Chapter Nine

My Heart Belongs to Her Completely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Mark’s eyes wandered around the room. Youngji had convinced him to meet their son. The place was equipped with silence and the room was kept clean as if no guest was occupying it.

He heard whispers from the room but he couldn’t quite understand the words clearly so he decided to check it.

Slowly, he took small steps toward the room but he was uncertain for a second. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to face the child. His son to be exact.

After he reached the front of the slightly opened door, he held the knob with rigid hands but he couldn’t gather some strength to push wood that separating the side where he was standing from the other side.

Mark shut his eyes briefly and exhaled deeply after. With a careful move he stepped inside the room but Youngji’s back faced him. She was blocking the view so he can’t see the boy.

Youngji heard the creaking of the door so she tried to regain some composure. She was shaking deep inside, however, she can’t let her child notice it.

“Yonghan, be a good boy and greet your daddy. Arasseo?” Her hands were on each side of her son’s arms. The boy nodded.

Mark cleared his throat, he tried to look away but he was curious as to what their son looked like. Youngji moved to the side to make for the two males inside the room.

For a moment, Mark’s world suddenly turned into a slow motion as if like some magic spell was cast on him. She gulped in response while she’s looking at her son’s reaction.

“You’re my daddy?” The curious big eyes of Yonghan met his father’s gaze. Mark’s feet were glued to the floor, he couldn’t move. The boy tilted his head out of no response by the latter.

“Well… you could… say that.” Mark said carefully but Yonghan’s brows creased.

“You mean you’re not sure if I am indeed your son?” He was blunt so Mark became awkward.

“Yonghan, be polite.” Youngji scolded so her son immediately bowed. He tended to be straight forward and she forgot to warn Mark.

“I’m sorry for my rudeness… daddy.”

“It’s okay. Can I sit beside you?”

“Yes, you can, daddy.”

Yonghan smiled at him for the first time and Mark couldn’t understand why but he felt like hugging his son.

Mark wrapped his arms around his son with his eyes closed. The unfamiliar feeling comforted him. Youngji almost cried at the sight, she thought that bringing Mark here wasn’t so bad after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark had entered their room when a fist was thrown in his face. His lips began to bleed due to the force that Jackson had given him.

“I can explain.” He couldn’t look at Jackson. But the latter seemed to be troubled with a different reason.

“Then do better with your explaining.” Minji was cold and no matter what she never even looked at him.

“It happened when we attended the department’s party. Jackson was sick back then and you were at states…” Mark focused his eyes to Minji but she was just unresponsive and looking outside the window.

“I didn’t know that our drink was drugged. All I could remember was that some people dragged Youngji and me. The next morning I was beside her without our clothes on – ”

“How could you not know Mark?! You didn’t know that banged my girlfriend? That’s so stupid.”

“I didn’t and what I was saying was true. But we chose to keep what happened between us. I wasn’t even aware that she’s pregnant. I thought everything was okay… until now. I just met him a while ago.”

Mark was staring deeply into his palms. The feeling of his son was in his arms elated him.

“Him? Who?” Jackson was confused. Mark was about to answer but Minji answered for him.

“Who else? The little Tuan.”

“Minji, look, I didn’t know. All I ever want is to be with you…and this happened. I’m so sorry. Yes, I am willing to support that child but… can’t you at least give me a chance? Please give us a chance.” Mark knelt in front of Minji, his hands were on top of her knees.

Minji faced him, her eyes were void from any expression. The cold stare comin

Please log in to read the full chapter