The Assault

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaebum rolls on the bed, trying to get some sleep. But he’s way too excited to do so, not when they’re getting Youngjae back at dawn.

He wonders what would be Youngjae’s reaction when he sees him again. Will he be mad? Will he punch him again? Or maybe he will give Jaebum a chance to explain what happened and Jaebum will obey willingly, not leaving any detail behind; not even the fact that he’s in love with the younger.

Jaebum closes his eyes and smiles, trying for the last time to get some sleep so he will be more helpful when they do the assault. He has made another decision, and this time he’s pulling Youngjae closer.

 

The sky has just started to get clearer when Hyunwoo’s squad arrive at the warehouse. They’re all there: Hyunwoo, Jooheon, Wonho, Hyungwon, Changkyun, Jinyoung, Jackson and Bambam. They’re all wearing bulletproof vests and are equipped with guns and knives. They’re hiding at the same spot they were yesterday, taking a look at the warehouse entry, where there’s only a man resting besides the door, most likely asleep.

“Okay guys, we’re going in” Hyunwoo says. “We have to be silent until we get inside. Once there you have to cause all the trouble you can. We’ll split in three teams: Jooheon, Wonho and Hyungwon will explore the west side; Jinyoung, Jackson and Bambam will explore the east side and Changkyun and I will explore the end of the building. Is it clear?”

“Sir yes sir!” they all exclaim in unison.

“Good. Let’s go guys, fighting!”

“Fighting!”

Hyunwoo leads his team through the space between the rocks and the warehouse, cautious to not be noticed by the pack. The man that was guarding the door is still in the same position, unaware of the eight persons trying to trespass the building he should be protecting.

They hide at the corner of the building, Hyunwoo taking a look at the door. They could have just broken a window and come in sneaking up; but if the plan is to make a ruckus so Kihyun will have time to put his plan on action they are going to do it by the big door.

“Changkyun” he mutters. “Can you shoot the man from here?”

Changkyun stands before Hyunwoo and then he lies down, placing his shotgun on the ground and taking a look by the eyehole.

“No big deal” he mutters back. “Where do you want me to shoot him?”

“The head”.

Changkyun looks up at him. Hyunwoo nods seriously. The younger knows any of them want to do this, but they also know that these people wouldn’t hesitate to do the same to them. So Changkyun looks back through the eyehole and when he’s sure he will hit the desired place, he fires the shotgun.

Only a small noise comes out from the shotgun and then the man is falling to the ground, dead. Changkyun gets up and follows Hyunwoo, who is already running to the door, taking the doorknob in his hand.

“Are you ready guys?” he asks.

All of them nod, eyes full with determination and also excitement, anticipating what’s about to happen.

Hyunwoo smiles at them one last time before turning the doorknob and quickly pulling his own gun out.

 

Kihyun is showing the last smoke bomb he made to Youngjae when they see people running nervously outside the lab. Kihyun and Youngjae look at each other for a second; both catching up on the situation and with one quick motion Kihyun is grabbing the anti-serum and injecting it to Youngjae. The latter groans at the slight pain on his thigh, but then moans in pleasure as the liquid invades his body and restores the strength that has been being drained from him since days ago.

When all of it is inside him, Kihyun takes the syringe out and throws it carelessly to the floor.

“Did it work?” he asks. Youngjae diverts his gaze towards the glass door and pushes it mentally. The door opens violently, knocking out some panicked minions that were passing by, scattering the glass in million pieces.

Youngjae turns to look at Kihyun with a smirk, who returns the gesture before going to collect all the smoke bombs and then throws a silver blade to Youngjae just as a man comes in to take them. Youngjae catches it in the air and gives the man a several cut across his chest. The man stumbles and finally drops to the ground, defeated.

Youngjae stares at Kihyun again, the latter staring back and both smile proudly at each other.

“Teamwork goals” Kihyun jokes while passing some of the smoke bombs to Youngjae.

“Let’s go get Minhyuk” Youngjae says after winking at Kihyun.

 

As Namjoon is a kind leader, he summoned his pack at the common room and then explained the plan to assault Jeonghan’s warehouse to them. He told them he wasn’t going to force them to help him; he wanted volunteers. Of course the first one to raise his hand was none other than Jaebum, quickly followed by Mark, Shura, Yugyeom and the rest of their friends.

So here they are; hiding at the other side of the warehouse, right opposite Hyunwoo’s squad. Namjoon is going to have a meeting with Kim Junmyeon in person to talk about Jeonghan, so he assigned to Jaebum the squad’s leadership.

The plan was to wait for Hyunwoo to trespass first and then come in after five minutes so they could clear the way for them. But two minutes have passed since they started the assault and Jaebum is growing impatient with each second that passes.

“Jaebum, relax” Mark whispers to him seeing how nervous his friend is.

“I can’t. I need to get in and save Youngjae”.

“Do you think I don’t want to go in immediately after seeing Jinyoung there? But we have to wait”.

Jaebum sighs. Mark is right; he’s as nervous as he is since his boyfriend is also there, but they have to follow Hyunwoo’s rules.

Right behind them, Shura tries to cheer up Yugyeom, as the latter is worried about finding his father again there. Shura doesn’t say it to Yugyeom, but if they really meet Yugyeom’s father today she’s going to do everything to convince him to go with them, even begging if it’s necessary. Anything for Yugyeom.

Seokjin is busy caressing Jungkook’s hair, who seems eager about taking action. Seokjin smiles, remembering the night before when Jungkook explained his worries to him and ended assuring the elder that he won’t let anyone hurt him. Seokjin kissed him and then hugged him until both of them fell asleep together.

Hoseok also seems ready to fight anything that comes in front of him. Jimin smiles cutely to him, but blushes when he gets caught staring and Hoseok whispers to him that he’s going to protect him; and Jimin turns impossibly redder. Taehyung rolls his eyes, asking himself why out of all his friends he’s the only one single. Oh right; because he’s in love with the impassible Min Yoongi.

“That’s it, five minutes” Mark mutters after taking a look at his watch.

“Let’s go” Jaebum commands and everyone follows him to the battlefield.

 

“What do you want us to do, sir?”

Jeonghan runs a hand through his hair. He knew he shouldn’t have trusted the humans; they are fragile and easy to manipulate. He needed the info and the properties, but now they are being exposed.

Jeonghan sighs. Well, maybe he will have to do some changes to his plan but it has already begun; there’s no way back now.

“Take all the armament to Jinwon’s pack. We can’t risk taking it to another warehouse whose location they can also have”.

His fellow nods and leaves quickly. Jeonghan takes a look at the screens in front of him: two of the cameras have been disabled, one of them being the camera located at the laboratory; but he still can see the trespassers searching through the building. He thinks of confronting them since they are only humans when he sees him: Im Jaebum, running through his property followed by a group of members from Namjoon’s pack.

Jeonghan groans. He needs to do something to damage Jaebum because the latter can’t just trespass his property and leave unpunished. He’s not going to win over Jeonghan never ever.

He finds his answer when he looks at another one of the cameras, the one located at the cell zone. He sees doors flying open and his prisoners being freed, and then there’s Kihyun holding Minhyuk’s hand as he drags the other out of his cell. They leave the place just when Youngjae comes into view, directing his gaze towards the camera, narrowing his eyes; and then the image fades to black.

“Alyson” he says, startling the girl that was by his side taking a look at the screen. “You’re coming with me”.

She nods; having an idea of what Jeonghan wants her to do. And she’s more than happy to show him how much power she has.

“What do you want me to do?” she asks while following Jeonghan through the hallways of the building.

“I want you to erase any memory of being here from their minds” he answers. He doesn’t need to say the names for Alyson to know about who he’s talking about. “Also erase every memory of the S.U.S.F. I don’t want them to remember the others”.

“And Youngjae?”

Jeonghan smirks devilishly and Alyson realizes that he was keeping the best part for the end.

“Erase each memory he has about Im Jaebum. I want him to remember everyone but him”.

 

“” Kihyun mutters, “we accidentally dropped a smoke bomb there and we need to pass to the other side to reach the armament”.

Youngjae looks to where Kihyun is pointing and sees a cloud of smoke cutting the way to the right side.

“What do we do?” Minhyuk asks.

“We can pass. We just have to avoid inhaling the smoke. I’ll go first” Kihyun says.

He takes the neck of his shirt and covers his nose with it. He has just turned the corner when his head starts to ache and his mind buzzes. He shouts in pain, causing Minhyuk to run beside him; but before his best friend can reach him Kihyun falls to the floor unconscious. Suddenly Minhyuk’s head also hurts, making him groan. He places his hands at the sides of his head and stares at Youngjae like asking for help but before Youngjae can get him he passes out too.

Youngjae doesn’t understand what’s happening, but a second after he can also feel like his head is about to explode. He tries to resist the sensation but he can’t hold the cry of sorrow that escapes past his lips before he also falls to the floor and loses consciousness.

 

“Hyunwoo, they’re leaving!”

Hyunwoo takes a look through the window. He sees some trucks leaving at fast speed. Changkyun shoots one of them, but it’s useless; from that distance they can’t stop them.

“Leave them, Changkyun. Let’s find Kihyun, Minhyuk and Youngjae and get out of here”.

