a test tube with one of his hands while motioning for Youngjae to come closer. Jeonghan hears Youngjae refusing to do it, arguing that it smells bad. Suddenly Kihyun grabs his hand and pulls him closer, putting the tube near his face. Youngjae’s reaction is hilarious: he puts a disgusted but cute face while slapping Kihyun repeatedly on his shoulder. Kihyun laughs and places the tube on the table, grabbing Youngjae’s hands and stopping him from hurting him more. Kihyun begs for Youngjae’s forgiveness, to what the latter refuses. Kihyun pouts cutely while pleading again, and Jeonghan sees Youngjae sighing before asking for a kiss on the cheek as an apology. Kihyun smiles and obediently complies, earning a smile from Youngjae before continuing working together.

Jeonghan is left astonished. Was Alyson wrong and Youngjae is not in love with Jaebum? But when he found him at the park he was crying over him. Has he moved on so easily?

“How long has this been happening?” he asks, staring still at the screen.

“All day. Even though yesterday they were already getting along pretty well”.

Jeonghan smiles. If Youngjae doesn’t return Jaebum’s feelings it benefits him; he can cause more pain to him.

“Can you give me the recordings at the afternoon?” Jeonghan asks.

“Of course, sir”.

Jeonghan smiles. Seems like he’s paying Jaebum a visit after all.

 

“Coffee?” Hyungwon asks Jinyoung while offering a mug to him.

Jinyoung gladly accepts it. It’s been a long day just staring at the map and the papers to look for potential places where Youngjae could be at.

“I’ve reviewed all the characteristics of the possible locations and I’ve put apart three places; but we can’t really know if Youngjae could be there” Jinyoung says.

Hyungwon takes a look at all the papers Jinyoung has hanged up on a board along with the map. There are precise lists with all the materials they have; but there isn’t really an evidence of occupation there.

Jinyoung takes a sip from his coffee, fixing his gaze at a certain point of the map that vaguely seems familiar to him. It’s a normal street at the south of the city, but now that Jinyoung has spotted it he won’t stop thinking what relationship can it have with him.

As he takes another sip he realizes, letting out a bunch of curses and face palming himself for being that stupid. He startles Hyungwon, who looks at him a bit shocked.

“Oh my god I’m so stupid!” Jinyoung chants repeatedly.

“Jinyoung are you okay?” Jackson asks genuinely worrying about his best friend and rushing to his side.

“No I’m not; I’m like the biggest idiot ever! How could I’ve forget? It was there all the time and I didn’t repair on it!”

The other four boys stare at him, not knowing what he’s talking about.

“Jinyoung, you’re not making any sense” Bambam says.

Jinyoung inhales deeply, trying to suppress the anger he feels towards himself.

“There’s a way to contact the pack” he finally says. “It was there from the beginning but I forgot it existed. I’m so mad at myself for forgetting it. We could have contacted them sooner”.

“Jinyoung relax” Hyungwon says, “tell us about it”.

“Here” Jinyoung says, pointing at the spot he has been staring at in the map, “there is a café. One of my friends from the pack works there. I could have met her before and told her the situation. I have to go see her”.

“Wait, Jinyoung” Jackson says grabbing his arm, “you can’t just go like that. We should inform Hyunwoo and you have to let us accompany you”.

“Okay, I’ll call him” Jinyoung says, picking his phone and dialing Hyunwoo’s number.

“Hi, Jinyoung. Everything alright?” Hyunwoo asks as he answers at the second ring.

“Yes. It’s just I’ve found a way to contact the pack”.

“Great. Here there are at least 30 people; we’re going to need support if we want to trespass the property”.

“I’ll let them know; but I can’t assure you they’ll come. They’ll probably think you’re forcing me to do this”.

“Then go alone. Make them trust you. Without them we aren’t going to be able to make it”.

“I know. Count on me, I’ll convince them”.

“Okay. I’m hanging up; we’re still going to spend a while here spying them. Take care”.

Jinyoung bids him farewell and then the connection is cut.

“He said I have to go alone” Jinyoung says while searching for something on his desk.

“Like hell you’re going to go alone” Bambam says, “we’re going with you. We’ll watch from the distance and we won’t intervene unless it’s necessary. But please let us accompany you”.

“Okay. But you have to stay quiet” Jinyoung says, taking out one of the photos of Mark and him together, “and we have to disguise ourselves for precaution”.

“Sure. But what are you going to do with that?”

“They’ll need something that assures them you’re trustable. If I give this to Mark he’ll convince Jaebum and he’ll convince Namjoon”.

“Dude, you have to make me a list with all their names and what’s their relationship with you”.

 

Today Yugyeom decides to accompany Shura again, even when the girl refused. This time he told Jaebum first, who nodded and then left to meet Mark.

Shura is happy that Yugyeom is concerned about her safety; but she heard her workmates gossiping about them and even her boss –a man that is always wearing a smile and is more a friend than a boss; named Lee Jinki- approached her to ask who he was. Since Shura didn’t know what exactly their relationship is she kept quiet, and her boss shrugged his shoulders along the lines of he can be your boyfriend or whatever as long as he buys something.

Every time someone calls Yugyeom her boyfriend she blushes and denies it a little too quickly. Yugyeom didn’t notice of course, but Shura would become more awkward around him.

As they come in Yugyeom takes his spot at the counter meanwhile Shura puts on her apron.

“The usual?” she asks Yugyeom, who nods to her.

She is making his beloved’s hot chocolate when her boss approaches her, looking nervously between Shura and Yugyeom.

“Shura, can we talk for a moment?” he requests.

“Of course” Shura answers, passing the hot beverage to Yugyeom.

“Can we do it a bit more, um, privately?” Lee Jinki says, glancing at Yugyeom.

“Sure”.

Jinki walks her to the end of the counter, where he’s sure Yugyeom can’t hear them.

“This is a bit, uh, troublesome” he whispers to her, “there is a boy sitting by the window who asked for you. I didn’t know what to say to him because I don’t know him but I think I’ve seen him with you before. But then there is your, eh, boyfriend there and I couldn’t just tell you in front of him because I don’t want to cause you any trouble”.

Shura glances towards the window, where a boy with dark hair and glasses is sipping from a mug calmly. At first she doesn’t recognize him, but when he puts the mug again on the table Shura finally acknowledges him.

“Oh my God” she exclaims, startling her boss, “I… I need to speak with him”.

“Okay, but I can only give you ten minutes” her boss says.

Shura nods and quickly rushes towards Yugyeom, who looks at her intrigued.

“Gyeomie, Jinyoung is here” she whispers to him, making the latter spit out what he was drinking.

Yugyeom glances towards the direction Shura is signaling and sees him. Park Jinyoung, who usually dresses nicely and always wears his hair styled, is there; wearing a pair of glasses, casual clothes and his hair almost covering his eyes if it wasn’t for the glasses.

Shura suddenly grabs his hand and drags him towards Jinyoung, who upon seeing them stands up from his seat and rushes to hug them.

“Shura! Yugyeom!” he exclaims, “I’m so happy to see you again! I should have come here before but I completely forgot. I’m sorry if I worried you”.

“Shh, don’t worry” Shura shushes him, “I’m glad to know you’re fine. We were all so worried about you, especially Mark. But you’re here and that’s all that matters”.

Jinyoung releases them and invites them to join him at the table. Shura obediently complies while Yugyeom looks suspiciously at the couple of boys with snapbacks sitting at the table next to theirs.

“There are so many things I want to tell you” Jinyoung says, “but first there are more important issues to talk about. I need your help”.

“Wait, first you have to tell us where you were all this time” Yugyeom says, leaving the other two boys in peace.

“My ex-boss took me” Jinyoung starts, “the day Youngjae and I were out. He tortured me asking for Mark’s location, which I obviously didn’t tell him. He was about to kill me when I was rescued by the Special Unit of the Security Forces, a special division of the Security forces that is in charge of dealing with paranormal activity and strange disappearances. I’ve been working with them to find Youngjae and now we have a clue about where he could be”.

“Wait” Shura cuts him, “have you been looking for him since the day you both were kidnapped?” Jinyoung nods. “Jinyoung, that day Youngjae saved himself”.

“So I’ve been tracking him for nothing?”

“Not exactly. Youngjae came back but he got kidnapped again, and we suspect a man named Jeonghan took him”.

“My ex-boss mentioned that name when I was interrogating him. He said they’re working together; even though I don’t think they really trust each other. I’m sure this Jeonghan knew where Mark was but never told my boss. And this man wanted them to enter a civil war so they would kill each other and end with the entire werewolf kind”.

“They are planning a civil war?” Yugyeom asks terrified.

“This Jeonghan guy is making weapons to kill other werewolves. They kidnapped a member of the S.U.S.F., a chemist, and we suspect it is to help them make dangerous weapons. We have to stop this before it gets worse”.

“Okay” Shura says, “tell us what you want us to do”.

“This people, the S.U.S.F., are also looking for two missing members, and we suspect they are at the same place as Youngjae. They’re really good people. We have located all the properties my ex-boss gave to them so they could work without being exposed. The S.U.S.F.’s leader, Son Hyunwoo, is there inspecting the territory to know if Youngjae or the others are there. But if they are we’ll need more people to rescue them. They’re like 30 werewolves versus the five members of the S.U.S.F., I and two friends. We need the pack”.

“How do we know they’re not using you?” Shura says. “I trust your word, but after everything that has happened I can’t help but be cautious”.

Jinyoung looks through the pockets of his jacket until he finds a picture and gives it to Shura.

“Their leader gave me this” Jinyoung says as Shura stares at the pic, “he didn’t have to, but he did. He really has good intentions. He only wants his two friends back with him, as I want Youngjae back. Give this photo to Mark and ask Namjoon to trust me with this, please. I wrote Hyunwoo’s number behind it so you can contact him if you have any doubt”.

“And you?” Shura asks, passing the photo to Yugyeom, “how do we contact you?”

Jinyoung turns to the side and motions for the boys who were sitting next to them to approach him.

“These are my best friends Jackson and Bambam” Jinyoung says.

“Nice to meet you” Jackson says, offering his hand for a shake.

“I can’t believe we’re finally meeting werewolves!” Bambam exclaims.

“Is your name actually Bambam?” Yugyeom asks curiously.

“No, it’s Kunpimook Bhuwakul. But everybody has problems pronouncing it so I just took an easiest name”.

“This” Jinyoung says while writing on a paper another phone number” is Jackson’s number. I’m staying with him for the moment so if you want to speak with me just call him”.

“Um, sure” Shura says while taking the note, “but Jinyoung, I don’t want to seem rude but wouldn’t it be better if you’d come back to the pack? You’re part of it and Mark misses you so much”.

“I know” Jinyoung says with a sigh and a sad smile, “I also miss him so much. But I can’t let this people down after how far we’ve arrived. I promise I will come back, but first we have to rescue Youngjae”.

“I understand” Shura says, giving him a comforting smile, “well, we’ll tell Namjoon about this. But after expect a call from Mark. I’m sure he would want to speak to you as soon as he knows we’ve met you”.

“I wouldn’t expect any less. I also want to talk to him a lot”.

Yugyeom places the pic on his pocket meanwhile Jinyoung gathers all his things.

“We’re taking our leave” he says. “We’re still waiting for news from Hyunwoo. I’ll be waiting your call. Take care guys”.

“Take care Jinyoung” Shura says. “Jackson and Bambam, it was nice to meet you”.

“Same” both of them answer in unison.

“Hope we see each other soon again” Yugyeom says. The three friends give him a last smile before finally disappearing.

 

Youngjae is a bit suspicious about the fact that Jeonghan made him go to his cell earlier than yesterday without giving him any explanation. Then he gave Youngjae a decent pair of clothes along with nice shoes and left.

“What’s going on?” Minhyuk asks him, taking a closer look at the clothes.

“I don’t know” Youngjae answers, “we were

Please log in to read the full chapter