Jinyoung and Youngjae

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Are you ready?” Jinyoung asks Youngjae when the younger steps out from his room.

“Yes, we can leave now” Youngjae answers. He takes his keys and waits for Jinyoung by the door.

“Take care baby” Mark whispers to Jinyoung and kisses his cheek. “And have fun! Enjoy your date meanwhile I prepare ours” he says with a wink.

“I can’t wait” Jinyoung whispers back, kissing Mark on the lips. “I’ll see you later”.

Mark kisses him one last time before letting the younger go. Youngjae opens the door for him, letting Jinyoung go out first.

“I’ll take care of him, don’t worry” Youngjae assures Mark before exiting, closing the door after him.

Mark smiles. He gets up and goes to his room to think what to wear tonight for their date.

 

“I can’t believe you have a bet involving us” Youngjae says, surprised.

“I shouldn’t have told you. It’s supposed to be a secret, but since I told Mark it’s only fair to tell you too” Jinyoung says, grinning at the confused male besides him.

“Then you have to tell Shura too. You’re all so silly. You had it won since the beginning”.

“I know. Yugyeom even wanted to bet for me, but Jaebum forbid him”.

“Aish, so competitive” Youngjae says with a sigh.

“Hey, but aren’t you happy?” Jinyoung asks, eyes fixed on the road while driving. “Jaebum is in it for you”.

“I’m not sure, Jinyoung” he mutters, his face serious now. “I think he only does it because he thinks I need to be protected”.

“Don’t underestimate you. I can tell he’s head over heels for you. You’ve seen the way he treats anybody that approaches you”.

“I don’t know. I give this vibe to people like I have to be protected at all costs, and I think Jaebum fell for it. But it’s not true, I can defend myself perfectly”.

“You’re really confident”.

Youngjae fidgets with the hem of his shirt; old memories coming to him.

“It’s not that I had another option. Back in high school some dudes used to pick on me. They would always come to take away my lunch, and I gave it to them because I didn’t want any trouble” Youngjae pauses for a while. Jinyoung alternates his vision between the road and Youngjae, worried about him. “But they misunderstood it like if I was mocking them, so they tried to teach me a lesson. At that time I was struggling with my psychic powers, and I didn’t want to hurt the boys because of that. I let them beat me” Jinyoung turns to stare at him in horror, not believing that someone could do that to a sunshine like Youngjae. “Focus on the road, Jinyoung!” Youngjae reprimands him.

“Sorry” Jinyoung apologizes.

“They only gave me two punches when my powers got wild. I unconsciously hit a boy with a case. They were so shocked. I quickly reacted and ended up beating the boys before it could go worse. And since that day I became the official bully of the school, even when I didn’t want to hurt anyone” Youngjae says, smiling sadly. “Then I started college, and I thought I could have a new start. But like I said, every person that approached me tried to protect me, to stand before me. They didn’t let me do anything on my own, so I ended up distancing myself from everybody. That’s why I don’t have any friends besides Shura and the pack”.

Jinyoung doesn’t know what to say to the younger. It’s true that Youngjae seems so fragile because he’s a limitless ball of fluff and happiness. But Youngjae saved him when he was in danger; so he obviously knows that the boy has his ways to protect himself.

“But it’s okay” Youngjae says, like if could read Jinyoung’s mind. “Because now I have the best friends ever, so I’m happy”.

“I’m sorry all of that happened to you” Jinyoung mutters.

“Don’t be sorry. Like I said, I’m fine now”.

“I would have befriended you if I would have had the chance to meet you before. And I would have respected you”.

Youngjae smiles at him. A real, full smile that makes Jinyoung smile too.

“You’re my friend now. That’s what matters to me. We are even having a date, so no more apologies. Let’s enjoy the ride”.

Jinyoung nods at him and continues driving happily.

 

Youngjae examines the oven carefully. His house was reformed before he came to the city, but the home appliances remained the same from some time ago, so it’s normal that at some point they would break.

“From the outside everything seems fine. I’m going to open it to check on the cables” Youngjae resumes, reaching to pick a screwdriver. When he’s done he takes a look inside; but everything seems fine to him.

He’s about to tell his inquilines about the state of the oven when he feels a jab on the back of his neck. He turns around: one of his inquilines is in front of him, holding an empty syringe. He scratches the back of his neck and frowns at the person before him.

“I’m sorry” the guy says, and before Youngjae can ask why his vision starts to blur and energy abandons his body. He falls to the ground, and the last things he sees before blacking out is Jinyoung’s body on the same condition as his.

 

Mark follows the recipe book diligently. He’s making his first attempt to make a real meal for him and Jinyoung. He’s mixing some different ingredients when an uneasy feeling starts to set on his heart. He stops what he’s doing for a moment, trying to decipher what this new sensation is.

“The cake!” he yells when he smells something burning.

 

When Youngjae wakes up, he’s on a white room with a huge window in front of him. He’s tied to a chair by his wrists, meanwhile his legs are free. He stares at his own reflex. He can’t see anything from outside, so he guesses it’s one of those glasses that only allow vision from one of the sides. And in this case, it’s from outside.

He suddenly feels his head buzz. His head aches and he lets out a groan, making the man on the other side of the room notice him.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty” the man greets him with a smirk. Youngjae looks at him with terrified eyes.

“W-who are you?” Youngjae asks with a shaky voice.

“It doesn’t matter who I am” the man answers, caressing Youngjae’s cheek with his index finger. “What matters here is that your friends hurt my brother real bad, and you’re going to pay”.

Youngjae flinches. The man laughs at him and takes Youngjae’s phone.

“Please don’t kill me” Youngjae pleads.

“It depends on that little friend of yours, the girl. She was the one who damaged him the most. I’m calling her right now. If she doesn’t show up then I’ll cut you in pieces and I’ll send them to her”.

Youngjae lets out a cry and shifts on his seat, trying to free himself.

“Be quiet or I’ll give you a nice tattoo” the man threatens, taking out a knife from his pocket. Youngjae remains silent. “You should really change your password. It’s a bit easy, you know” the man says, unlocking Youngjae’s phone. This time, Youngjae glares at him for a moment, until he hears the beeps from his phone.

 

“Hello, Youngjae?” Shura says, picking up her phone.

At the mention of the name, Jaebum approaches the girl on the sofa. They are waiting for Yugyeom to come back to see a movie together, since the rest of their friends are busy.

“Hi beauty” an unfamiliar and unpleasant voice greets her from the other side. Shura gulps, feeling worried as hell for her best friend.

“Who are you?” she spits out with anger. The person on the other line laughs.

“Like I said to your friend here, it doesn’t matter. But I’m sure you remember that little fight you had near the fighting club. You hurt my brother real bad that time. I want revenge”.

Jaebum clenches his fits. It’s a member from Jeonghan’s pack. He knew he would take Youngjae. His blood starts boiling with anger but also with fear from what could happen to the younger.

“What do you want?” Shura asks.

“Meet me at the street behind the fighting club in thirty minutes. And come alone or you won’t see your friend again”. Shura lets out a growl, earning a laugh from the man again. “C’mon Youngjae, say something to your friend”.

“Where’s Jinyoung?” it’s the only thing that comes out from his mouth.

“You mean that other guy? He isn’t here. We weren’t interested in him, but someone else was so we just gave him to them” the man answers. Shura takes this new info, already on her feet.

“I’ll be there. But if you lay a finger on Youngjae I’m going to kill you” she warns the man, Jaebum agreeing with her, ready to go out.

“Sure. You’re the only one I’m interested in” the man says, making Shura put a disgusted face. “I’ll see you soon. Say something to your friend, Youngjae”.

Jaebum’s heart aches in pain when he hears the sweet voice of his sunshine tinted with fear.

“P-Please, come save your junior first. Please”.

Shura’s head rises violently at this. She nods, even when her friend can’t see it.

“Don’t worry, Youngjae. I’m coming” she assures him before ending the call.

She retrieves the phone to her pocket and rushes to the door.

“We have to find Mark” she declares, but before she can go outside Jaebum catches her by her arm.

“What? Didn’t you hear what he said?” Jaebum asks in disbelief. “You have to go alone or else he’ll hurt Youngjae”.

“I’ve heard him well. But we’re not going there” she answers. Jaebum stares at her surprised.

“But Youngjae-“

“Jaebum” Shura says seriously. “Youngjae was giving us a message. We have to find Jinyoung first, and I’m pretty sure I know who took him. Mark will know where to find him”.

“But how?” Jaebum manages to ask.

“Junior is the nickname we gave to Jinyoung so we can gossip about him when Mark is near. He was asking us to get Jinyoung first and he also got the information about who could have taken him away. Youngjae has everything under control”.

“But we can’t just leave him like that”.

“You worry too much, Jaebum” the girl says with a smirk, freeing herself from Jaebum and finally going out. “Youngjae may seem innocent and inoffensive, but he’s none of that. He’s going to be fine”.

“But-“

“We don’t have time for this” Shura says, dragging Jaebum with her through the forest to find Mark. “Look, I know Youngjae is cute and all you wanna do is cuddle him and protect him from everything. But he really doesn’t need any protection. In fact, they are the ones who should be protected from Youngjae”.

Jaebum stares at her while trying to catch her rhythm. He knows Youngjae is strong. He has trained with the younger and knows what the other is able to do. But he sounded so scared that Jaebum can’t help but worry lots for him.

“But he’s frightened. We have to do something” he complains.

“Here’s something you must know about Youngjae if you’re planning on dating him” the girl says, giving him a comforting smile. “He’s the best actor you’ll ever know”.

 

As soon as the conversation ends, the man suddenly finds his back colliding against the floor. The phone is away from his hand and also is his knife. He raises his head just to see Youngjae walking to him, free from his bandages. He tries to get up but Youngjae just sits on top of him and punches him hard on the face, breaking his nose. The impact makes the man’s head fall to the floor, but Youngjae takes him by the collar, lifting him.

“You’re going to tell me where they took my friend” Youngjae demands. The man swears he hasn’t seen on his entire life something as scary as the look of this boy and his rough tone.

Seeing that the man has no intention of answering him, he pushes the man’s head against the floor. The man screams painfully before Youngjae lifts him again.

“I said where they took my friend” Youngjae angrily shouts at him.

The man spits some blood before answering.

“The warehouses at the east of the city. They took him there”.

“Good” Youngjae says before pushing his head again against the floor, making the man lose his consciousness.

Youngjae makes his phone fly to his hand, and picks the knife from the floor while dialing Shura’s number. She answers at the second beep; only that the person that greets him isn’t Shura but Mark.

“It’s me, Youngjae” he says after his friend threw a few tantrums at him thinking it was the other man.

“Youngjae! I’m sorry, how are you?”

He looks at the bleeding man on the floor and smirks mischievously.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me” he says, walking to the door and opening it with his psychic powers. “Listen, they took Jinyoung to the warehouses at the east of the city”.

“I knew it” Mark says. “We’re heading there right now. If you need any help tell us”.

A person exits from another door, and quickly takes out his gun, aiming to Youngjae. But before he can fire it flies from his hand and hits him on the head, knocking him down. Another person comes out after the first, and this person gets to shoot at him. Youngjae quickly redirects the bullet to the wall and pushes the man against the door with his mind. The man falls to the floor, unconscious.

“Don’t worry about me. I have everything under control” he assures the other, turning to the other side and throwing the knife against another guy that appeared behind him. It lands perfectly on his chest and he falls to the floor. “Save Jinyoung first. We’ll see each other later”.

“Take care” is the last Mark says before hanging up.

Youngjae puts the phone on his pocket and proceeds to inspect the room from where the guys exited earlier. There isn’t much inside: just some weapons and a desk with a computer above it. Youngjae approaches the computer and starts searching for any possible valuable information, but he only finds reports of the number of materials at the warehouse he’s currently in. Even so he memorizes everything before throwing the computer to the floor, breaking it. He goes out and examines the two guys’ clothes. He finds their wallets and identifications, and in the pocket of one of them he also finds a lighter. He takes it and sets fire to one of the guys before throwing the dead body inside. He registers every room and proceeds to burn as much as he can.

 

The car practically flies through the streets. Shura has always been a decent driver; but now that the life of her friend is at risk she can’t stick to the rules. Mark is by her side guiding her meanwhile Jaebum is sitting at the back seat, running his hand through his hair nervously.

“We’re getting closer” Mark says. “Turn right at the next intersection”.

Shura obeys; the car turning violently. If they weren’

Please log in to read the full chapter