Tiffany and Her Manager

The Coldest Summer

 

 

Tiffany, a 27 year old pop star, had just finished rehearsing two songs for a Christmas event. It's near the end of the year, which mean lots of opportunities for entertainers to perform and meet one another. 

"You were superb." Gina complimented the singer while she came down the stairs. 

"Thank you," Tiffany handed her microphone to a stage operative and join her manager. The two head toward their designated resting area. Once the door shut they began to talk like always.

"I just heard from a PA that Taeyeon cancelled his appearance on the show."

"Oh, really?" Tiffany asked.

Gina nod, "They say a newcomer from his label will replace him. He must think he's a Jordan, Kenneth, or something like that." Jordan and Kenneth are two of the most respected veteran singers in the music industry. 

Tiffany quickly came to Taeyeon's defense. "He's actually pretty nice," she walked over to her chair, sat down and laid back. "It was probably his management's idea. I don't think he need anymore promotion to increase his popularity, so why not give the opportunity to a newcomer? You would do the same thing if I was at that level of stardom." 

"You are defending him already? How long have you know him for?" Gina sat down adjacent to the singer. "Did he contact you?" She leaned in as she asked.

Tiffany shrug and shook her head. "I texted him but he didn't get back to me. I guess I could wait..." A tint of disappoint can be sensed through the singer's voice. "Do you know if he is dating anyone?"

It was Gina's turn to shrug. "I never heard any rumors of him dating or anything about his love life. But I can already tell that he's quite strange. I mean who would give sent a song and then takes it back one hour later. So good luck, girl." Gina laughed.

"Well," Tiffany paused with a smile on her face, "he did promise me that he would give me another song. He thinks that one would suit me better."

"Oh, so he's customizing a song for you?" Gina asked, mockingly. "I bet he is in love with you. Do you like him?"

"I don't know. Still too early to say," Tiffany shrugged.

It was a lie. Tiffany liked Taeyeon.