 

Shura and Yugyeom rush through the corridors, looking for any possible trace of their friend or Yugyeom’s father; although by now they aren’t expecting to find the latter. They turn to the left at the next corner only to find three bodies lying on the floor.

Shura doesn’t recognize two of them; but she does recognize the face of her best friend passed out on the floor. She calls his name but he doesn’t move, so she runs to his side and bends down, followed by Yugyeom.

“Youngjae wake up!” she says, shaking her friend roughly to wake him up.

After a few shakes Youngjae starts to open his eyes. He blinks twice before recognizing Shura’s face close to his.

“Hi, Shura” he greets as if nothing happened, “what happens?”

Shura and Yugyeom stare at him is disbelief. How can he be talking so normal after being kidnapped and God knows what else?

“Youngjae, are you okay?” Yugyeom asks.

“Oh, hi Yugyeom. I’m more than fine, see? Well, my head aches a bit but it’s bearable”.

“Youngjae” Shura says seriously, “you’ve been kidnapped”.

Youngjae tilts his head to the side, staring at his friends in disbelief.

“What do you mean?” he asks.

Just as Shura opens to answer they hear someone calling Youngjae’s name loudly. The three of them look at the end of the corridor to see Jaebum running to them with a worried face.

“Youngjae” Jaebum says softly, taking the boy in his arms without thinking; only wanting to feel him, to make sure he’s there and he’s fine. “I’m so glad you’re fine. I was so worried about you, and I’m so sorry…”

“Uhm, eh…” Youngjae mutters, squirming nervously in Jaebum’s embrace.

Jaebum notices and breaks the hug, staring confusedly at Youngjae’s eyes.

“Youngjae, are you okay?” he asks.

“Who are you?”

Jaebum’s heart stops beating for a moment. The younger is kidding, isn’t he?

“I get it, Youngjae. You’re still mad” Jaebum says.

“How do you know my name?” Youngjae asks, and then he turns to Shura. “Is he your friend, Shu?”

Jaebum looks nervously between Shura, Yugyeom and Youngjae. Youngjae is still staring at the girl, waiting for an answer.

“Something’s wrong with his memory” she says instead, looking at Jaebum. “I think he doesn’t remember being kidnapped”.

Youngjae furrows his eyebrows and turns to look again at Jaebum, wondering who this boy is and what kind of relationship has he with his best friend.

Jaebum should have known that Jeonghan would do something like that. He always has a way to know everything and do impossible things just to hurt him. He doesn’t know how he managed to make Youngjae forget him; but this has his signature all over.

“I’m sorry” Youngjae says to him, seeing how agitated the other boy is, “but do I know you?”

That’s the last thing his heart can take. Jaebum takes a deep breath before turning around and running out from there, almost knocking Mark out in the process. The latter tries to catch him after witnessing everything that happened with Youngjae, but Jaebum escapes from his reach in no time. He’s about to run after him when he hears a familiar voice calling his name from the other side of the hallway.

“Jinyoung!” he calls back, rushing towards his boyfriend.

Jinyoung quickly pulls him between his arms tightly. Mark wraps his arms around his waist and nuzzles his head on Jinyoung’s neck. Jinyoung breaks the hug after a while and places one of his hands on the other’s cheek, staring directly into Mark’s eyes.

“I’ve missed you so much, Mark” he says before leaning closer to kiss his boyfriend on the lips.

At first Mark limits himself to return the kisses, but soon he needs to feel more of Jinyoung after being separated for a while. He presses his body closer to Jinyoung’s and kisses him more hungrily, almost devouring him. Jinyoung feels hot but doesn’t stop, corresponding to all the kisses with the same passion.

“Wow, boys, slow down” Jackson says from behind them.

Mark flinches at the sound of his voice and separates from Jinyoung, blushing a bit. Jinyoung needs a moment to catch his breath but is eager to glare at Jackson for interrupting them. Now Jinyoung needs more of Mark urgently; and only when he hears Youngjae calling his name he understands that this isn’t the moment or the place to let his love go wild.

Jinyoung leaves Mark to introduce himself to Jackson and Bambam and rushes to Youngjae’s side. Youngjae almost throws himself onto him, causing Jinyoung to laugh at how cute the other is.

“Jinyoung I’m so sorry!” Youngjae says while hugging him tightly. “This all happened because of me. I’m so sorry!”

“Youngjae, please stop. It’s not your fault, okay?” Jinyoung tries to reassure him while drawing circles on his back. “We couldn’t know. But we’re together again, aren’t we? So stop apologizing and smile to me, pretty please?”

Youngjae distances himself from Jinyoung and gives him the best smile he can. Jinyoung smiles back at him and then he greets Shura and Yugyeom too. Jackson, Bambam and Mark join him and he introduces them to Youngjae.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter