Confrontation

The Coldest Summer

 

 

 

It was two days before New Year, and Tiffany was feeling miserable. She wanted to see Taeyeon and she need to talk to him. So through Gina, she contacted Key. The singer asked for the progress of the song that Taeyeon had promised her. Key told her that it should be finished after New Year, but Tiffany demanded that she be a part of the creative process. After talking it out for almost an hour, Key agreed to let them be.

Key waited for the girls in the lobby and brought them up to where Taeyeon was.

Taeyeon was in the studio with his headphones on. Although the door was unlocked, Key knocked anyway. Taeyeon turned slightly in his chair and gestured them to enter. Tiffany walked over to him, almost towering over the male singer.

Taeyeon looked at her, "my manager told me you guys wants to participate in writing the song." He removed his headphones and place them on the table. "So what are some of your ideas?" He ask.

Tiffany was pensively looking down at the singer. "I would like to tell you my ideas in private." She answered rather quickly.

Both Gina and Key left the room.

As soon as the door closed, Taeyeon look right back at the woman standing before him. "Why don't you take a seat?" He stood up and rolled an office chair over to Tiffany.

She sat down. Her eyes never left Taeyeon. The two were very composed.

"Um, so the song-" Taeyeon was cut off by Tiffany.

"I am not here for the song." She laid it right out there in case Taeyeon haven't figured out the situation yet.

"Oh," Taeyeon answers abruptly, "what can I help you with then?"

"Are you seeing someone?" Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's question and asked her own.

"No." Taeyeon calmly answered.

"Then what are you doing to me?" She was desperate to know.

Taeyeon opened his mouth slightly, but did not spoke as he want to choose his words carefully. "Tiffany, I think there is a misunderstanding. I am not playing any sort of games with you."

Tiffany sensed that Taeyeon was telling the truth, but she cannot understand why he was ignoring her. "Then why haven't you answered any of my text and calls?"

"Because I didn't want to. I apologize if I made you felt insulted. That was not my intention."

"What is your intention then?" Tiffany slammed her palm onto the table, shocking Taeyeon a bit. The girl knew she probably overreacted so she bring her hand back by on her thighs. "So are you telling me that I imagined all this- that you actually don't like me?"

"No, I like you. I just can't love you."

Taeyeon had confused Tiffany.  "That's not possible. What are you- a robot? You must have been in love before, haven't you?"

"I suppose I have... but I have disappointed all of them. It was impossible for me to love them the way they wanted me to. I don't know how to love someone."

"You can, but you just don't want to! Taeyeon, you're just a guy that needs lot of time to warm up to people. You're an introvert, a loner, or may even have an artistic temperment but I don't care! I'm prepared. I'm ready." She tried to assure him.

"You don't get it, Tiffany." Already given up on explaining, Taeyeon stood up and walk to the door. "Soon, I will finished with your song, and I will have my manager send it over." He said and held the door open for Tiffany to exit.