Chapter 18

At Soul's End

A/N:  Haha! Look at me all writing and updating and . Time off work is amazing!!! I really think you're all going to like this chapter tbh. Please enjoy…

 

     

 


 

 

Suddenly realizing he couldn’t pass up this opportunity to speak to the soulmate couple alone, Jin sprinted after them, calling their names to get them to wait for him.

 

Reluctantly, the pair came to a halt, turning towards their hyung and waiting for him to catch up.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Jimin asked in his most innocent tone. He was almost afraid to hear what Jin thought was so important that he had decided to chase him and Yoongi down, especially since he was well aware of the smell of that lingered on them, their sweaty fringe still matted to their foreheads and shirts sticking to them uncomfortably where they hadn’t had time to clean up Yoongi’s release.

 

“I’ve got a few minutes before I meet The General. Let’s talk for a little bit, shall we?” It may have been phrased as a question, a suggestion even, but both men knew they had no choice but to follow Jin a few doors farther along the hallway to his counseling office.

 

Jin opened the door to his office, ushering the pair in. It was a small office with no windows. There were three light beige toned metal folding chairs set around a circular, brown vinyl topped folding table with a wobbly leg. It looked far from comfortable and neither Yoongi nor Jimin could understand how Jin hadn’t yet gone crazy from being stuck in this tiny cell-like room all day, every day.

 

However, Jin just comfortably navigated the room, taking ‘his’ seat at the table which faced the door they had just entered. “Come. Sit.” he commanded patiently, waving his hand at the couple. Yoongi rolled his eyes and sighed heavily as he relented, Jimin following his lead and sitting in the remaining seat next to him. A warm hand tenderly caressed his thigh and he caught the hand in his own, threading their fingers together as he turned his attention to their hyung.

 

“What’s up, hyung?” Yoongi asked, cutting straight to the point.

 

“Well, I wanted to talk to you about Namjoon actually.” Jin spoke confidently but Yoongi knew him too well not to catch the hesitancy just below the surface.

 

“About Namjoon-hyung?” Jimin asked softly, sadness flooding his eyes.

 

Jin had kinda wanted to yell at the pair, tell them to grow some balls and talk to Namjoon but his heart quickly softened as he looked over their faces. Jimin was so sad he almost looked broken as he hunched into himself. It looked like a gentle breeze would knock him over and turn him to crumbling dust. Yoongi didn’t look any better. His face was a grimace of utter helplessness and confusion. It was obvious he didn’t know what to do and that it was killing him from the inside out.

 

Jin took a deep breath, closing his eyes and settling his nerves before he began to speak. “Why haven’t you two talked to him yet?” He sounded slightly incredulous but more than that he was truly baffled. It had been a whole month and none of the three had even seemed to think about communication. It was unfathomable to Jin.

 

“We just… thought he needed space to figure out his own feelings.” Jimin admitted timidly, supporting Yoongi’s advice over the past month.

 

Jin sighed again. “And how long were you planning to give him space for? You can’t wait forever because eventually it will become too late.” Jimin flinched at the reply.

 

“That’s not fair, hyung.” Yoongi retaliated, squeezing Jimin’s hand in reassurance. “You know how Joonie is.”

 

“Yes, I do.” Jin volleyed back, “Do you?” He knew he was taking an unfair stab at the duo but the reply just flew out in his frustration at the whole situation.

 

Jimin’s eyes misted over at the heated back and forth. He didn’t want to fight. He wanted to fix things. “Please,” Jimin whispered, trying to control his wavering voice and keep his tears from falling. “Just help us, hyung. Tell us what we’re supposed to do.”  

 

Jin’s heart softened once again. “Okay, okay.” he sighed. “I’ll walk you through this but you are going to have to figure it out on your own.” The soulmates were confused by his words but they were willing to accept any help they could get. “First though, I need to ask you this… and don’t answer right away. I want you to truly think about this.” Jin’s eyes swept over the pair, trying to find the right words to verbalize what intuition told him had happened between them before he had run into them in the hallway. “Do you still feel the same way about Namjoon after… making love?”

 

Both men immediately answered with an emphatic “Yes!” but Jin just raised a brow at them, silently challenging them to take a moment and think. They didn’t need a moment though. They may have spent the night before finally connecting completely but it didn’t change their hearts in the least. They were one whole pining for their other half.

 

“You better be sure.” Jin emphasized, pointing a finger at each of them in turn. “So tell me, how would you feel if you were in Namjoon’s position?”

 

This caused the other two to pause, taking in Jin’s question and truly considering it. They turned to face one another as they began to talk it out.

 

“I know he loves us and wants to be with us.” Yoongi stated and Jimin nodded in agreement.

 

“Yeah but, he’s been alone for so long, hyung. You know how it was growing up. No one wanted anything to do with me because of my soulmate status.”

 

“Yeah, and then his soulmate died before he even met her.” Yoongi continued. “That’s a hell of a lot to live through. I’m not so sure I could have gotten past that.” he admitted.

 

“There’s no way I could live through it now that we’re together.” Jimin thought aloud. “Is he afraid to lose us? Is that why he ignores us instead?” he turned his gaze on Jin questioningly.

 

“That’s a good start.” Jin agreed. “But there’s more. How would you feel loving two people who were committed to one another as deeply as a soulmate couple that you’re not a part of?”

 

“But he is a part of us.” Jimin insisted pleadingly.

 

“How would he know that?” Jin challenged. “What would make him think there’s room for him if you haven’t even said anything to him?”

 

That caused both young men to look rather chagrined. Yoongi especially felt guilty because he was the one to suggest they give the other man so much space.

 

“So, we should probably talk to him, huh, hyung?” Jimin clarified, his cheeks flushing. He wasn’t sure how to even approach Namjoon after all this time, even less so as to what to actually say to him. He found comfort in knowing he wouldn’t have to do it alone though. He had faith that Yoongi would be there with him.

 

“Yep.” Jin agreed smiling encouragingly before warning, “Don’t expect an immediate response though. It’ll take time and effort to build up his emotional trust in you. He’s been hurt for too long and has experienced rock bottom so it won’t be easy for him to just hand his heart over.”

 

“I understand, hyung. Thank you.” Jimin beamed, hope filling his chest. “What about you and Kookie?” he couldn’t help but ask. He knew Jungkook’s feelings towards the elder and just really wanted verbal confirmation that the elder liked him in return.

 

“Jungkook?” Jin asked, startled by the sudden topic change. “What about him?” Yoongi had to force himself not to roll his eyes as he watched Jin’s eyes drop guiltily and cheeks pinken.  

 

“When are you going to tell him how you feel?” Jimin clarified gently. “I know you like him, hyung. You need to take your own advice and talk to him.”

 

“I… I don’t…” Jin spluttered, feeling defensive with the turn of topic.

 

Yoongi’s derisive snort cut off whatever else Jin was about to ramble. “You were about to kiss him when I interrupted last evening, hyung.” he pointed out. “Sorry about that, by the way.”

 

“I was not!” Jin hissed. He clung to denial like a lifeline not willing to voice out his weakness towards the maknae.

 

“Hyung.” Jimin soothed. “There’s no reason to feel bad about it. You haven’t done anything wrong.”

 

“I… but… he’s just so young.” Jin admitted with a defeated huff. “It isn’t right. He’s… he’s a little brother and can’t be anything more than that, okay?”

 

“Jin, hyung.” Yoongi chided softly, his brows furrowed. “You of all people know that that is bull. That kid has been your rock ever since the day you met. Just because he’s younger doesn’t make him less worthy of your love or respect.”

 

“I never said that.” Jin quickly tried to backpedal out of the mire he suddenly found himself in.

 

“Hyung, I know you believe in talk and honesty and stuff but, don’t you ever, ever tell Jungkook age is what’s keeping you apart. You will Break. His. Heart.” Jimin firmly told Jin and his face was so stoic, so stern, that it made Jin pause.

 

“What do you mean by that?” he asked quietly, concern etching his perfect features.

 

“Just think about it, hyung.” Jimin explained. “What is Jungkook to you? Your rock? Your confidant? The person you seek out when you need a shoulder to lean on? The person who always has your back? If he’s old enough to be all that, how can he possibly not be old enough to love? He can see the trust you have in him. Yet you’re not willing to give him that last piece and all because of a number? How is that knowledge not going to hurt him?”

 

Jin remained silent, taking all this in, turning it over in his mind and examining it from all sides.

 

“He’s a good kid, hyung. You’re safe with him.” Yoongi added, remembering Jin’s story about his aunt and his own search for love. He deserved to let himself be happy, just as much as Yoongi did, and he hoped he’d let himself see this truth.

 

“I… I’ll think about it.” Jin mused before standing to his feet. “It’s time for my meeting. If things go well I’ll have an announcement at dinner tonight.” Finally, he smiled. He had come up with an idea to bolster morale and he just knew his friends would love it.

 

Jimin and Yoongi glanced at one another, a brief conversation flashing in their eyes before Jimin gave the elder a reassuring nod. “I’ll have an announcement as well.” Yoongi confided, surprising Jin.

 

“You will? What about?” Jin asked, genuinely curious.

 

“Uh,” Yoongi rubbed at his neck nervously, “I’d rather just say it once when everyone’s together.” He and Jimin had gotten up from their seats as well, following Jin out of the small office and back into the hallway.

 

“Oh, okay. Well, I guess I’ll see you at dinner then. Don’t forget what I said.” Jin finished before turning to hurry towards The General’s office.

 

“See ya, hyung. Remember what we said too, okay?” Jimin hollered down the hall after Jin’s retreating form.

 

Soon, Jin was standing outside The General’s office. The door was ajar and he could hear voices inside.

 

“No, sir, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m very grateful to be here and for all that you and your men do to keep us safe. Everyone here is. And I know things are different now, that we can’t live by the same expectations and standards that used to apply. But I was deputy fire inspector before all this and there’s some real safety issues we need to address. If anything were to ever happen - a fire, a disease outbreak, some sort of mob reaction - a great many lives would be lost.”

 

“I hear what you’re saying, Sally.” a gruff voice replied.

 

“Sara.” the other voice corrected.

 

“I’ll have you set up a meeting with Andersen. I want a prioritized list of the issues you see and a few possible solutions for each. Once you’re done with that we can make a decision on how to implement them, okay, Sally?”

 

“Sara.” the woman corrected again.

 

“What was that?”  

 

“Uh, just… thank you, General, sir.”

 

The voices grew nearer the door and then a petite blonde woman was pushing the door open.

 

“Ah, Jean.” The General greeted Jin with a politician's smile, waving him into his office. “Come have a seat.” He ushered Jin to a plush, royal blue couch as he himself sat at one of the barstools across the way. “How are the people of the Pepsi Center doing today?”    

 

*******

 

It had been a long day for Jimin and Yoongi. After a quick breakfast, they had spent the morning with Jungkook up in the sniper’s nest before their meeting with The General. Jimin was thankful that he and Taehyung had the day off so that he was able to be with Yoongi for moral support. The meeting didn’t go like either of them had expected.

 

The General, a tall caucasian man in his late forties with a military buzz and unused muscle turned to fat, seemed affable and accommodating yet there was just something about him that was off. He seemed to wear his smile as a mask, suppressed eye rolls and derision hidden underneath. Although Yoongi had never met the man before, he had always heard good things about him. Jimin, on the other hand, had met him a few times over their stay at the Pepsi Center and had found the man to be kind and understanding, like a father figure. He seemed to genuinely care for the people so Jimin was positively confounded by the man’s attitude change.

 

Promises were made, hands shook, and thank yous given. Yet, Yoongi and Jimin were sure their words had fallen upon deaf ears. No one was any safer and they were going to have to do something about it.

 

“Hey, guys.” a tired voice called out, pulling Jimin from his thoughts. After the meeting they had joined Jungkook back in the sniper’s nest and now he was sitting with his back against the wall, Yoongi’s head in his lap as he tried to nap while Jungkook kept a lookout for the both of them.

 

“Hey, hyung.” Jungkook answered the voice, turning to grin happily as Jin approached. “Did you finish early tonight?” He knew Jin had hoped to share good news with the group tonight and he was happy to note the spark of excitement that was layered under the fatigue.

 

Yoongi’s hope for sleep was interrupted by the quiet chatter and he sat up groggily, stretching his arms over his head before covering a yawn with his hand. “Is it dinnertime already?” he asked, dread underlying his casual question.

 

“It is.” Jin replied with a broad smile, his enthusiasm growing more palpable. Like a punctuation mark, Howard and John stepped up behind Jin, ready to take over the nest.

 

“I hope it’s not Spaghetti-o’s again.” Jungkook grumbled as he turned to lend Jimin a hand up. He was smiling however. He was so happy that Jin was finally energized about something. Jimin smiled too in silent thanks as he was hefted to his feet. Once up, he turned to do the same for Yoongi, keeping the fingers of one hand entwined with his own as they all headed to the restaurant.  

 

Taehyung, Hoseok, and Namjoon were already sitting at their table out on the patio with plates of mac ‘n cheese and limp canned spinach when the other four joined them with their own plates. Namjoon had made the mistake of sitting in a middle seat across from Hoseok and Taehyung. Without thought, Yoongi and Jimin sat to either side of him, a soft sigh of relief escaping Jimin’s lips, and a gentle, contented smile tugging at Yoongi’s lips.

 

While the soulmates were finally able to breathe easy for the moment, Namjoon turned stiff, afraid to make a single movement. Panic began to flair and he was about ready to run when a warm, smooth arm wrapped across the back of his chair around his shoulders. On his other side, a long , elegant hand gently settled on his thigh, the thumb rubbing gentle circles into his skin. His heart was speeding in his chest and yet a knot seemed to unfurl inside of him. He wanted this even if he couldn’t have it.

 

Jungkook had sat next to Hoseok, leaving the last seat on that side of the table open for Jin. “So,” the eldest said, clearing his throat to get everyone’s attention. “Yoongi and I both have news to share but, I want to go first.” He just couldn’t hold in his glee any longer. “The General and I had our weekly meeting today about overall morale at the center and he agreed to let us put on a talent show. Most people are at a… reminiscent stage right now and it would be great for those who want to to be able to share a piece of themselves from before with the community.”

 

He looked from face to face, gauging their reaction. Taehyung and Hoseok seemed to be having a silent conversation through their eyes as their bodies wriggled in excited anticipation. Jungkook was grinning ear to ear, his cute bunny smile on full display, his little nose crinkled up and his eyes squinted at the corners. Jin couldn’t help the lovesick sigh that escaped his lips when he looked at that face. But then he looked to the other side of the table. Namjoon was still sitting frozen between the soulmates, his face blank. Yoongi and Jimin however were sharing a meaningful look filled with nervous regret.

 

“What?” he asked the sombre couple. “What do you need to tell us, Yoongi?” It was hard to hold onto his excitement in the face of the pair.

 

“Um… well…” Yoongi began, looking to the night sky for the right words. “I’ve told you all about my, um, intuition thing, right?”

 

It’s silent for a moment before Jungkook realizes it’s not a rhetorical question. “Um, yeah, hyung. You’ve told us.”

 

Yoongi his lips apprehensively, rubbing at the back of his neck. Jimin’s the only one who has really, truly believed in him. He wanted his friends to believe in him too but no one ever had so why would they? He didn’t want to ask the question and have his fears confirmed but he had to do it. “You know they’re real, right? I’m not crazy or delusional or looking for attention. They’re real and have only ever led me in the right direction.”

 

It was Yoongi’s turn to search the faces of his friends. Despite the confusion and worry in their eyes, he also saw acceptance and trust. It choked him up, took away his words because he was so grateful. After a moment of silence, he felt a hand overlay his own on Namjoon’s leg. Surprised, his sight flashed down to that hand, following it up a gangly, muscular arm, a broad chest, and finally to a pair of soft brown eyes filled with acceptance underlied with yearning.

 

“Tell us, hyung. What’s going on?” Namjoon asked almost pleadingly, Yoongi not missing the double question. Jin was right. They really needed to talk to Namjoon. But not right now. Right now, he had something very different to tell the group. He just wished he knew more to tell them.

 

“It’s not safe here anymore.” Yoongi huffed out in one heavy breath.

 

“What do you mean it’s not safe?” Hoseok hissed, his fear spiking in his blood.

 

“It’s okay, Hobi, hyung.” Taehyung soothed his lover. “We’ll all be fine as long as we’re together.”

 

“Have you told The General?” Jin asked, trying to keep a level head like always.

 

“We did, hyung but, I’m not so sure he believes us.” Jimin spoke up apologetically.

 

“Do you know in what way it’s not safe? And not safe for whom? Only you? Us? Everyone here?” Jungkook asked, trying to get as many details as possible.

 

“I don’t know.” Yoongi admitted, feeling useless. “I don’t know anything more than that we need to leave. You see why The General didn’t give a ? I’ve got nothing.”

 

“I was thinking we could start some kind of rumor to warn the people here and then the seven of us could jump ship.” Jimin told the others. “Maybe this talent show will give us the best chance of spreading the word.” he suggested.

 

“Do we have that kind of time?” Taehyung jumped into the conversation. “And where will we go? We don’t want to stay too close depending on how bad things end up.”  

 

The table broke out into a planning session as Yoongi sat back and watched. He was so relieved that things had gone so well. Jimin had been right about their friends. Now they just needed to find a chance to talk to Namjoon.

 

*******

 

Once everyone had a good handle on their plan of action they began to wander off, finding their own way of settling down for the night. Namjoon had returned alone to his lab while Hoseok and Taehyung had rushed off to spend some time alone together, as usual. Yoongi and Jimin had watched Namjoon scurry off with sadness rolling off of them in waves but they left the restaurant hand in hand and Jin was sure they’d be able to find comfort in one another.

 

As happened often, he now found himself sitting alone with Jungkook at their otherwise empty table. The younger man’s eyes were fraught with concern for Jin and the elder heaved a heavy sigh before he continued voicing his concerns. He felt bad for worrying Jungkook but he just couldn’t hold in his aching heart.

 

“I’m not saying it’s a bad plan.” Jin reiterated. “I just know a lot of people are going to be scared and confused and I hate that I’m going to be the cause of it, even if it needs to be done.”

 

Jungkook nodded in understanding. “I’m not sure if the others truly know how much they’re asking of you.”

 

It had been decided that, since they didn’t actually know what danger lie ahead nor when said danger would rear its ugly head, they would spread a whole bunch of rumors tailored to the individual or group they were talking to. Namjoon was to tell the scientists that there were zombies on the premises for research. From the look in the man’s eyes while planning, he was sure Namjoon suspected that may be true. Yoongi and Jungkook would start spreading doubt as to their ammo supply and Taehyung and Jimin would tell the other supply runners they had overheard other survivors out in the city talking about attacking the Pepsi Center and taking over. Hoseok’s job was to tell those with the more meager jobs that their numbers were too great and that those who were ‘not needed’ were going to be kicked out.

 

They all had jobs to do, rumors to spread, but Jin had the greatest connection with the most people. It was also his job to spread the word of the talent show. Between the two endeavors, it was his job to tell the people whatever it was that they needed to hear to keep them on the lookout for danger. He had to prepare himself to spread rumors of zombies closing in, fire hazards and disease outbreaks, impending doom and refugees abandoning ship. He had to do it all without drawing attention to himself as well. It was a great weight on his shoulders.

 

Thinking about it all, Jin placed his head in his hands, his elbows resting on the tabletop. “Maybe not.” Jin conceded Jungkook’s statement. “But it doesn’t really matter. It needs to be done and I need to just tough it out and do it.”  

 

“You are so, so strong, Jin hyung.” Jungkook said quietly. He couldn’t help but look up to the elder at times like these. While some may have seen Jin as weak while admitting his fears and doubts, Jungkook was truly in awe of his tenacity. No matter how hard things were or how low Jin felt, he always pushed through and conquered whatever needed to be done.

 

Jungkook was so filled with adoration and devotion that it was becoming harder and harder to keep himself in check. He wanted so badly to touch Jin; to run his fingers through his hair, rub comforting circles into his back, take his hand and squeeze it supportively. He wanted to follow in Jin’s footsteps and conquer his own fears in the form of a confession at last.

 

Jin turned his head to the side, still supporting it in his hands as he looked at the younger man. Jungkook’s eyes were piercing through him as if they could see his very soul and the thought sent a tingling shiver down his spine. He didn’t feel strong, not when it was so hard to speak to Jungkook about what was in his heart.

 

“I… I’m not strong.” Jin told the younger barely above a whisper. The restaurant had cleared out however, just a handful of people sitting off in the distance, so Jungkook caught his words easily. He furrowed his brow slightly, confused by Jin’s words but feeling the weight behind them so he just patiently waited for Jin to continue. “You know, my parents,” and just the mention of his parents had Jin’s eyes misting with unshed tears and a lump catching in his throat. He cleared his throat, trying to push the pain of loss aside and continued. “They were soulmates. Their parents were soulmates too, on both sides. I… I grew up wondering what was wrong with me, why I didn’t deserve love like they had. My aunt, Tae’s mom actually, was like me so I also grew up seeing the consequences of broken, non-soulmate love.”

 

Surprised by the sudden turn of the conversation but still listening intently, Jungkook was having a hard time deciphering the meaning behind Jin’s words. Is he trying to tell me he has feelings for me? The younger wondered hopefully. Or maybe he figured out that I have feelings for him and he’s trying to tell me why he doesn’t feel the same. Either way, he could tell it was hard for Jin to say what he was saying and he wanted to hold his hand, to comfort him, he wanted to kiss his worries away. Instead he just listened, taking in all Jin had to say.

 

“Honestly,” Jin continued, unaware of the younger’s inner turmoil, “all I’ve ever wanted in life is to be loved, to find that one person I can love and be loved by in return. But, I’m not a soulmate so I’ve never believed that kind of love exists for me. I’ve never really dated, never accepted anyone’s confession, always kept anyone who seemed interested in me at arm’s length. I was terrified that, in my desperation to be loved, I’d let the wrong person in like my aunt did and that I’d be destroyed by it like she was.”

 

Jungkook just couldn’t hold himself back anymore. Jin seemed too heartbroken, his tearful eyes pierced with agony and eternal longing. “Hyung” he croaked, the elder’s pain tight in his own chest, making it hard to speak or even breathe. Without another word, he wrapped the elder in his strong arms, doing his best to physically soak up the hurt, to take a share of the burden.

 

Jin hadn’t expected to find himself wrapped up in the younger’s embrace. It felt so good though, so warm and so right that he couldn’t find it in himself to pull away, instead resting his head on the younger’s shoulder and then he let go. He let go of all the worries within himself, he let go of the hurt, the guilt, the fear. All the negativity seeped from his soul and out of his pours to be swept away by the breeze into the farthest reaches of the night.

 

The elder took in a deep, cleansing breath, the younger’s name escaping his lips in a quiet prayer before he pulled away just enough to look deep into Jungkook’s eyes, the younger’s arms still wrapped around him.

 

“I… I like you, Jungkook-ah.” Jin finally confessed as he searched the younger’s face for a reaction. He had been so afraid to completely open himself up before the younger yet, now that he had, it was like he had removed a huge boulder from his chest. He could finally breathe fully for the first time since he had begun getting to know the younger back at the airport.  

 

Like always where the elder was concerned, Jungkook was filled with awe and respect and love. Jin was constantly facing his inner battles head-on and he was ready to follow in the elder’s footsteps. “Thank you, hyung.” Jungkook whispered, moved by Jin’s bravery and understanding how much he had overcome by uttering those three little words. “I like you too. I’ve liked you for so long and I’m so happy and honored that you chose to share that with me.”

 

A shy smile stretched Jin’s lips before it grew more confident. He was happy. He had bared his soul, his deepest, darkest fears, and Jungkook had scooped them up and made them disappear. He entrusted Jungkook with his heart and he knew the younger would care for it as if it were his own.

 

Thoughts raced behind Jungkook’s own smiling eyes. He had wanted this for so long, had been fighting off his own feelings and desires and now that he knew his feelings were reciprocated he didn’t want to wait any longer. He was still nervous however, not quite sure how to ask the elder to fulfill his innermost request.

 

“Can… Will…” he mumbled, no longer able to hold Jin’s steady gaze. He could feel heat flood his cheeks as his eyes flickered to the elder’s full, smiling lips and he had to swallow before he could squeeze the request from his tight throat. “Ki-kiss me?” His eyes flickered back to Jin’s, hope and desperation plain on his face.

 

Jin only hesitated for a moment but it felt like an eternity to Jungkook. Did he ask for too much, too soon? Did he misinterpret Jin’s words? The need to run, to hide, began to seep into his blood and he subconsciously released the elder from his embrace but just before he could push his chair back and flee, two strong yet gentle hands cupped his cheeks. Frozen in place, mesmerized, he watched as the elder pulled him forward, lashes fluttering closed, framing proud cheekbones and plump lips pouted slightly.

 

As their lips met tentatively, Jungkook’s own eyes fluttered closed, his arms instinctively wrapping around the elder once more as if that’s where they belonged, and then nothing in the world existed outside of Jin. They found themselves drowning in one another’s warm touch as they exchanged small, delicate pecks, light brushes of trembling lips like the brush of butterfly wings fluttering along gossamer petals.

 

Finally, Jin removed his hands from the younger’s cheeks, wrapping them around his neck and pulling him closer, kissing him more firmly. In eager reply, Jungkook’s arms tightened around him and they turned in their seats toward one another, trying to get closer but their knees collided, getting in the way. With an embarrassed chuckle, Jungkook slowly pulled away, catching Jin’s hands as they fell from around his neck in his own.

 

“Um, now what?” Jungkook softly asked the elder, his face still heated in his flustered state.

 

“I don’t really know.” Jin admitted with a self-deprecating shrug. “I’ve never really liked anyone before.”


Jungkook couldn’t help the giddiness bubbling inside of him at Jin’s statement. In that moment, it didn’t matter that they didn’t know what they were doing, as long as they were together. It didn’t matter that the world had ended, nor that there were more problems than solutions in reach. As long as they were together, they could beat anything.

 

 


 

A/N:  Well, well, well... It's about ing time Jin grew some balls. lol. I hope Yoonmin can follow through just as successfully. How do you think they should win Namjoon's heart? Or is it too late for that?

Tell me if you liked this chapter and how you're feeling about the story so far. Too fast? Too slow? Are you anticipating anything? I'd love to hear from you!<3

Thanks for all your support. <3 <3 <3