Chapter 13

Pinky Promise

The start of everything was always tough, especially when some was butting in your way.

A new semester started in a week after our trip. I got a totally different timetable for this semester which was much packed as I took all the credit quota. When I was searching my classroom, a girl who wore an one piece dress came up to me. I thought she planned to pass by but she blocked my way. Wherever I moved, she did the same and crossing her arms. "You are Yoo HeeYeon right?" the girl asked with a very strong tone.

"Yes but how do you..."

"Now I'm warning you, don't stick to HyunSik anymore. He is mine." She walked closer intentionally like threating me. I was really confused to what she said. As I knew he didn't have any girlfriend and where dis this possessive fangirl of his come out? Wait... I knew now....

"Well NaEun, I think you should be clear for one point. HyunSik and I are very  good friends, maybe more than that. It is hundred percent natural if we present together. How can you be so possessive to a point that you don't allow any female stay close to HyunSik?" I brushed past her.

"Don't say that I didn’t warn you. You deserve any consequence that you are facing if you don’t follow what I said." She yelled at me at the corridor. All the students looked at me and her, and started whispering to each other. I didn’t care about what the people were saying as I was not the one to pretend a saint here.

 

NAEUN POV

I must invigilate the move of this girl, no I should do something before she laid a hand on my HyunSik! I followed him to the music room and she was meeting DongWoon now. Look at how DongWoon trying to touch her hands and flirt her, sure this bastard was doing his work. Of course I would not waste the chance to take some photos of them which were my weapon.  Actually DongWoon had a fanpage, if I post this photo on this page, it must have a great response.

Just as what I had predicted, the fangirls all went wild just because of this single picture. I heard that they had stalked her and revealed her profile. All her books and lab coat were torn. They even spread rumors talking about Yoo HeeYeon was not a good person. I didn't know if others believe in them or not, but one thing I could be sure was that no one knew that I was the one who initiated this issue.

Today I asked HyunSik out again. Surprisingly he said yes to all the date I requested. I linked my arms with him but he just pushed me away. "HyunSik ar~~ why~~?" I added some aegyo in it which must melt his heart.

"Is this your plan?" He looked right at my eyes and looked very serious.

"What do you mean HyunSik? I don't know what you said?" I flashed him an innocent smile.

"Don't try to act innocent here NaEun. I know you did that because that is your brother and HeeYeon. You order your brother to flirt her so that you could black mail HeeYeon. That's low and childish." He warned me.

"But what can I do? I just want you to be with me! I don't want to share you with her!" I yelled at him. Why couldn't he understand my feeling? Dating back to the first day I met him in high school, I had fallen for him real hard…

 

Three years ago

This was the first day I started in high school. None of my friend was in the same class with me which was a suffer for me. Although I am a bit popular in my school, I didn’t really have many true-heart friends. But everything had changed when he was assigned as my deskmate. "Hello! I'm Im HyunSik! Nice to meet you." He flashed a eye smile. It is so cute that I was too shy that can't look into his eyes. Starting from that day, my feeling grew each day. He was being so helpful no matter in my academic or when I need someone to help me reject some admirers. Whenever he said he was my boyfriend and asked them not to bother me again, my heart sped up like the racing car.

 

But that was only my feeling. I have tried many time to show my love for him directly and indirectly. I couldn't distinguish whether he really couldn't get it or pretended not get it. Anyway, I kept showing my love and I would never stop until that day HyunSik become my boyfriend!

-

HEEYEON POV

"HeeYeonnie ar~~~~" DongWoon swung his body and approached me with his so-called 'the ultimate aegyo voice' and it was just nausea-induced voice to me.

"What?" I glared at him with all my annoyances.

"Where will you go after school today?" He leaned on the wall beside me who was busying with the panel with her right hand and the run down on her left hand.

"What excuse you are trying to use this time?" I tested the sound of the final song before he spoke anymore nonsense. "Finish. I need to go for my class now." I picked up my bag and rushed my classroom.

I went to my locker and grabbed my books for the upcoming lesson. As it was not yet the releasing time of the previous lesson, the corridor was empty. Not too long, there were foot steps sound sent from the far end of the corridor. At that time, due to curiosity, I looked at the way where sound came. My vision was quite good I had to admit, I could clearly see the faces of the coming people. At that particular second when I recognized them, I was immediately regret why I would bother to look up at the first point. They were HyunSik and NaEun. NaEun hugged his arm and they smiled lovingly to each other. My heart sank at e.v.e.r.y second when they were approached me. I really wanted to look away, but I lost my control so my eyes just locked at them. NaEun was the one who noticed me as HyunSik seems couldn't take his eyes off her. Even in this far distance, I could see her smirk. She pulled HyunSik by the collar of his shirt and her back hit the locker. Without any pause, she hugged his neck and pulled him closer until the gap between their lips disappeared. She kissed him passionately like there was no tomorrow. HyunSik's eyes widened. My heart kept begging him to push her away. He was 'Power HyunSik', he could definitely overcome the force from NaEun. One second, two second… he neither pushed her away nor moved. I couldn't bear this anymore and before I noticed, all my books hit the ground. The loud noise directed their attention to me. I looked at them with the same shock as HyunSik looked at me. He mouthed 'HeeYeon ar…' and NaEun couldn't hide her smirk. Instantly I gathered all my books when HyunSik tried to run to me. Luckily NaEun grabbed his arm even though he shook it off right after she did that. I still got enough time to run away.

The scene of their kissing and HyunSik didn’t push her away kept playing in my head. I really believed in the sweet talk and lyrics that he had sung to me in Japan. How stupid I was. I had no idea where my feet were bringing me to. I held my tears in my eyes as lessons ended and the campus was filled with people. Until I realized, I already run back to the Muso room.

 

DONGWOON POV

When the door opened, I never expected HeeYeon was the one entering. "HeeYeon ar, why did you come back? Did you leave anything behind? You can ask…" Before I could finish my sentence, she suddenly flopped down on the floor with all her books scattered around her. Her sobbing voice was getting louder and louder by time. This really stressed me out and I was worrying like hell. She had never broken down like this, never being so fragile except when we were locked in the dark. She just went out for a while and came back with this state, this incident must hit her so hard. With unknown reason, my heart was so painful like it was being squeezed. I rushed to her curled up form and hug her into my embrace. She circled my waist and keep crying non-stop. My curiosity drove me to death. I wanted to know what happen to her exactly but I knew if I asked her now, I would only add pain to her.

The sobbing finally stopped after 30 minutes. I looked down to my chest, her eyes were now red and puffy. Some tears escaped from her face, I wiped them away with my thumb. She looked at me expressionless. I patted her head gently. "Sorry… making your shirt all wet..." She hugged me again.

"HeeYeon ar let me show you something that will light you up." She frowned. I put my sunglasses on her face which covered half of it as I knew she didn't want anyone to see her state like that, and pulled her out of the room. Fortunately, it was another lesson session and the place I was leading her to was just located at the next block.

"Where are we?" She asked when I pulled her inside my studio. No one was here.

"This is my studio, well actually not mine but few classmates and I are assigned to share this studio for our graduation project." Pulling off the white cloth that cover on the models' body, two dresses were revealed. Both of them were in violet tone with different shades.

"Heol! The dresses are so beautiful. You designed these right?" This plan seems to work as she was more relived.

"Yes. Actually… um it is a bit shy to say it… this is a series that dedicate to you." She turned to me and raised her eyebrows as I continued. "I named it as Iris Collection as I get inspirations from you and the flower Iris. The violet colour is your favourite colour and the colour of iris. I also created formal and casual pieces that reflect your multi-charms." I could see her blush. *So cute* I planned to show her when the collection was finished but to be her mood-saver, I revealed this collection to her as a surprise. At least she was distracted to examine my pieces and not to think of something sad. "You can try these dresses now. I really want to see how it looks when you are wearing them." She gladly accepted it and go to the fitting room. When she came out, I thought I was looking at the most beautiful thing that I had ever seen my life.

"Am I ruining your art piece?" She asked timidly.

"No! Absolutely no! You are too gorgeous that I am so mesmerized" I dragged her to the full length mirror at the corner of the room.

"Daebak! How come these dress fit me perfectly? My ratio shouldn't be the common type…" She trailed off at the end as she blushed again at her own complement and looked at me in the mirror. But I just smirked.

"What do you think?" I circled her waist from behind and whispered at her ears.

"Ya!! You are really a ert!!!" But this time she didn't push me away. I looked at how the dress hugged her body perfectly and examined the pretty face of hers.

"Really pretty…." Words just slipped out of my tongue when I locked my eyes with hers through the mirror.

"You mean the dress? Sure it is beautiful!" She smiled and still examining herself on the mirror.

"No, I mean you are pretty." This time I made sure I told her with my eyes looked at her. She looked at me again. "Don't be sad for that man who doesn't know how to cherish you. And please look around, I always by your side when you need some to be there for you. I am just standing here, behind you. So forget about him and let me take care of you, okay?" This was my guess for the reason that why she would be sad as I knew my sister well. No response from her, just looking at me. Maybe there were too many thoughts running around her mind. Suddenly she smiled.

"Thank you DongWoon ar… but maybe I just need some more time to make my decision. It is not a right time to say yes or no. You know what I mean right?"

"Yes, no matter what, I will wait for you, until the day you can give me a reply." I smiled and hugged her closer. "Oh by the way! Can you be my model for the graduation show? I really want you to wear my most satisfied piece and show it to everyone."

"You are kidding right?" I shook my head. "How can I be a model when I am so short and ugly." She hid her face in her hands.

"No no no! you are so pretty, it's just…. You are so puffy right now due to all the crying you just did." I to light up the mood.

"Ya! You really want to die!" She slapped my arm that was still on her waist. "It is still a year and a half before you have your show. Let see if I am available on that day. Don’t blame me if I screw up everything just because my ty catwalk skills." We both giggled off.