18.

The Secret | HyungWonho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi Hello Annyeong~ I'm back. I know I just dropped a bomb yesterday, so to simply clarify, I want to make it clear that I already had the plot in mind, so for those that were surprised with Chapter 17, I'm really really sorry. T_T

To make up for it, here's another chapter. Enjoy~!

Hyungwon ran his way towards the hospital where Hoseok was confined. He was still shook with what had happened, and he was able to interconnect the series of unfortunate events that had occurred between the two of them.

As Mrs. Shin narrated, Hoseok got into a car accident on a very rainy day, at the time that Hyungwon was looking for him. The car was running at a very fast speed, and due to the heavy rain, the driver didn’t notice that Hoseok was standing in the middle of the street, thus the car crash. Most of his vital organs had been damaged, and it was since then that he was in coma.

Hearing the story alone made Hyungwon’s heart ache a lot. He stopped his tears from flowing in front of Mrs. Shin, afraid of triggering the mother of his beloved again. He knew that she has already been through a lot, and making her cry would be the least of the things that Hoseok wanted.

Running at full speed, Hyungwon felt his tears fall with each step that he took. He realized that he wasn’t ready to see Hoseok on a white bed, inside a white room, fighting for his life. Each step stabbed his heart, and each step made the weight on his shoulders heavier than how it should have been.

Although it wasn’t proven yet, Hyungwon knew that the reason why Hoseok got into a car accident was because of him. Had he opened the door earlier, Hoseok wouldn’t have left immediately and they would have talked things through. Had he opened the door, Hoseok wouldn’t have walked his way out of Hyungwon’s residence, pained at the treatment that he received.

It was all my fault…

As soon as Hyungwon had arrived in the hospital, he immediately went to where Mrs. Shin had instructed. He climbed up the stairs, and it was as if it took forever for him to reach the floor where Hoseok’s room was. He continuously ran, not running out of breath nor feeling tired. He had no time for that. He needed to see Hoseok.

When he arrived in front of Hoseok’s room, he gently opened the door. Inside, there was a nurse and the only sound that could be heard was the beeping from the heart rate monitor. The room was typically white, and it was somewhat dimmed. The nurse wasn’t startled upon seeing Hyungwon enter the room and bowing at her. It was as if she was already expecting him to arrive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter