Kihyun and Minhyuk

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kihyun and Minhyuk walk side by side, leading the squad towards Alyson’s hideaway. As they approach their destination, Kihyun notices Minhyuk fidgeting nervously with the hem of his shirt.

“Relax Minnie” Kihyun mutters, placing a comforting hand on Minhyuk’s shoulder and squeezing it. “Everything is going to be fine”.

“How could he put all that pressure on me?” Minhyuk asks softly, still fumbling with his shirt.

“You know Hyunwoo wouldn’t have done that if he didn’t trust you, Minhyuk. And I’m sure you’re going to do it well”.

“But I’ve never led an operation” Minhyuk complains in a lower tone, throwing a glance back to check that nobody has heard it except Kihyun.

“You don’t know that” Kihyun calmly mumbles with a small smile. “You don’t remember. Maybe you did”.

“But I’ve read all my diaries and I was always with Hyunwoo covering his back. He knows but he still decided to appoint me as the leader of this operation. Believe me: this can only end in disaster”.

“You’re so negative!” Kihyun exclaims slapping Minhyuk lightly on his shoulder. “Minnie, listen to me: you’re going to do it perfectly. You can lead us to success, I’m sure of it. Not only Hyunwoo and I, but also Youngjae and his friends believe in you; and let’s not forget the squad that volunteered to help you. So stop being so negative and chill. Everything is going to be alright”.

“Fine” Minhyuk sighs. “Let’s talk about something else, like your new hair colour. I didn’t say anything before but it really suits you”.

“I know right?” Kihyun animatedly says while combing his freshly dyed pink hair. “Changkyun says it makes me cuter”.

“He’s right, you’re cuter now” Minhyuk compliments.

Kihyun smiles at him and Minhyuk answers with another bright smile.

 

“Hey, Mark!”

Mark turns around and grins as he sees Jaebum walking towards him followed by Yoongi and Hoseok.

“Hey, Jae” he greets back. “What are you doing here?”

“Thanks to our new allies we have identified all Jeonghan’s partners in crime. I’m here to discuss with Junmyeon what to do next. Would you mind joining me?”

Mark smirks.

“You didn’t even need to ask”.

 

“We’re here” Minhyuk informs the squad when they are just inches away from their target. “This is our plan: we divide into three groups to cover the greater ground possible. My team will be formed by Kihyun and Sungkyu’s squad; and then we’ll have Hyunwoo leading the rest. We’ll go directly towards the end where we suppose the girl we’re chasing is while Hyunwoo’s team will inspect the rest of the building. The last group will be composed by Youngjae and Jinyoung, who would stay at the back in case someone tries to escape or you’ll get hurt. If you’re damaged just run to the back and Jinyoung will assist you”.

“Are they going to be fine just the two of them behind?” Sungkyu asks with a worried face.

“Believe me” Hyunwoo says, “they are the ones who should be worried to cross paths with these two”.

Jinyoung and Youngjae look at each other and smile devilishly. Sungkyu stares at them and feels relieved for some reason.

“Fine then” he says, “let’s get going”.

“Good luck to all of us!” Dongwoo says with a huge grin in his face, trying to lift the mood.

All of them smile before separating into the three groups Minhyuk divided them. Then Hyunwoo approaches Minhyuk and Youngjae, who were hugging each other.

“Good luck!” Youngjae tells him when they part.

Minhyuk smiles at him and then he notices Hyunwoo waiting for him.

“I’m still mad at you for making me the leader of this operation” Minhyuk informs him with a pout.

Hyunwoo grins at him before pulling him into a tight embrace.

“You’ll do fine” he whispers to him. “I’m sure of it”.

Minhyuk can’t help but smile against Hyunwoo’s chest. Hyunwoo smiles too before breaking the hug, cheering Minhyuk one last time before going away with his squad. Minhyuk stares at him until they disappear and then turns to Kihyun and Sungkyu’s team.

“Let’s go” he commands, tilting his head to the side motioning for them to follow him.

Jinyoung and Youngjae walk behind them, watching carefully their surroundings. Minhyuk waits until Hyunwoo’s squad has successfully trespassed into the building without being noticed and they follow their way, taking a different path after. Youngjae and Jinyoung stay by the entrance, watching both teams going different ways and wishing the best for them.

“How about we take a look around here?” Jinyoung suggests. “I doubt someone is going to get injured this soon”.

“Okay” Youngjae agrees. “See you here in five minutes”.

Jinyoung nods and then both of them also part ways.

 

Minhyuk’s squad advances through the dark hallways towards the end of the building. Fortunately it doesn’t seem as if a lot of people are there so they haven’t been noticed yet. They haven’t heard gunshots either, so Hyunwoo’s squad must be doing great too.

Sungkyu’s team has been separating in order to explore all the rooms they find in their way. According to the information Youngjae got for them, there shouldn’t be anything valuable, but they have decided to check nevertheless just in case. They are near the target and only Sungkyu and Myungsoo are still behind Kihyun and Minhyuk.

“There’s someone besides the door” Myungsoo says. “I can smell them from here”.

“Can you tell us how many of them are there exactly?” Kihyun asks.

Myungsoo wrinkles his nose towards the door. Minhyuk and Kihyun stare at him in awe.

“Myungsoo has the best smell sense of our pack” Sungkyu proudly says.

Kihyun and Minhyuk nod to him, still impressed by Myungsoo’s skill.

“I smell a werewolf” Myungsoo says. “And there’s also a strong perfume scent that smells like feminine cologne, but it doesn’t come off the werewolf”.

“Must be the girl then” Kihyun says.

“Okay, Kihyun and I are coming in” Minhyuk mutters. “You both stay out here in case one of them tries to escape”.

Sungkyu nods so Minhyuk and Kihyun turn around, ready to burst into the room and catch the girl; but both of them stop when Myungsoo grabs Minhyuk by the shoulder and spins him around.

“Let me accompany you” he asks with pleading eyes.

“Myungsoo” Sungkyu mutters, “let them do as they please. He’s the leader of this unit”.

Myungsoo stares at him and then to Minhyuk again.

“You’re valuable for Woohyun” Myungsoo mumbles. “He’ll be sad if something happens to you”.

“He’ll be sad too if something happens to you” Minhyuk argues back.

“He’s right” Sungkyu says, placing a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder to pull him back but also to give him a reassuring squeeze. “Knowing him he’s probably already worrying a lot because he’s not here with you. Please stay behind. I promise we’ll get in immediately if something goes wrong”.

Myungsoo stares at him for a second before nodding slightly.

“It’s safe for you to go first” he adds quietly. “The perfume is so strong it will cover both your smells”.

Minhyuk and Kihyun nod at him before walking away. They stop right in front of the door, and then Kihyun starts a countdown in silence while staring at Minhyuk. Just as Kihyun mouths a ‘go’ Minhyuk moves quickly and pushes the door, stepping into the room shotgun in hand and surprising the two persons inside.

“Don’t move” Minhyuk orders fiercely.

The girl easily complies by raising her arms, but the other guy jumps from his seat and tries to tackle Minhyuk. Just then Kihyun appears by his side and kicks the guy before he can reach Minhyuk, who advances towards the girl after making sure that Kihyun can handle the guy. Kihyun tries shooting the guy but the latter dodges it and pushes Kihyun aside with more strength that Kihyun thought he had, making him fall to the ground.

Minhyuk averts his gaze from the girl at that, but after seeing that instead of attacking his friend the guy has decided to run away towards Sungkyu and Myungsoo he stares at the girl again, and suddenly his memories start flashing in his mind. The amount of information flowing through his brain makes his head ache and he groans at that.

Kihyun sees his friend in pain and then the girl jumping out through the window. He quickly gets up and grabs Minhyuk’s shoulders before shaking him roughly.

“Minhyuk, focus!” Kihyun shouts at him. “She’s just playing with your brain! Focus on where you are right now and set everything else aside!”

With a cry of sorrow Minhyuk takes out all his will power to leave his mind blank and he holds tightly onto Kihyun for support, dropping his shotgun. He inhales and exhales deeply until the memories stop flowing and the pain disappears.

“You did great Minnie” Kihyun softly mutters to him. “Now we need to hurry or all our effort will be wasted for nothing”.

Minhyuk nods and picks his weapon from the ground. Kihyun carries him to the window and then he jumps out, landing on the ground perfectly.

Minhyuk breaths deeply again, tossing the shotgun to Kihyun before following his friend, who waits for him and helps him landing safely. Kihyun then takes Minhyuk’s hand in his and guides the both of them through the darkness of the forest after their target.

 

After five minutes of pure boredom without anything to do, Jinyoung comes back to where Youngjae and he agreed to meet. Youngjae is not there yet, so Jinyoung decides to wait for him.

After two minutes Jinyoung starts to worry about him, but he still waits two more minutes before walking away to look after him.

 

After making sure that all his weapons are perfectly hidden from Jaebum’s sight, Jeonghan decides it’s time to go back to his pack. He takes out his phone and sends a text to Alyson to let her know that he’s waiting for her by his car and then he places it back inside his pocket. He stares at the dark sky above him and smiles. He’s closer than ever to get what he wants: to completely destroy Im Jaebum and his allies and to subjugate all the packs under his domain.

He’s reviewing his plans on his head when his phone buzzes and he takes it out, smiling widely as he sees it’s a text from Alyson.

They are here.

His smile quickly fades away at that and he hurriedly places his phone back inside his pocket before opening the door of his car. But just as he’s about to get in the door moves suddenly and hits him straight in the head, making him lose his balance and fall to the ground. Before he can even get up his car is flying away from him, crashing against a bunch of trees and falling to the ground with a loud noise, erupting in flames just seconds after.

Jeonghan stares terrified at his car burning until he hears steps coming towards him. He looks in the direction of the sound and his face softens.

“You” Jeonghan mutters. “This mess…it could only be you”.

The person stops walking inches away from him and Jeonghan unexpectedly smirks.

“Choi Youngjae” he adds then.

“I wasn’t expecting you here” Youngjae says. “But it’s better this way. I’ll end you right here right now to prevent you from hurting more people”.

“So, do you remember?” Jeonghan asks, still sitting on the ground.

“I don’t remember everything. But you hurt people I love and I can’t forgive you for that”.

“Then fight me, Choi Youngjae” Jeonghan says, getting on his hands and knees still smirking at Youngjae. “But if you fight with your special power, then I’ll do the same”.

Youngjae watches him as he starts to change, unamused. Jeonghan keeps staring at him as he morphs into a wolf, as if it didn’t hurt him the slightest.

“Come for me” Jeonghan mumbles before he loses the ability to speak. “But don’t let me bite you or you won’t be able to see your beloved Jaebum again”.

Youngjae gulps at that. He almost forgot about that: if Jeonghan bites him he’s dead. And if he dies, Jaebum dies; and he can’t have that.

What means that no matter if it’s in werewolf or human form: he has to defeat him or he loses it all.

 

Minhyuk and Kihyun run at full speed through the forest. Fortunately they seem to be faster than the girl, and they have found her without problem.

“You have to shoot her” Kihyun tells Minhyuk as they run. “Shoot her on the knee so she won’t be able to escape”.

“I won’t hit her from this distance” Minhyuk says.

Kihyun bites his lip while looking at the girl. She turns left unexpectedly and Kihyun quickly catches sight of a shortcut going towards her direction.

“I’ll distract her” Kihyun says.

He leaves Minhyuk’s side and runs through the undergrowth, shorting the distance between him and the girl. She still hasn’t noticed him, so Kihyun smiles to himself before speeding up until he’s almost ahead of her and then he pushes her to the side before she can react.

The impact makes her roll to the side, but before Kihyun can remember about her special ability he looks at her and they make eye-contact. Kihyun’s head starts hurting suddenly and he falls to the g

Please log in to read the full chapter