Lunch Together

The Coldest Summer

 

 

 

The American style restaurant was packed as usual. Being a regular customer and a celebrity the restaurant manager quickly noticed Tiffany, and he signaled a waiter to clear the table near the window for the two newly arrived diners.

"You need to try their farro, chicken, and grape salad." Tiffany excitedly suggested.

Soon the restaurant manager approach them, slightly bending over. "May I start you guys off with some white wine?"

"Yeah sure," Tiffany answered and then looked to Taeyeon.

He responed, "No thanks. I don't drink alcohol. I'll just have black tea."

"Okay, I will come back with the menus." The tall man moved away with their order in mind.

Tiffany watched the manager walked away before speaking to Taeyeon again. But at the moment she decide to part her pink lips she recognized that Taeyeon was staring at the table behind her.

The table behind Tiffany sat a man and a woman. To be more specific, an man with gray hair and across from him was a younger woman in her late twenties. "Honey, I told you I would not be able to go on vacation this Christmas. I know I promised you..."

Taeyeon and Tiffany was not being nosy but it was a phone call conversation they could not diverge their attention from.

"Who do you think he's on the phone with?" Taeyeon leaned in and asked softly.

"Probably his wife," Tiffany answered with no hesitation, "who do you think is the woman sitting across from him?"

Taeyeon glanced at the younger woman once more before coming into conclusion. She was formally dressed but vulgar as well, showing quite a lot of cleavage. "A business partner, or a mistress." He shifted his eyes back to Tiffany, "Are you afraid?"

"To be cheated on?" Tiffany questioned as she break a smile. "I suppose I am not afraid. Why? You are?" This seem to be a topic that she is interested in.

At this time a waiter came up to them and put down a cup of hot tea and an empty wine glass on the circular table. With his free hand he poured Tiffany her white wine. "Enjoy," he said before walking away.

Taeyeon picked up his cup of black tea and blow on the surface. "I wouldn't let it happen." Then carefully drank from the cup.

 

 

 

 

 

This is a double update.