Just For You

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just for you

 

When she received the concert ticket and the VIP pass from Yonghwas mom, she knew what she had to do, for herself that is. It’s not a question about if she still has feelings for him or not because she knows she still does it was a matter of if she can handle seeing him and fall apart. It took all her courage not to write him back because her unnie was right, if it’s not her who’ll get hurt, it’s him. It was bound to happen. He got his priorities and she got hers and until one relents to the other, then there is no way to it. And in the first place, he hasn’t made his intentions clear, for all she knows, he just misses their exchange of encouraging words. Sometimes, actions, if not cleared, can be interpreted into many things, and sadly she’s scared to assume, both the best and the worst.

During the time she shied away, she studied her off, studied until she can no longer open her eyes, studied until her fingers go stiff and numb, until her ears ring from different sound. She manged to get into the their university’s orchestra and made her family proud by performing at the Vienna Opera House for a solo, though it was for finals during her senior year, it was still more than what she could hope for since her whole family attended.

She’s currently back in discussion of their family business, who amongst the 3 siblings will manage the conglomerate. All want nothing to do with it, one wants theater, the other ballet and the maknae, piano, not even one took up business. It was a crossroad. Now that she had acquired what she wanted done, does she stop and be the daughter her parents want her to be? Or fulfill the remainder of her dreams which was to set up a Piano school? It was a battle between wants and needs. They sat down for 3 consecutive dinners already and it all ended up with a big discussion. Now that she is a full grown woman, she eagerly gives a piece of her mind. And gladly, everyone respects it.

The night of Yonghwa’s concert, her sister tried to hold her back, it wasn’t in an offending way but reminded her that she has gone a long way of distancing her heart from him and she knew the moment she lay his eyes on him everything will fall into place, but the question is, is it the right place?

It was her first concert so she didn’t know what to expect, but was she amazed by the number of people who will be watching, the scattered stalls for merchandise, she bought her souvenir of course, because in her heart she knows, she still is his number 1 fan. She didn’t root for them for nothing.  And although she knew what was going to happened, she was never prepared for the real thing. When everyone was so hyped up, she, was crying the whole 2 and half hours of the concert. Her friends, Tayeon, Yoona and Yuri were torn between jumping with the crowd and consoling her. They left during the last bow of the band, she just really wanted to give the flowers to the guys. And that’s what she did so it was a surprise to her someone shouting her name in the middle of the parking lot. Even her friends who were about to go in the car stopped and looked at the direction where the voice was coming from, it was so easy to spot because along with the voice is a huge crowd surrounding it.

She froze when she saw him. She wanted to run away and she was about to, she tried to open the car door but alas, it was locked, she peered inside only to see Tayeon, Yuri and Yoona was looking ahead and not minding her. She knocked on the window and signed to open the lock but it fell on deaf ears.. or eyes.. however way you want to say it.

Soon he was only a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter