Prologue: First Encounter

The Coldest Summer

 

 

 

Backstage.

At the most prestigious music award ceremony, Taeyeon and Tiffany met face-to-face for the first time. Hard to believe as the two have been in the business for a significant amount of years already. 

Quietly, Taeyeon and Tiffany are staring into each other's eyes while their managers exchange business cards.

"Nice to meet you." Both Gina and Key greeted and shook hands, while both singers stood still and erected.

Tiffany's gaze at the man before her was intense and focus. Natually uncomfortable with such attention, Taeyeon's eyes shifted elsewhere.

"Excuse us," Key half-smiled as he led Taeyeon away.

 

...

 

The ceremony was about to start and singers, guests, and performers were finding their way to their designated seats. Taeyeon part ways with his manager as managers and staff members are situated in another area.

"Bye. See you in two hours." Taeyeon head over  to the first row. A few feet away from his seat he realized he would be sitting next to Tiffany.

They both locked eyes and nod to acknowledge each other.

"Hi," Taeyeon sat down on the second seat at the front row.

"Hi." Tiffany greeted him with a much more vibrant and energized voice.

 

....

 

Taeyeon came back out from backstage. He was just awarded Producer of the Year. As he sat back down, Tiffany initiated a conversation with him.

"Congratulations! You totally deserved it."

"Thanks." Taeyeon have produced two album this year: one for his solo album and the other for a newcomer at his label.

"That was a great speech." Tiffany said.

"Huh?" Taeyeon was surprised. He look to Tiffany and said, "really?" He just gave a 30 second superficial speech on stage, so he was unprepared for Tiffany's comment.

"I mean the one at the musician guild dinner last week. I was there." Tiffany explained further so Taeyeon would understand.

"Oh, you like it?" Taeyeon's speech at the musician guild dinner was a well thought out 3 pager that he prepared for one week. He rarely go to any dinner parties, so he wanted to do somehting meaningful if he does go to one. "Thanks." He answered, genuinely. Taeyeon was glad that at least someone was paying attention to what he said at the event. 

As Taeyeon grew silent again, Tiffany carried on the conversation. "I am thinking of a new idea for my album next year. It's on the topic of love and obsession. Since it is my fifth year I thought it would be a great idea to fill it with collaborations with other artists. Do you want to be part of it?"

Taeyeon pondered for a quick moment before responding in a polite and friendly demeanor. "I can write you a song if you like."

"Oh, that would be great. It would be a pleasure to sing a song from you." Tiffany said.

"I will tell my manager to contact your label." With that, Taeyeon turned his attention back to the presenters on stage.