03.

The Secret | HyungWonho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's to the third! Enjoy! :)

As soon as he arrived home, Hyungwon immediately went towards the stairs so that he can go to his room, without bothering to greet nor notice his father, which was seated on the sofa of their living room, facing the television.

Hyungwon closed the door behind him quickly, not wanting his father to notice his arrival. He always locked himself inside his room, never wanting anyone from outside to enter. He hated it. He never wanted anyone to enter his ‘haven’ – the only place in the world for him for which he finds peace.

Peace…

For Hyungwon, his house was nothing he would call a ‘home’. He had somewhere to sleep in, but he had nowhere to dream in. He had a place to eat to, but not a venue to enjoy his meal. He had a shelter to call, but not as warm as it could be.

Not because of that man…

Hyungwon hated his father so much. Well, if he would call him his very one ‘father’. Similar to his house, he had a ‘father’ to call, but not a father, if you would ideally call it. It was a long story for Hyungwon, but he never talked much about his very own family, especially of the man that he had lived with right now.

He walked towards his bed and lay down, his feet still on the floor. He brought his phone to eye level and began typing a message. He had sent Hoseok a message informing him that he was already at his house.

Of all the people related to his life, Hoseok was the one who knew Hyungwon’s past, as well as with his family background. And above all, it was Hoseok who understood him the most. If not for the other, Hyungwon may have probably been gone.

Hyungwon could still remember the time it all began. The time his misery swooped over his fortunate life. It was the time that his mother had found out a secret his father had long hidden from their family. A secret he wished he would have never found out.

The secret that destroyed my whole life…

 Soon after finding out about this, his mom left Hyungwon and his father, not leaving a trace as to where she would go or what would happen to him. Hyungwon had tried to contact her via phone, but the operator would simply come up, informing that the number cannot be reached. At first, he had no idea why his mother had left, and his father had always assured that she would come back to them, because she loved them so much. Hyungwon had always waited for that day. The day that his mother would come back and take care of them once again, forming a complete family.

But that day never came…

Instead, what came in was a surprise for Hyungwon. It was also that day for which he started hating the man that brought him into this world. It was the day he had realized how much of a lie his whole life was. It was the day his ideals, his beliefs, his principles, and his personality had changed.

It was the very day that had changed his life forever.

It was on this very same day, two years ago. That day had gone normal for Hyungwon and Hoseok. After class, the two of them would usually hang out somewhere in school and go home late. But that day was an exception, for it was a day before exams, and both of them had been warned that they had to study, otherwise, they would fail. Fearing the possibility of failure, they decided not to hang out and go home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter