Chapter 6

Pinky Promise

HEEYEON POV

"HeeYeon-ah? Did you listen to me?" HyunSik sunbae's hands waved in front of my eyes tried to get my attention.

"Ah… Sorry, can you repeat?" I gave him an apology smile.

"I said do you want to watch a movie or just wander around?"

"Um… There isn't any film that I want to watch recently, maybe we just wander around?"

"ok~" Yeah, HyunSik sunbae asked me out for a date on Sunday after that incident. It was just only the two of us, and there were a lot of thought going around me, thinking if he asked me out for purpose or not. But my rationality told me that I was overthought. The incident still stuck in my mind. I really wanted to told someone and asked for some suggestion because I didn’t know what to do. But it was also embarrassing to tell other something like this, especially to HyunSik sunbae.

 

HYUNSIK POV

HeeYeon was not in her condition obviously. There was something bothering her which made her couldn’t focus on what she was doing. I knew her long enough to understand every detail move. When we were walking, our hands kept brushing each other. It was unintentional but very sweet. I looked down to see HeeYeon, a little pink tint showed on her pretty face, she was blushing. Maybe I should hold her hand? But it might scared her off if I acted too aggressive all of a sudden, I knew her too well. "HeeYeon-ah~ There are many people you have to follow me tightly ok?" I told her and she nodded. I linked my arm with hers. She widened her eyes and mouthed 'sunbae'. "It is too guarantee you won't get lost~" I showed my eye smile, I knew she could never reject my eye smile. She blushed and nodded. My HeeYeonie is So cute~

We kept wandering around a bit and walked into a few cloth shops. Well, HeeYeon changed a bit, she didn’t like to shop around like this before, but then she was still a woman, so shopping was their natural habit. "Ah… Can't find it here too…" I heard her mumbled to herself. 

"What are you looking for?" I asked her. So that's why she kept shopping around but haven't buy anything yet.

"A thin, long sleeves red and black checker shirt." She pouted, my heart pounding so fast because of those cutie lips.

"There is one over there~" I pointed to the shelf where the shirts were located.

"Not this kind of checkers, I only want red and black and the pattern is some what similar to this."

I tried to picture the pattern she wanted but I failed to do so. From when HeeYeon became this detailed in fashion? She did changed a lot from the first time I saw her. She wore like a Korean girl, without makeup of course. She gained more fashion sense, which was good for her for sure, because she said she wanted to have minor in Design.

"How about we go another shop?" She suggested and half-dragged me out. We went to another small shop, she searched through the shelves while I just wandering and waited for her.

"Yes! I found it!" She held a hanger with a black and red checker shirt. Ah~ so this was the one HeeYeon was looking for all these times~ She tied the shirt around her waist. "Does it look good like this?" She asked me. I smiled back. She tried it and asked my opinion again. I couldn't hold back but just smiled like a babo and nodded.

"You looked good on any clothes seriously." I commented and earned a playful hit from HeeYeon.

"Ai~~ Stop it~" I really hoped she would buy this shirt and wear it to school, because I also have a similar shirt, and it would be our first couple outfit hehe. She walked to the cashier and before she could pull her notes out, I took my card out. "Don’t do it sunbae I can pay for myself~"

"No~ let me pay it for you~" I insisted to do so.

"How about you save this money for our dinner bill?" She suggested with a smirk and I defeated. "So I can eat anything I want right?" She kept her smirk on her face.

"Well…. I know you are a kind girl, you won’t treat my purse like that~" I pretended to hug my purse and pouted.

"I am just joking~ Or am I?" She pretended to think. When our eyes met, we burst into laugh.

 

After purchasing the shirt, we went to a shop which sell the cheese roe rice. Even though the shop was small, but it was cozy and the food was delicious. I could see the happy face from HeeYeon and how she tried to pull off the cheese string from the rice. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and took a picture of her. I would secretly changed it to my chat wallpaper. Hehe it was my 'girlfriend photo', I would never delete it.

"Sunbae ar~~ delete that photo please~~~ It is so ugly and embarrassing!" HeeYeon whined when she still pulling the strings. I used a folk to cut them off and could only smile at her cute actions.

"No~ I will keep it~"

"Arhh~~~ HyunSik sunbae~~~" She whined with some aegyo. SO CUTE OMG. "If you delete that picture I would take as many selfies with you as you want." That's an attractive offer… So I deleted it in front of her, but I made a backup secretly and the wallpaper was still there.

"I deleted it, you have to keep your promise." I raised out my pinky finger, and she hooked it just like that day, the day that I never forget and worked so hard to see her again. "Oh yeah, BoMi and IlHoon asked if you want to join our Japan trip during this semester break."

"Japan trip? And why me?" She asked with her shiny eyes focused on me and only me.

"Well actually IlHoon invited me to the trip and BoMi is also going, so I would like to ask if you want to go with us?"

"Only the four of us?" I nodded. "Sure~ Why not~"

"Really?! Let me tell them later~" I was so glad that HeeYeon was willing to go with us, at least we could have a double date instead of being the thirdwheel.

 

After the dinner and took a few selfies, I accompanied her to the bus stop. The street had less people compared to afternoon, but we still linking arm. We looked like an actual couple and I hoped we could be one soon. "Sunbae, thank you for going around with me." She smiled lovingly.

"I should be the one thanking you to accept this date." My cheeks unknowingly rose and smiled from ear to ear. When her bus was coming around the corner, I pulled her into a hug which she never expected.

"OMO… sunbae…" She muffled in my chest. I planted a kiss on her forehead and pulled away. The bus arrived at the stop right at the moment.

"Goodnight~" My eye smile come out again. HeeYeon just blushed furiously and boarded on the bus. I hoped she would never forget today.