(81)

Different 2
=== 

Tiffany heard the front door close with a loud bang. She listened intently for any possible noise and after a moment of silence, she concluded that Taeyeon was indeed out of the apartment. With a deep sigh, she buried herself back into the mattress and covered herself with the warm blanket. It’s only been three months since they started living together but things between them went from nice to horrifying in a matter of seconds. Was it too soon to move in? Am I pushing her too hard? Is it actually my fault and not hers? The questions kept on bugging her head until she finally had had enough. 

After some quick thinking, she finally moved out of bed and retrieved a box inside her closet. She began to clear up her desk and when she’s finally done, Tiffany took a quick shower. She grabbed the first few clothes from the rack and hastily put them on. A quick fix on her hair and a light make up later, she went out of the room, a small box and her trusty purse in tow.

“Oh my god! What are you doing here?!” Tiffany screamed, dropping the box on the floor, when she saw her girlfriend sitting on the floor along the hallway. Taeyeon didn’t spare her a single glance and started to strum the black ukulele. The intro was familiar, another song from her girlfriend’s 90’s hits playlist, and Tiffany was now confused whether to get mad or just let her be. Because why not? It was her first time seeing that ukulele being played, Tiffany was pretty sure back then that it was only for display purposes. Also, she never knew the girl can sing. Legit singing like she had some professional training or something.

“More than words…” The song ended way too soon for her liking and now Taeyeon was left unmoved, just staring at nowhere in particular, wearing her good old gray sweatpants and black hoodie. 

“What are you doing?”

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon called out but didn’t dare to meet the girl’s eyes.

“I’m still mad at you, just to be clear.”

“Tiffany.”

“Stop calling my name.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“Right.” Tiffany said with a huff.

“I’m so sorry. You’re right. I’m so ing hard to deal with.” Taeyeon chuckled awkwardly and randomly plucked the strings. “I’m sorry for being like this.” She moved to look up, her smile crooked as she stared at Tiffany’s frowning face. “Told you I’m no good. You just won’t listen.” She shrugged nonchalantly and started to play a different song. "Close your eyes, give me your hand, darlin'…”

“Okay, stop that.” Tiffany took away the ukulele and set it aside. With a defeated sigh, Taeyeon stood up and leaned against the wall. “What now?”

“I’m sorry I left the house without telling you.” For some unknown reason, she obviously knew why though, her eyes started to tear up and it took everything in Taeyeon not to burst out crying. “I went out to see Sooyoung. She told me everything that I didn’t want to hear.” She chuckled bitterly as she fidgeted with the hem of her hoodie. “She’s right. It’s all my fault. I’m so sorry.” Sweaty, cold hands reached out to hold Tiffany’s. “This is just the beginning though. I mean, what it is like living with me. There will be more outrageous breakdowns and arguments and stuff. I know… I know how much of a child I am. I am a total mess. I’m sorry if I can’t control myself most of the time.” 

Tiffany wasn’t even sure where this incoherent speech was going but she remained quiet, she had to hear her out first before anything else.

“I am trying to adjust here. I guess I have to do better.” Taeyeon wasn’t able to hold it in and started to sniff as subtly as she could. “Anyway. I love you and I know you love me too, maybe in a ridiculous way, but whatever. So. Um. I’m sorry. I won’t touch that pile again.” She pointed at the box. “I will… I will do my best to compromise. Because…” She flailed her hands as she tried to come up with the right words. “Because I know you get tired too. And I don’t want the day when I wake up and find you missing because you’ve had enough of my stupidity to ever come.”

“Taeyeon-ah…”

“Um… Okay, my point is… I’m really sorry for all the things that I’ve done. All the things that caused you pain. And…! I will try not to abuse the 5 minutes. And… Um… That I love you so much. And that I know I’m such a problematic person but please don’t break up with me?” Taeyeon stepped a little closer, her lips quivering as she waited for Tiffany to say something.

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany pulled the messy girl into a hug. “I’m not breaking up with you.”

“But still…”

“Okay, stop crying now baby…” She cooed and that just made the girl sob uncontrollably. “I forgive you now. I love you too.” She pressed her lips gently on Taeyeon’s forehead.

“I’m so sorry, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said in between sobs.

“It’s alright, baby… I understand.” 

“Thank you.”

===
A/N: Shhh... I know... I mean... That's it??!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA Whatever guys. I'm a mess too. Let's just move on. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD geez, up 'til now i still wonder why you guys keep on reading this nonsense. XD