Park Jinyoung

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Park Jinyoung had everything in his life: caring family, good friends, excellent grades… He was happy with all of that. Jinyoung was always a nice and kind person. He was always smiling to everyone and never felt sad.

After ending his career he obtained a job at a secret agency that was searching for young criminalists to join them in a special investigation. Jinyoung agreed, thinking that maybe in there he would know why he had those strange powers.

Jinyoung could heal people. He had only healed little injuries and wounds, but he didn’t know why it was happening. He didn’t tell anyone from his family or his friends. He kept it to himself, so he accepted the job to obtain more information.

The first day he went to the company, he was lost. He couldn’t find the place where he was supposed to have a talk with the boss, but he had previewed that something like that would happen, so he left an hour before. Feeling overwhelmed with the situation, he decided to exit to a terrace to catch some air. He leaned onto the wall and rested there for some minutes until he saw a figure siting on the edge of the terrace. The person was dressed all in black and had a hood put on. Jinyoung walked loudly to the stranger so he would know he was coming and prevent him to fall off the edge.

“Excuse me” he said when he almost reached the person.

The figure turned to his direction and Jinyoung stopped walking. It was a boy around his age with blond hair and brown wonderful eyes. He was eating a lollipop and gave Jinyoung an annoyed gaze.

“What do you want?” the other blurted out.

Jinyoung forgot how to speak for a moment. He was absolutely dazzled by the guy’s features. Jinyoung was handsome, with dark hair and plump lips; but that boy was absolutely gorgeous. And rude.

“Oh, I’m sorry…” Jinyoung said, “I’m new in here and just wanted to know where the boss office is”.

The other male stared at him. Jinyoung was starting to feel intimidated.

“Don’t mind. Sorry for bothering you” he said while turning to the door.

The boy murmured something and stood up. He caught Jinyoung’s arm and dragged him inside.

“I’ll lead you” he said while walking through the corridors.

“Uh, thank you. My name is Park Jinyoung, nice to meet you”.

The other took a quick vision of him and Jinyoung felt shivers on his spine.

“Mark Tuan” was all he said.

“Are you foreigner?” Mark simply nodded. They remained silent the rest of the way until they reached the boss office.

“There he is. Bye” Mark said. He was walking away when Jinyoung talked to him.

“Thank you again, Mark Tuan! See you around!”

Mark kept walking and Jinyoung entered the office.

When he reached the first corner, Mark leaned onto the wall and started to breath heavily. He started to feel strange. No one in the office talked to him more than necessary, but that guy even tried to have a talk with him. He remembered the encounter and smiled for no reason.

 

After the talk, Jinyoung’s boss took him to the office where he was going to work. There were at least six persons in there occupying various desks. His boss pointed an empty one and Jinyoung understood that it was his place now. Then he clapped his hands obtaining everyone’s attention.

“Good morning everyone! This is our new employee, Mr. Park Jinyoung. Please be nice with him and help him with anything he needs”.

Everyone welcomed him and when the boss left the office, all returned to their spots. Jinyoung sat on his desk and the pc. He took some reports his boss gave him to start working and was reading them when he heard a familiar voice.

“Here are your tasks for the week” Mark said holding some folders and giving them to the employees.

Jinyoung observed him discretely. Mark was still wearing the hood and was distributing the folders with a sad expression. Finally he turned to Jinyoung’s direction and offered the folder to him.

Jinyoung smiled gently while accepting it.

“Thank you, Mark”.

The other simply nodded and turned, but then he faced Jinyoung again and murmured a ‘welcome Jinyoung’ before leaving and sitting on his desk.

Their spots weren’t far from each other. During the day, Jinyoung kept glancing slightly at Mark. For some reason, he was happy that Mark at least remembered his name. For his temper before, Jinyoung thought the other would forget him quickly. Jinyoung realized that Mark’s desk was the only one without a pc and wondered why, but he didn’t stop writing all day and organizing papers.

When it was launch time, the young woman next to Jinyoung told everyone to go to the cafeteria and have launch together. Everyone agreed and she asked Jinyoung to go there too. Jinyoung refused the offer because he wanted to organize all the things on his desk and he had already a lunch box made by himself. The woman nodded a bit sad but left him anyways. Jinyoung sat and took his lunch box when he noticed another person still on the office.

Mark was quiet at his spot. He was playing with a pen, his face a bit serious and sad. Jinyoung wondered why he didn’t go with the others. A few minutes passed and Mark hadn’t eaten anything. Jinyoung thought that maybe Mark forgot his lunch box so he stood up and walked to Mark’s desk. When he arrived there he placed his lunch box in front of Mark and he gave the younger a confused look.

“I’ll share if you don’t have launch” he said, smiling at the other.

Mark looked at the food, then at Jinyoung and again to the lunch box. The food really looked delicious, so he nodded and Jinyoung took a chair and brought it opposite Mark. They both started eating without saying anything; Mark wondering why Jinyoung was so nice to him and the latter thinking of something to talk with Mark.

Jinyoung wanted to be closer with Mark. They were the younger ones in the office and Jinyoung wanted Mark to help him like he did on the morning. The latter gave him a good vibe and Jinyoung was determined to speak with Mark.

In the end they talked about each other, mostly Jinyoung, but he learned that Mark was Taiwanese and a year older than him. Mark didn’t talk much, and when they finished he didn’t even say thank you to him, but it didn’t bothered Jinyoung either.

 

They continued like that for six days. Mark never brought any lunch, and Jinyoung always shared his but gained a talk with the older. With the days, Mark became more open and gentle towards Jinyoung but still serious and insecure about it.

A week had passed since Jinyoung was hired and today Mark was absent for work. Jinyoung was worried about him. He asked everyone in the office about him but they only shrugged their shoulders without answering him and it bothered Jinyoung. Why was everyone so cold towards Mark? He was serious all the time, but when he talked with Jinyoung he was nice and sometimes he even smiled a bit.

It was launch time and Mark wasn’t there yet. Everyone left the office to have launch except Jinyoung. He waited for Mark, but when he realized he wasn’t coming he ate half of his lunch and placed the other half on Mark’s desk a bit hidden in case someone stole it.

 

The next day Mark wasn’t there again. Jinyoung was a bit sad because he and Mark were starting to get along well and he was kind of missing him. He went to his spot and placed his backpack on the floor. He took his things out and opened the drawer to get some papers when he found his lunch box from yesterday cleaned. He picked it and found a sticky note inside it saying ‘thank you J’. He immediately glanced at Mark spot and froze when he saw Mark there, sitting on his chair while smiling widely at him.

It was the first time Jinyoung saw Mark’s smile, and he knew he wouldn’t forget it. His smile was dazzling, with canine teeth and bright eyes adorning his wonderful face. Jinyoung gulped and smiled back at him.

Later that day he was requested by his boss to go to his office. He offered Jinyoung a sit and he sat in front of him.

“Mr. Park, I’m happy to tell you that we watched you this week working to test your skills and we are amazed by it. Congratulations!”

His boss offered his hand and Jinyoung took it a bit confused. He wasn’t expecting anyone testing him after he got hired, like if they were questioning Jinyoung’s ability when he had already a degree.

“Thank you, sir” he responded, nevertheless.

“Now, it’s time to tell you about our real investigation”, his boss turned the computer screen to him. It showed some images from different cameras. His boss pressed a button and the images started moving. They were images of something like a clinic, persons lying on tables and some surgeons and medics doing analysis and other things to them.

“I’m sure you’ve heard about werewolves”, his boss continued; Jinyoung’s eyes fixed on the screen, “maybe this sounds crazy, but they exist and are between us. We are investigating them. If they are dangerous to us, we need to know how to defend ourselves”.

Jinyoung was confused. The images were a bit shocking to him. The persons in there really seemed like subjects of experiments. And they were suffering. Jinyoung’s heart clenched seeing their suffering. He was a sensitive person; he grabbed the fabric of his pants tightly.

His boss saw the disbelief on Jinyoung’s face and pressed another button. There was a girl who was shaking and growling in pain. A few moments later he to a wolf and attacked a man. Some people approached her and kicked her with something, making her cry in pain and lie on the floor.

Jinyoung was about to cry. Those images really shocked him and he didn’t know if he was going to be able to work with people who were causing such pain to the unprotected ones.

“Jinyoung”, his boss called him, “I hope you understand that this is essential to discover who they are and stop them for hurting us”.

Jinyoung was about to say that they were the ones causing pain, when the images changed and there were the cameras again. Then he spotted some blond hair and he stopped breathing. He observed how a man took a weak Mark by his arm and dragged him to a chair where a surgeon took a scalpel and cut Mark with it. The video didn’t have sound, but Jinyoung could imagine Mark’s scream, and he actually could see Mark’s suffering face. His heart clenched and his blood started to boil inside him from anger.

Jinyoung glanced at his boss and nodded.

“Great. Now you will continue working with us. We trust you, Jinyoung”.

“I just want to help” he said.

His boss nodded and let Jinyoung go with a smile. On his way to the office, Jinyoung went to the restroom and locked himself in. He finally let his tears fall while covering his mouth with his hand to not make any sound.

He didn’t want to stay, but he couldn’t go. He needed information about them and besides he just knew Mark was a werewolf. In another situation, he wouldn’t have believed it; but he had strange powers too. That people hurt Mark and a lot of different persons like him. Jinyoung couldn’t stand it.

But he couldn’t leave Mark there alone. He couldn’t let them hurt him again, so Jinyoung decided to stay.

 

After that, Jinyoung tried to be closer with Mark, and he succeeded. The older started to talk with him when they were having lunch and he even smiled a couple of times. But for those times, Jinyoung was already addicted. He needed that smile every day to enlighten his day, his life. Sometimes Jinyoung wondered why his smile had that effect on him, until it wasn’t only his smile. Everything about Mark fascinated Jinyoung and he was craving badly for more.

 

It was June when it started to get warm, so Jinyoung asked Mark to have lunch outside. Mark nodded and they went to the terrace when they first met, and surprisingly, it was Mark who suggested that place. When they finished they had some more minutes before their break had to end. They were looking at the sky when suddenly Mark talked.

“Jinyoung, I’ve never thanked you properly for sharing your launch with me”.

Jinyoung stared at the other and smiled to him.

“You don’t have to. But I wonder why you don’t have lunch. Are you trying to slim down? But you’re on a good condition…”

Mark hesitated and bit his lip. Jinyoung tried to not stare at his lip so he focused on Mark’s gaze.

“It’s not like that. It’s just…I don’t want to have it”.

Jinyoung was about to ask why, but then he saw tears started to form on Mark’s eyes.

“Mark, are you okay?”

Mark nodded, but it didn’t convince Jinyoung, so he put his hand on Mark’s back and massaged it a bit. Mark just let him do it during some time before he finally faced Jinyoung and stared at his eyes.

“I’m a monster, Jinyoung”.

He covered his eyes with his hands and Jinyoung knew he was finally crying.

“I don’t deserve your kindness”.

Jinyoung stopped caressing Mark’s back and looked at him, not understanding why he was a monster.

“Mark”.

The other ignored him.

“I know what you are”.

Mark stopped sobbing, but continued hiding his face.

“You’re not a monster”.

Mark removed his hands a bit, letting Jinyoung see his teary eyes. Jinyoung looked at him with a peaceful face. He kept staring at him until Mark removed his hands from his face completely.

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” he asked.

Jinyoung shook his head and smiled at him gently. He put his hand on Mark’s shoulder before pulling him into a hug.

Mark was surprised by the sudden action, but he let himself go in the hug. He started sobbing again against Jinyoung’s chest. He caressed his back while his hair a bit. Mark’s hair was fluffy and soft. He didn’t mind his shirt getting wet; all that mattered to him was calming Mark and letting him know he was there for him.

“Mark, you’re not a monster. I know you only for a month, but I can see you are a good person. Maybe you’re a bit cold towards the others, but I’ve seen the kind side of you and I like you for who you are, not for what you are”.

Jinyoung continued complimenting him until Mark finally relaxed on his arms. He didn’t want to talk with him about what he saw in his boss office, but he was still decided to help Mark and make him happy. He understood Mark’s cold attitude towards the others and why at first he was hesitant to trust Jinyoung. Mark probably thought he was going to despise him, and Jinyoung couldn’t blame

Please log in to read the full chapter