Chapter Five

My Heart Belongs to Her Completely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The rain was pouring hard outside, sweats through the glass windows formed because of the cold climate.

Minji was lying flatly on her bed, her stomach was directly touching the mattress, surrounded by lots of pillows.

All she wanted now was to be completely engulfed into sleep because she hadn’t any decent sleep last night after Mark had told her about Youngji. She couldn’t still fathom the request of Jackson’s ex to Mark.

It doesn’t even make sense for Minji as to why Youngji would ask Mark to date her. If she needed help, she could also help her but she was asking Mark if they could go out.

She groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose. She couldn’t possibly let Youngji drag Mark into the situation. It may be simple for now but it could get complex in the long run. Because at the end, the whole setup would jeopardize the relationship of Mark and Jackson.

Her mind was blank for a long period of time but she was snapped out of it when a knock on her door was heard.

“Minji, your friends are in the living room. They are waiting for you.” Mrs. Han informed her, her voice was soft and calm.

“Who are they?” She asked, her brows furrowed.

“Don’t ask me as if you know nothing, young lady. It’s not like you have a hundred friends who regularly visit the house for you not to know. Mark and Jackson are waiting for you… get up.” Her mother was staring at her, while she grunted and hid behind her blanket.

And before Mrs. Han closed the door she said firmly, “Han Minji.”

“Alright alright. I’m coming.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is my house some sort of a meeting room or something? Why do you keep bothering me at this kind of hour?”

Minji plopped down beside Mark. Jackson had to chuckle at his grumpy friend.

“What’s so funny, Mandu?” She glared at him. Jackson raised his hand in surrender.

“Are you PMS-ing? You’re such a bummer, bro.” Wang Mandu puckered his lips. Mark placed a hand on her knees.

“What’s bothering you?” Mark frowned, he’s getting worried about her mood swings.

When she didn’t reply, he chose to let her be. Maybe she’s not yet ready to tell him. Although he might have a clue about it because she started acting differently after he told her about Youngji’s request.

Mark hasn’t decided yet about helping Youngji. He doesn’t even know the reason why did she ask for a very simple yet complicated setup. He took note to persuade his cousin’s ex-girlfriend about the reason behind her decision.

“Why don’t we breathe for a while? Let’s have a short trip.” Mark suggested, his cousin’s smile was wide now as he rubbed his palms together. He felt excited upon the brought up of the topic.

“I can’t.” Minji immediately answered. Jackson’s smile faded away.

“Min… we need a break from all the exhaustion from work.” Jackson reasoned out but she shook her head. Mark sighed.

“Ask of a leave, Min. Just for a week.”

“You know I can’t. I’m not like a boss like you… who can leave whenever you want. I’m just an ordinary employee. I have some papers to deal with.” Minji was playing with her hair, she refused to look at the two because she knew that if she ever did she might explode and be in rage.

“I’ll deal with it.” Mark’s

Please log in to read the full chapter