Chapter 16

Pinky Promise

The next day, I returned to the depress mode but I didn't show it to DongWoon, otherwise he may prison me in his house for a longer time. "HeeYeon ar!!~~" I heard a girl call me when I left the lecture hall. It was BoMi sunbae. "HeeYeon ar, we haven't seen each other for a long time. Wanna grab something to afternoon tea?" Since the incidence between HyunSik and I, I hadn't seen the sunbae for a long time. So I said yes without further consideration. We chose take away from the canteen and decided to have the food in the balcony of the Science building, where was my secret hideout. There was no one except the two of us.

"Do you have something to tell me?" I asked her. It was so easy to guess what was in her mind, especially when she pulled you aside, she definitely wanted a private talk.

"How do you know?!" She covered out of shock. I smiled at her silliness. "HeeYeon ar, you are so smart and you must know what I want to say right?" I sighed and nodded. It must be HyunSik asked her to convince me. "Actually instead of talking about you and him, I would like to let you listen to a song." She handed me the headphones.

 

'Your hands that touched me

Your voice that called me

It’s still so clear, it still lingers around me

 

Why didn’t I try my best

When you were here?

If I was stronger

I would’ve held onto you till the end

 

Some day, let’s meet again

On a better day

Let’s be more happy, more cool

Like the ocean with waves

Let’s meet again

I’ll wait for us

Let’s be more happy, more calm

Some day, under the heart fluttering sunlight'

 

That's what the song was about. It was HyunSik voice, a bit like recovering from a cry and sounded so desperate. My tears welled up immediately. "He saw you and DongWoon being so close in the gym room last week, and started to wonder should he give up on you." BoMi said after checking my condition.

"Shouldn't he give up already? He has a goddess as her girlfriend and should leave the ordinary girl like me..."  I sighed again and played with the fries in the box.

"HeeYeon ar don't lie to yourself. I'm 100% sure you still love him right? I saw you in the singing contest yesterday. Your breakdown is the best evidence that you still have feeling for him."

"He wants to give up now. Maybe it's a better choice for both of us…" I sighed.

 "Nonono. Love is not about pushing and pulling. You have to follow what you heart say. Do it if you feel like to, and don't care what other said. Do you know how IlHoon and I become together?" I shook my head. "We are classmate since secondary school and we were having some affair for all those years. None of us were dare to tell other how we feel. After high school, he planned to go to London for his study. I know if he left, we may not be able to keep how we were. But I know he is going to London for his own good. Before the day of departure, he keep sending signal that he was going to leave and test if I would beg him to stay. I didn't. And I didn't even want to bid a farewell with him on that day. Until the departure day came, I went to airport and asked him not to go. I thought he would say no, but instead, he asked me do I want to be his girlfriend. And here we are now."

"So he gave up his offer in London and stay?"

"Very foolish right? That's love. They will make you do something stupid. But it is totally fine coz you are in love. So, just follow what your heart says. It might be hard to forgive what he did at first. Everything will be fine eventually if you two truly love each other and give effort to repair your relationship." She smiles and pat my head. I am so moved by her words. Maybe I should reconsider that man…?

 

HYUNSIK POV

"Omg today must be my lucky day. You scared me with your proactive act." NaEun said with some aegyo and hugged my arm. I removed her hands from arms. Her smile faded.

"NaEun, I am here to tell you something important." I looked at her with serious face but she looked at me with huge expectation. "I don't love you, or even like you. It is impossible to us to be together." She seems like frozen after listening to my statement.

"Then let me tell you something. I will not give up on you because we are destined to be together." I shook my head for her stubbornness.

"No, it is not like that. I will never give you any chance no matter you like it or not. And please, just leave me alone and dont harm anyone else. It is just the business between the two of us." After that, I turned and left. It was completely useless to talk to this stubborn girl. She would definitely do something for this. I must keep my eyes on HeeYeon.

-

 

HEEYEON POV

"Excuse me, I have to go to the toilet." I told my girls and went to the washroom. The strange aura filled the room when I opened the door. We were the only class that occupied the floor and no one came out since the start of the lesson. How come all except one cubicles were occupied? I shook the thought away as I was to desperate to go to toilet.

After the flush, I tried to open the cubicle door but it was locked. I kept pulling the door. "Can someone help?" I was sure the people from the other cubicles didn't leave and they should be able to hear me. At that instant, I felt someone cold, wet and thick poured from my head. I couldn't recognize those liquid until it stopped. It was the bright red paint. I heard some girls giggling and left the toilet. Luckily I brought my phone with me to the toilet. I immediately called the girls to help me. And seems like someone was starting her plan again...

-

Next day, I received a call from DongWoon when I entered the campus. "HeeYeon ar where are you?"

"I just arrived school." People looked at me with stares and whispering. I wondered if I was talking to loud on the phone.

"Leave now."

"Huh? Why? I still have lessons to attend." When I walked to the first column, I knew why he wanted me to leave so bad. Posters about me were stuck on the every column in the campus. They accused me for being a that dating DongWoon, HyunSik and more at the same time, or a cheater that left HyunSik for DongWoon, or doing the compensated dating.

"Don't look at it!" I heard him shouted through the phone. Suddenly someone brushed pass me and ripped all the posters down. It was DongWoon. "It must be NaEun who did that."

"What should I do? Seems like everyone believes the rumors..."

"Don't worry, I have already explain everything on Facebook. Sure the people will believe me because of my reputation. Maybe these few days you have to suffer a bit." I nodded and really worried because the exams were coming. "No matter what, I will protect you." He smiled and it did relieve me a bit.

-

At the day of exam, we shared the same exam venue with the year 2 class. I saw HyunSik was talking with his friends and constantly looked at my direction. I quickly turned and bumped into a girl who wore a mask that stood right behind. "Sorry…" I didn’t take a second look of her and walked away.

When the exam nearly till the end, I took out the tissue from my jacket pocket and a note fell down. I swore I have put away all the note paper before the start of exam. How come there was a paper in my pocket? The teacher must have noticed that and walked to my direction. "Is that belonged to you?" The teacher asked me.

"Definitely no, but I don't know why it is in my pocket."

"Don't use such a lame reason to explain your cheating act. I am sorry to tell you that you have been disqualified for this exam." At that moment, I really cried out from the bottom of my heart. I really didn't cheat. Ah! It must be the masked girl who stood behind me. I didn’t see her in the exam room. Think closely, the girl looked like NaEun… It must be her who hated me enough to do that! Even though I argued with the teacher was useless. He wouldn't believe me anyway. I should start think about how to explain with my mother about the academic record on my profile.

After the exam really ended, I lowered my head and slowly walked out from the venue. Suddenly, someone grabbed me towards another direction. I looked up and saw HyunSik who was grabbing my wrist and pulling me to the teacher. Before I could ask what was going on, he spoken up. "Excuse me Sir. I think there is a misunderstanding for the misconduct for this student. She didn't put a note in her pocket intentionally. It is someone framed her up."

"I hope you know that misconduct is a serious act that we strictly prohibit. No one is saved from either misconduct or setting up someone for the act. Do you have any evidence for what you have said?" HyunSik took out his phone and showed a video to the teacher. It clearly showed that the girl with mask put the note in my pocket and left. He also followed the girl until she took off the mask. It was NaEun. "This is a bit complicated. I have to pass the case to the department head."

Few months after the exam, the result were released. I was surprised by seeing the result of that subject was also listed on the transcript. That's mean I was not disqualified by the department! I was so lucky as HyunSik filmed the whole incident so that I could be proved to be innocent. Maybe I should do something to repay him. I opened my Facebook and saw a post from the university group. They reported that NaEun needed to undergo an academic probation due to the incident. Hopefully she learnt her lesson and not to do something stupid anymore...