Scarf Girl

Like Flying

      Kyungsoo trudge into the dark and silent dormitories. Despite wishing for nothing more than to go home during filming, he now longed to be anywhere else. He’d been awake for seventeen hours and yet, he had one activity in mind.

      Kyungsoo had never been a man of hesitation, something he prided himself in. Because he was quiet and pensive, everyone assumed he was timid and cautious. “Hello,” a slightly confused Jae responded.

      “Hey, what are you doing?”

      “Uh, nothing. Why?”

      He smiled lightly at the bewilderment in her tone. “Let’s go eat dinner. I’m starving.”

      With everything Jae was dealing with that day, she’d forgotten he was the only one that was currently home, the rest of the group had gone for an interview out of town. “Oh right, how was shooting for your movie?”

      “It was good, but now I’m really hungry.” He pouted. “Don’t make me eat alone.”

      She softly chuckled. The last thing she wanted was to be home alone herself. She rapidly agreed and in a matter of minutes the two sat in a badly lit, small restaurant, their preffered place. “Curry ramen,” she offered knowingly.

      “Beautiful and smart,” he dared to reply, noting her surprise and bashfulness. He gave her a warm smile. “Soju,” he presented in return.

     “Woah, handsome and sharp,” she returned jokingly.

     “Just because of that I’m going to forgive you for not calling me oppa.” She shook her head with a grin. His eyes studied her and he kicked himself for taking so long to notice just how attracted he was to her and even more so for waiting so long to approach her alone. However, this may have been his only opportunity, with everyone else watching him like a hawk, especially Junmyeon. “How was your day?”

     Jae poured Kyungsoo some soju respectfully and then served herself. “It was… Busy. We had some choreography to go over and practiced our next single, and…” She cleared as she struggled to continue.

     He slowed his chewing and watched her. “And what?”

     “It’s my sister’s birthday today,” she finished and quickly drank her shot.

     “Oh, that’s nice. Tell her I said ‘happy birthday’.” She awkwardly nodded, her bottom lip turning white to red as she bit it. “How old is she turning?”

     She poured herself another shot as Kyungsoo hadn’t drank his. “Eighteen,” she nearly whispered and drank once more. His eyebrow rose as she poured another. “I just really miss her.” She sighed and ruffled her hair after her third shot.

     Kyungsoo quickly drank his first and smiled. “That makes sense. I miss my brother sometimes too.” As he watched her serve them another drink, he knew he had to do something before she was drowning in soju. He let out a charming sigh and drank both of their glasses. Her brown, doe-like eyes stared at him. “Then let’s go have some fun in her honor.”

     He pulled out his wallet and slapped some money on the table, taking her hand. “Oppa, where are we going?

     “Don’t worry about it.” He dragged her out of her seat. “Thank you, ajumma!” He caught her gentle gazes on his face as he pulled her along the dimly lit street. Luckily they’d gone to an area that consisted of an older demographic, the night sky also aided in keeping their identities under wraps.

     “You’re not going to kill me, are you?”

     “No, that’s tomorrow night,” he retorted, gaining a deep laugh in response. He abruptly covered her eyes and she didn’t fight it, still laughing. Her hands unconscientiously touched his, making adrenaline rush through him. The night was swiftly proving to be an unforgettable one. “Tada,” he announced as he removed his hands from her eyes.

      She let out another chuckle. “What is—“

     “You said you like action movies, so I figured a shooting game could do some good.” Her eyes analyzed the old arcade game, strangely placed on the sidewalk. She couldn’t help letting another laugh escape her lips. “What? Do you not like it?”

     The brunette shook her head and took his hand kindly. “No, I love it.” There it was again, the excitement racing through his veins. “I hope you’re ready to get your kicked though.”

     He beamed with a hint of mystery in his dark, large eyes. “Oh no, you’re the one losing tonight.” Her brow furrowed with the challenge, her fingers already on the faded blue gun. He held his finger up. “Ah, a bet. Winner gets a wish.”

      “You’re on! I’ll start thinking of what I want from you in preparation.”

     He his lips after letting out a snicker and took the old red plastic into his large hands. “Wait, blue is my lucky color.” Jae’s eyes narrowed, hesitating. “Common, I thought you were so good.” He threw quotation marks around the word good. She sighed and handed her remote over. “Thank you.”

     The game was over in a matter of minutes. Jae let out a frustrated groan. “I’m usually amazing at these kinds of games.” She crossed her arms, not taking her defeat lightly. Kyungsoo on the other hand was elated with his victory. “Okay, what is your wish,” she exhaled. His finger tapped his plump lips as he pondered exaggeratingly. “Come on!”

     “You have to go out and have dinner with me, whenever I ask.”

     She swallowed with slight difficulty, his strong eyes making her heart race despite herself. “Wh-What if I have practice?”

     “Within reason of course. If you have no company obligations, you must go out with me,” he decreed.

     Jae forced her heart to settle as she tried her best to look unphased. “Fine. That isn’t too bad. As long as you continue to pay.” Before he could argue she added, “Oppa, I’m a rookie. I have no money.” The pout on her lips had him reeling in the pain that was her beauty.

     “Fine. But it’s agreed?” He held out his hand.

     She took it, his encasing hers. “Wish granted.”

*     *     *

      Yoongi’s heart caught in his throat, his eyes zeroed in on the idol. His hand slowly out stretched to Jimin’s shoulder, squeezing it forcefully.

      “Ow, hyung, what are you doing?”

     “Sh—She’s right there.” His pale finger outstretched towards the screen capturing the live performance. Unbelievable. After months, after all of his thoughts on her. There she was. Like some sort of illusion, she was right there.

     “Who,” Jimin narrowed his eyes. They abruptly widened. “Ah, ACE3. They’re the new SM girl group.” He sighed. “They’re so cool.” He even got lost in there intense, sharp choreography.

    Jungkook appeared placing his arms around his older brothers’ shoulders. “Wah, they’re so awesome. I’m obsessed with them right now. No girl groups dance like that,” he added in awe. His eyes focused on the best dancer of the group, her light brown hair swaying with her controlled moves. Never had a girl appealed to his taste in this manner before.

     “That’s her,” Yoongi breathed.

     The camera zoomed in on the American girl’s face. “She’s my favorite too,” Jungkook admitted. “Jae Toma.”

     “Jae,” Yoongi let out with a smile. He quickly turned to Jungkook and took his shoulders. “That’s her. The girl I told you about.” Jungkook’s right eyebrow rose, completely lost in what Yoongi could possibly be saying. “The girl with the coffee and the scarf,” he continued.

      “No, that’s impossible,” Jimin replied as his eyes studied her. “You said she was wearing professional clothing and she said she was late to work.”

      “What’s going on,” Hoseok approached.

      “Yoongi hyung says that’s scarf girl,” Jimin clarified.

      “ACE3’s Jae? What? You’re joking,” he scoffed.

      “Am I the only one who didn’t hear about this group before,” Yoongi groaned in slight misery. It’d been nearly four months since he’d seen her on the crowded streets of Seoul. The anonymity of her driving him utterly insane. A part of him wishing to see her again to ask for her name, and another part of him feeling satisfied to never see her again as he’d encased her in this idea of perfection.

      “In your defense you never leave your studio,” Seokjin butted in. He puckered his full lips. “I don’t know. They’re not cute enough for me. Too powerful.” He looked at Yoongi’s lost expression. “Since when are you into girl groups,” he laughed.

      By this point, the rest of the members had surrounded the flat screen as the performance came to a near end. “That’s scarf girl,” Jimin repeated in frustration.

      “Really,” Taehyung questioned loudly.

      Namjoon’s mouth gaped as his eyes settled on the gorgeous woman. “I have to go talk to her,” Yoongi wiped the last of his sweat from their earlier performance.

      “Okay,” their manager interrupted abruptly. “Time to go.”

      Yoongi’s heart pounded so loud, he thought he might go deaf. “Hyung, no, please! Can we stay a bit longer? I just need to do something very quickly!”

      “I’m sorry Yoongi, but you guys have that CF to shoot today.” He looked at his watch. “If we don’t leave now, we'll hit traffic and we’ll be late.”

      The rest of the boys groaned, they too had become invested with the situation unfolding. They wanted to solve the mystery as much as Yoongi did. The coincidence was too much to believe. “Please,” he begged as he watched Jae accept the mic from the host.

      “Let’s go,” their manager insisted, sounding extremely frustrated.

      Yoongi sighed as he waked towards the exit, his eyes remaining on the screen. She bowed. “Thank you. We’re so honored to be here today. Thank you so much for the support.”

      His heart sunk, as the voice sounded all too familiar.

             *     *     *            

       Jae's laugh echoed in the rehearsal room. She forced her lips into a tight line upon noticing Kyungsoo's frown. "I'm sorry." She cleared and straightened her posture. His eyes narrowed, but soon relaxed and did as she had.  He sat across from her, their knees only a few inches apart. "It's actually pretty cute how you say it," she explained.

       He shook his head. "Don't call me cute," he retorted with slight frustration. "Besides, I wouldn't say anything if I were you. Your Korean is awful."

       Jae scoffed, but she couldn't help feeling amused instead of insulted. She'd become so accustomed to his sense of humor, or lack thereof. In the last two weeks, Kyungsoo had not been shy at all about putting his wish to effect. However, if she wasn't eating solo with him, she was eating with the rest of the group. She found herself spending more time with them then her own group. After shooting the music video with them, they'd swiftly become the only people she wanted to be around. She of course had to moderate the amount of time she spent with the boys as the company and fans could quickly misinterpret matters.

        To Kyungsoo's and his roommates' dismay she didn't visit enough. They too had grown to enjoy every minute of her company. They had come to care for her far more than they had ever expected. Some as a little sister, others as a close friend and others as something else entirely. He was well aware of Kai's infatuation with her. He noticed the way they connected through their passion for dancing and in some instances they were strangely similar as the same words slipped out of their mouths. However, her looking passed his flirtation was what really sealed the deal for Jongin. She was a challenge for him. Yet, she remained oblivious.

       Tao's feelings were more obvious. His feelings did appear to be sincerer. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo's had been sharp in noting how she treated him more like brat than a lover. There was of course Baekhyun and Chanyeol, whom also paid her a little too much attention for Kyungsoo's liking. How couldn't they? They all found her beautiful, sweet, funny and smart. She could be such a beauty to simply watch, but sometimes she could be just another one of the guys. She was caring, but didn't take any of their crap.

       "Hey! Don't insult the teacher!" She glared at his large eyes. "Besides, you're the one who has to speak English in front of millions of people. I don't speak Korean to nearly as much." She stuck her tongue out at him and managed a smile from him. She grinned. She absolutely loved the way he smiled.

       "Let's do this," he continued.

       Jae nodded with a smirk." Two," she repeated. He mispronounced the word once more. "Support," she echoed, leaning slightly forward. His stubborn face did the same, though he said it incorrectly again. She protruded her lips forward, emphasizing the O sound as it always came out as a U.

       Kyungsoo, suddenly catching her proximity, felt his heart accelerate. His eyes lingered on her pink lips. His hands balled into fists on his lap. Without warning, to her or himself, he leaned in to close the distance between them. His lips abruptly pressed against hers.

        Though surprised, Jae, didn't pull away. How could she? His lips felt so full, so soft. Her stomach fluttered in chaos. She hadn't even noticed that she'd closed her eyes until she opened them upon sensing the absence of his sweet kisses.

        "Support," he whispered correctly.

        A small, awkward smile played on Jae's lips. "Exactly," she breathed. She stood up nervously and rubbed the back of her neck. "I should go. It's late. I don't want to get either of us in trouble. The group or me," she clarified. Kyungsoo stared at her in confusion. She abruptly noticed she wasn't speaking in Korean and her words had come out too fast for him to register. She shook her head and lightly chuckled, repeating her statement in the proper language.

       He nodded anxiously. Why had he done that? Well he knew exactly why he had done it. She drove him absolutely crazy. She was gorgeous, he simply couldn't get her out of his head day or night. However, admitting how he felt meant sure disaster. Oh God, what had he done? The pact... . Sure, a few weeks ago he's said it to hell, but now... He gulped as he watched her walk towards the door.

       Jae froze mid-way across the practice room. Her mind had hesitantly registered what had happened and what the rapid beating in her heart meant. She blinked and turned around, his expecting eyes on her. Her own eyes studied his strong face and instantly felt light headed. She'd tried, tried so hard to keep it inside. To ignore the fact that he had slowly stolen her heart. What if the company finds out? The fans? it. "I forgot something," she announced.

      Before he could ask her what she had forgotten, she crashed into him. covered his, her arms around his neck. His fingers hungrily dug into her waist. Their desperate, passionate kisses reverberated in the empty room, this only filled their thirst for one another. He shockingly swept her legs under her and pulled her against him, her back against one of the mirrors. What was he doing? This wasn't him. He'd never done anything like that, but-- She consumed him. Jae straddled him, her body completely taking over as her lips traveled away from his mouth. She kissed along his sharp jaw, down his neck.

      He groaned in pleasure, his grip tightening. "Support," he found himself .

      She'd made her way back to those intoxicating lips and smiled. "Support," she repeated lightheartedly, before biting his plump bottom lip.

       A shudder ran down his spine. He pulled her in closer, but nothing was close enough. In a matter of moments, it was over, they were goners.

 

 

Author's Note: Ah! Thanks to xSuccubusQueen I felt inspired to share another chapter! Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly appreciate it. And truly, please don't hesitate to leave a comment or show some love!