Be It

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Be it

 

“I’m leaving oppa”

Yonghwa was too caught up in the moment that he forgot that he actually need to answer her. They have been talking about it eversince Joohyun got the letter. Truth be told, she was just on vacation and is really set to go back to Vienna, her apartment and everything else is waiting for her to return. She only extended because of Yonghwa. Yonghwa and only Yonghwa. Not even her family.

“Are you serious?” his eyes boring into hers as she pick on her banoffee pie

“Of course, am I crazy to pass on that opportunity?”

Yonghwa laughed “When are you coming back?”

And it was her turn to giggle “2 weeks after”

He then laced his fingers into hers and quietly squeezed it

She smiled looking at their hands then at him “Sadly, I am crazy”

“I suppose that makes the two of us”

“Why?”

“Because I’m thinking of marry you”

There was a moment of stillness before Joohyun laughed out real loud that the people who were lounging late at night at that small café had to look at their direction

“Oppa, I’m now convince that you were never a romanticist and is just a workaholic, first you just openly assume that we are already dating, second, you haven’t even courted me properly, third, we never really go out on proper dates and now you just directly spit out that you want to marry me, what am I a wilting corn?”

“Well, I never thought you were a romanticist ever” he countered

Joohyun looked at him incredulously “Yah! Oppa!” suddenly removing her hands from his “I am so romantic you’d think I’m William Blake!”

“Okay, don’t go all bookish on me babe, I don’t know who he is”

“He mister, just happens to be one of the best romantic poets who ever walked this earth”

“Then I’m sorry if we were never introduced”

“then now you have!”

She irritatingly replied. It took him an hour to coax her to lighten up, it was always the case with them, they start out joking and ending up pissed off, well sort of.

 

“Joohuynah!” Yoona called from behind her.

Joohyun only murmured a hello as Yoona stood beside her and peeked at what she was reading

“you know Joohyun, there are random people who are following you and taking pictures and videos of you, aren’t you getting scared?”

She just shook her head

“I’m serious, youu don’t know what words Yonghwas fans use against you”

She inhaled sharply “I can’t please everybody Yoona and besides, I have my bodyguards looking after me whenever I go out, like today” making sure to point out the 5 women on black who are standing near her.

“But as your friend, it hurts me that people talk negatively about you, they already judged you without knowing you”

“That’s just their defense mechanism working so they won’t get hurt with what Yong oppa and I have”

She then moved on to the next isle and looked at the newly arrived stacks of book on the shelf

“How can you be so calm and collected? You are dating one of Koreas hottest idol!”

“I’’m not dating him Yoona, I’m dating Yong oppa, the guy who I wrote letters to over the last ten years”

“How can you say that?”

Joohyun stopped and thought for a moment on how to explain it “for one, I never thought of him as someone popular, second, he never made me feel that he is someone popular and third, we both really doesn’t care,he loves what he’s doing, he loves his craft same as how I love my music, what’s so different about that?”

Yoona pondered for a bit and just nodded “point taken, and believe me I understand where you’re coming from, but still aren’t you going to defend youself? Or isn’t he going to do anything about it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter