Mean

Young Love - Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next day

 

“Ma’am … ma’am …”, Jeongyeon’s secretary pinched his nose, “MA’AM!”.
 

“WHAT?!”, Jeongyeon yelled back.
 

“Apologies … but I’ve been trying to talk to you for a minute. Please wake up.” he said, she was dozing off all day.
 

“As I was saying …”
 

Jeongyeon sighed and frowned. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket.
 

‘Jimin: hey … let’s have lunch together. You still up for it?”
 

‘Jeongyeon: Yeah. where?’


 

XXX Restaurant
 

Jeongyeon drove to the same restaurant last night and went back to the same private room. She liked consistency but what knocked her back and told her to bolt out of there were two people sitting in front of Jimin, it was Kyuhyun and Momo. Momo smiled at her. Her logical brain told her to walk towards Jimin and don’t make eye contact with Momo. So she did.
 

“How was your day?”, Jimin asked as he pulled out the chair for her.
 

“Yes … I mean great!”, Jimin chuckled at Jeongyeon’s cute blunder.
 

“My brother~ seem really serious about you.”, Kyuhyun teased Jimin.
 

“Hyuuuunng”, Jimin whined. He figured asking Kyuhyun to lunch was a bad idea.
 

Jeongyeon could only smile shyly at their banter.
 

“Yesterday he wouldn’t stop talking about you.”
 

Jimin sighed, his brother isn’t going to stop and he’s sure he’s going to combust from embarrassment.
 

“Why don’t we eat? Who’s hungry! I want chicken spinach.”, Jeongyeon interrupted whatever Kyuhyun was going to say next to save Jimin from further embarrassment. She also didn’t think she could handle all the teasing about her.
 

“Caesar salad for me. I’m not hungry.”, Momo finally said something.
 

“Without cheese since-”, Jeongyeon said it without thought. Old habits die hard. She widened her eyes when she realized what she said, she completely forgot where she was and who she was with.
 

Momo didn’t let Jeongyeon’s slip go unnotice, “yes … without cheese.”, she whispered close to Jeongyeon and asked, “how did you know?”.
 

“I- sorry! I don’t like cheese so it- it just came out. I thought you were ordering for me.”, Jeongyeon tried chuckling away her slip and hope her reason was believable.
 

Momo did, she shrugged it off and drank her wine.
 

“Jimin told me about your life. I’m sorry about your parents.”, Jeongyeon offered her condolences to Kyuhyun.
 

“Thank you Jeongyeon. It’s been a while, we’re okay now.”.
 

“What about you Momo-ssi? Where are you from?”
 

Kyuhyun couldn’t reply faster, “her parents live in Japan.”.
 

Jeongyeon couldn’t speculate further when suddenly Jimin suggested, “let’s go watch a movie together, what do you think?”.
 

Jeongyeon loved the idea, she agreed to it.
 

A man came and whispered something to Jimin. He sighed and looked at Kyuhyun, “I’m sorry Jeongyeon … Hyung and I are needed somewhere. Let’s watch a movie next time.”, Jimin does look disappointed.
 

“Babe, you can go with Jeongyeon.”
 

“What?”, both Momo and Jeongyeon simultaneously said.
 

“Have fun you too.”, Kyuhyun and Jimin left before Kyuhyun kissed his wife’s forehead. It hurt Jeongyeon every time he touched Momo.
 

And then there was two, Jeongyeon and Momo stayed silent. It was awkward and suffocating. Jeongyeon didn’t think she’ll ever have alone time with Momo. She needed to think of something to talk to.
 

“Ah … we don’t have to-”
 

“I apologies Jeongyeon, but could we skip the movie? I would like to go home. I miss my son.”.

 

Jeongyeon almost choked on her own saliva, “you have a son?” , Momo nodded.

Jeongyeon '4 years could really change a person …’ thought.
 

Momo sat in the passenger seat, “do you know where Crown Park Hotel is?”.
 

“Yeah … I do. Buckle up.”, Jeongyeon revved the engine and drove to a painful evening. “How- … how old is your … son?”.
 

“He’s 2”. Jeongyeon could hear such a bounce in Momo’s voice when she spoke about her son. It was comforting in a way. “I met Kyuhyun while I was studying in the US. We got married a year after and then I got pregnant.”. Hearing Momo continue speaking was like knives cutting every bit of heart that healed to pieces again. “How about you Jeongyeon-ssi? Since Jimin seems serious about you, we’ll be family, so let’s be friends.”
 

‘Family … our destiny is always step-something’, Jeongyeon was sure something happened to Momo. It wasn’t an act, Momo definitely doesn't remember her. “There’s nothing much to say about me … I live a boring life. I work. I go home and sleep. Nothing special.”.
 

“Don’t worry! It’ll be fun when we will all live together. If things between you and Jimin goes well. Kyuhyun plans for all of us to live together.”
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter