Coincidence

Young Love - Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“KATE!”, a man ran up to the fallen girl, “are you okay? Aish I shouldn’t leave you alone.”, he said as he checked for any more harm on the girl.
 

Jeongyeon’s mind was confused, ‘K-Kate?!’.
 

The girl, Kate, smiled at the man as he kissed him on the forehead, “this girl gave me tissues, I’ll be fine.”.
 

The man finally acknowledge Jeongyeon standing there, baffled, “thank you. I’m sorry to disturb you!”, the man bowed politely.
 

‘Kate? This girl is-’, Jeongyeon doesn’t reply, couldn’t reply, she just stared at the couple.
 

“My name is Kyuhyun and this is my wife Kate.”.
 

Her brain was trying to kick in, but it just kept screaming ‘Momo not kate … what is happening?’.
 

Kyuhyun scratched his nape, waiting for Jeongyeon to receive his handshake. Kate cleared and it snapped Jeongyeon back to the present, “yeah … I- I’m- eh … I’m Jeongyeon.”. Jeongyeon eyes kept glancing at ‘Momo’, who gave no reaction but the same smile since Kyuhyun came when Jeongyeon said her name.
 

“Well … nice meeting you Jeongyeon. Thank you for helping my wife. Let’s go babe.”, Kyuhyun held Momo’s hand and left.
 

Jeongyeon felt her legs gave out, they were shaking and her knee buckling, but yet she’s still standing. Her heart was beating as if she ran a marathon, she can’t get her breathing in control. She knew she had to move, so she followed them. She grabbed a taxi and told him to follow the car. “Crown park hotel.”, she watched as Kyuhyun and Momo enter the lobby. Jeongyeon can’t figure out what was happening, “her name’s Kate … she’s blonde and … married. She doesn’t know me. WHAT’S HAPPENING?!”


 

XXX hospital - emergency room
 

Nayeon was surprised to see a frantic Jeongyeon during her shift. She grabbed the latter and checked on the girl. “Jeongyeon?! What are you doing?! Are you okay?”, Nayeon checked front and back for any physical damage to the girl. She doesn’t see any blood or see any discomfort from Jeongyeon apart from her blank stare.

 

“I- I saw Momo. it’s her I’m sure.”
 

Nayeon sighed, “Honey … we talked about this. Its-”
 

“IT’S HER NAYEON! I FOUND HER! but- “

 

Nayeon didn’t believe her the first time, but Jeongyeon eyes and such certainty in her voice told Nayeon, the girl was telling the truth, “... but?”
 

“She’s … married.”

 

“Wha-”

 

“And her name’s Kate”.

 

“... eh?”

 

“And she doesn’t remember me …”

 

“HEOL?!”
 

It was a lot of information to take in even for Nayeon, she couldn’t fathom what Jeongyeon was feeling. She grabbed the girl to sit down and gather their thoughts. After a few swings of water, Jeongyeon can finally stop shaking.
 

“It- happened so fast and out of nowhere! … I don’t want to ask father, he will probably hurt her if he knew she’s here.”.
 

“She ‘acted’ like she didn’t know you or she really didn’t know you?”, Nayeon was trying to gather the pieces.

 

“I- I’m not sure Nay, it-it didn’t look like an act. If it was, she was REALLY good. But her eyes … they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter