Chapter 11

Pinky Promise

HEEYEON POV

On the next day, we had planned to Tsukiji to try sushi and ssashimi. To taste the freshest seafood, we had to arrive the market at 6:30am, which meant we needed to get up at 5:30. Normally I could wake up once the alarm was off, but today the bed was warm and extra warm with HyunSik beside me. I hardly sat up and looked at the man beside me. I smiled unconsciously because he was just too cute when he was sleeping. I gently shook him. "HyunSik ar~~ wake up~~" No response. "I will go to take a shower first, wake up in 15 minutes ok?" Still no response. He was really a sleepy head, but I just let him sleep because I knew how hard it was to wake up in such an early hour in this cold day.

 

HYUNSIK POV

*Yawning* So she went to take a shower and I was just rolling on the bed. The spot that she had slept on was still warm. I had already missed her. Was I sound like a ert or crazy lover? Hehe, but it was really a pleasure to have HeeYeon wake me up in the morning. How could her voice be so angelic. If I could have her wake me up in the morning, I would be the happiest man on this planet. Oh she was coming out! I should pretend to be sleeping to hear her voice again.

 

HEEYEON POV

I was sure I had bathed for more than 15 minutes and HyunSik was still sleeping. I crawled on the bed and shook him. "HyunSik ar~~ Wake up. It was almost time." No response again. "Ya Im HyunSik!!!" I tried to scream beside his ear, but still, no response. "Aigoo… What should I do…" I turned around due to frustration. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "Omo!"

"I have already woken up~~~" HyunSik lied his head on my shoulder and said sleepily.

"Ya~ Quickly go to refresh yourself. We have to meet BoMi sunbae in 15 minutes." I tried to untie his arms which made him wrapped tighter.

"It's okay to be late~~ Because they will also be late~~"

"We shouldn't do that even though they are going to be late."

"Why~~? If you join my shower, then I will go now~~" My cheeks suddenly burnt red hot.

"A… Are you insane? I have washed and now go wash yourself!" I dragged him to the toilet and closed the door. He kept whining like a baby inside but I just ignored him. I took out my makeup set and started to apply the foundation on my face. It was like 5 minutes, HyunSik came out from the toilet.

"You don't have to apply make up coz you are already pretty enough." HyunSik commented when he sat on the bed and looked at me.

"No. I got my so many pimples because of the finals and deadlines." I kept applying and he moved beside me.

"You will be grabbed away if you are too pretty." He pouted. It was really cute! I just screamed in my heart.

"Grab away from what?" I slipped out the question from my tongue.

"From me." He showed his brightest eye smile again. Once again, I blushed. Luckily the foundation should be thick enough to cover my blush. "You should help me to apply a bit. I got many pimple too." I asked him to turn to me and I gave a light pat on his face. I burst out of laugh immediately and literally rolling on the bed. He looked confusingly at me. "What? What have you done?" I still couldn't recover from the laugh, I just pointed to the mirror. When he turned to the mirror, he facepalmed. "Yoo HeeYeon!!"

"It was not my fault. You asked me to do it." I wiped my tears from all those laughter and panted from my vigorous abdominal muscle contraction.

"But shouldn't be that white right?"

"Because I'm white so my foundation is lighter in colour that's completely normal~~"

"You didn't warn me before hand!" He kept whining and became the annoying HyunSik. I really wanted to shut him up.

"Oh?! Didn't I? or did I? Anyway forget it~~~ Use this to clean your face." I shoved him a makeup removing oil and told him how to use it.

"So complicating~ Can you help me to do it?" He flashed his teeth shining smile again.

"Are you a baby or what? You need people to do everything for you."

"Don't you know that I have a nickname call Im Baby?" He announced proudly. I rolled my eyes and pushed him to the toilet again. After settling him down in the toilet, I closed the door and leaned on it. My smile came out unknowingly, again.

When we were ready, we went to the lobby to meet BoMi sunbae and IlHoon sunbae. As HyunSik had predicted, they were late. "Soooooorrrryyyy let's go!" BoMi sunbae rushed to us, holding IlHoon sunbae's hand who had not yet opened his eyes. The street in Japan in the morning were filled with working class people. I felt something warm wrapped around my hand. I looked down and saw HyunSik grabbed my hand. Honestly, flowers were blossoming in my heart. I looked at him, he just smiled.

"I scare you may get lost in the crowd." And he kept smiling like a fool. I thinned my eyes and looked at him. *What a lame excuse* When we arrived the legendary fish market, IlHoon sunbae led us to the restaurant that he recommended. I peeked at their door sign, it said open at 8am, but the queue was already very long. This was really crazy and that's mean we needed to wait for more than one and a half hour. We followed the queue and waited patiently. The wind from the ocean was not a joke. It was extremely cold if you stood by the sea in winter morning. But my hand was still warm because HyunSik was holding me.

"Woooooo~~~ We get a new couple here now~~~" IlHoon sunbae made fun of us. HyunSik pulled me into his embrace.

"You do think we suit each other right?" He smiled brightly.

"Ya~ Let me go." I lightly patted on his chest to push him away.

"Don't push me~ It is warmer like this, I saw you were shivering." He ruffled my hair and I just let him hug me. Slowly, I leaned on his shoulder and fell a sleep.

 

HYUNSIK POV

She must be too tired. I ruffled her head and let her lean all her weight on me. IlHoon elbowed me. "Bro congraz~~" I only smiled and looked at the sleeping HeeYeon. She was too cute to be true and I was so thankful that she came back to me. When the queue was moving, HeeYeon woke up. She cutely rubbed her eyes. I couldn't control myself but lightly pitched her cheek.

"Ahhh~~ wae~~~~" She whined. *Ah So cute*

"To make sure you are awake to taste your favourite salmon." I must look like a fool now because I couldn't hold back my smile.

"You still remember my preference. Who knows maybe I have changed." She shrugged.

"You did change a lot, but you didn't change your preference, like you still like salmon and meeeee." I pointed at myself and my smile hanged from ear to ear when I saw she blushed.

"Heol~ I didn't say I like you~" She blushed and turned around to escape.

 

HEEYEON POV

That was close! I almost admitted and blushed in front of him. But I immediately turned around. When we entered the shop, the waitress put a big bowl of steamed egg before each of us. I was a bit worried as it might have an extra cost to our bill. "It is free of charge please enjoy~" The waitress bowed and left. How could this be free of charge? We never get this free service in Hong Kong. I picked a spoonful of egg and it wobbled like jelly. It was really rich in flavour and ingredient. This was probably the most tasty steamed egg I have ever tasted. When the sushi and sashimi were served, I was almost fainted by its visual. The colour and the even distribution of fats, everything was perfect! I put one piece of salmon in my mouth, it melted immediately in my mouth. The taste stayed in my mouth for awhile and it was an enjoyment to taste this fresh sashimi. After I swallowed pieces, I returned to my sense. All of them were looking at me. It must be I had eaten too much. I put down my chopstick and apologized.

"Nonono! You don't  need to be sorry. You are just too cute when you are enjoying the food." BoMi sunbae praised me. I just nodded and hid my face. It was too embarrassing! And I felt HyunSik ruffled my hair. Omo!

-

After we ate our full breakfast in Tsukiji, we went back to Shinjuku to take a bus to FujiQ, one of the most famous amusement park in Tokyo. There were many rides, some of the roller coasters holds the world record and called the scariest rides. Despite the rides, it also had the most horrible haunted house and maze. Frankly, I had never taken any ride before. I was a bit scared of taking any ride, but this was a chance for me to breakthrough. With a long ride of more than an hour, we arrived to the park. The sky-shooting roller coaster tracks could be seen before you enter the park. HyunSik never loosed my hands. Being with him, I could really feel safe and protected. "Waaa!!! I want to play this, this, this, this and this!!" BoMi sunbae was so excited and pointing at different attractions on the map that she wanted to play.

"Then let's play all these!!" IlHoon sunbae grabbed her hands and ran to the roller coaster with a curve that straight down.

"Are you okay?" Maybe I grabbed HyunSik's hand too tightly, he looked at me with concern.

"Um… I… I never tried any ride before."

"Oh! What a shame! You should try one!" He excitedly said and pulled me to them. We followed the queue which was quite long. I read the info board beside me. The attraction called Takabisha which has a 121o drop. I looked upward, the only thing I can do was put my hand on my chest. I always did that when I was nervous. But that was not a big deal right? I was sure the safety level was above standard so they could still operate this attraction. After 15 minutes, it was our turn. All four of us could only sit at the second row which was a good thing to me. HyunSik and BoMi sunbae were beside me. I still comfort myself that I would be definitely alright to handle this. But when the seat belt was push down, I immediately felt regret. I wanted to leave immediately. HyunSik may sense my nervousness. He put his hand in front of me. "Don’t worry. Just grab my hand. I will protect you." He then showed his eye smile.

My nervousness flew away in a second, but came back when the cart started to move. I grabbed HyunSik's hand like it was the only way to save my life. I could hear his laughter completely due to excitement. I kept my eyes close and leaned on HyunSik's chest. My heart was pumping in an extremely fast speed, almost pumped out of my body. The first few minutes were still fine, but when the cart reached the highest point it stopped. My breath also stopped because I knew what was ahead. In the split of second after the cart started to move, I felt like my weight equal to zero. The centrifugal force was so great, I thought my heart flew up to my neck. I screamed my lungs out and HyunSik also screamed out with laughter. The cart moved continuously and I just hid my face onto his chest and screamed. After I don't know how many loops and sharp turns, the cart slowly stopped at the stop. I raised my head and took a deep breath. It was not that bad and I survived. When the seat belt was unbuckled, I could still walked down by myself. No dizzy or nausea. *I'm sure I have a good health* I praised myself secretly.

We toured around the area a bit and sunbaes decided they wanted to try another rollercoaster. They pointed at a ride was really high, I almost bend my head to my back to take a look of the peak of the ride. I have done some research before we came. This is Fujiyama which has the highest altitude among all the roller coasters in this theme park. It was not that bad, at least it doesn’t have that 121o free fall but is replaced with more loops and drops. HyunSik sunbae grabbed my hand and gave me an assuring smile before pulling me to the queue. Not too long before we abroad the ride. This time HyunSik sunbae and I sat at the first row and BoMi sunbae and IlHoon sunbae say at the second row. After my first experience, I tried to relax a bit and not to grab sunbae's arm. Although I kept screaming throughout  the whole ride, it was more  enjoyable to ride the roller coaster in this way.

After somewhat like forever, we came down from the ride. I was still in one piece and pretty good, but IlHoon sunbae seems like he was going to throw up anytime and BoMi sunbae held him tightly. He was the one suggesting to play all those rides but now he was the one suffering it. "Maybe we will take a break first. You and HeeYeon can go to play other attractions." BoMi sunbae put IlHoon sunbae on one of the benches and suggested.

"Sure." After that, HyunSik sunbae held my hands and walked away. Although he didn't talk much but this moment was already sweet enough, especially whenever he looked at me, the eye smile was always there. "HeeYeon-ah~ let's play this!" He pointed at the haunted house in front of house. It was designed like a abandoned hospital with creepy aura around the whole building. It had been named as the world biggest and the scariest haunted house in theme parks.

"Ah.... no... pls..." Horror films and haunted house were my second biggest  enemies, which were under bugs.

"Ah~~~ just one time please." HyunSik whined and keep dragging me to  the entrance.

"But I am really really really really really really scared of this!"

"It's okay, just stay with me and I will protect you." He raised his pinky and I just hooked it.

"Remember what you said!" We were called to go into the haunted house. Being in a scary and unknown area, people tend to become extremely sensitive. When we just entered, the alarm noise just scared me. I clutched HyunSik sunbae's arm and not dare to look around. Until I heard a loud noise and I just stuck myself to him because I knew there must be a ghost coming out. When we reached the legendary long corridor, my only thought was run to the end as fast as possible. So I left HyunSik and started to run and turned the corner. I thought I was safe now, but I was totally wrong. Inside this unknowing room, many ghosts started walking towards me. As my feet were too fragile and couldn't support my weight anymore, I squatted down and cried. Someone tapped my shoulder but I was too afraid to look at who it was. I was lifted in someone's arms. When I opened my eyes, I saw HyunSik's smiling face. That smile warmed my heart so much and I closed my eyes, let him brought me out. I was so glad that every time when I was in danger or need help, he would always be the first one to come and save me.

I sat on a bench to calm myself. "Sorry HeeYeon ar... I don't know it will be like this.." He lowered his head and held my hands. I gave him a assuring smile.

"Forget it... I will be fine in a minute." and I continued looking at the view of Fuji mountain in far away. BoMi sunbae  and IlHoon sunbae joined us and I guessed they saw my sad face.

"Yah!! Im HyunSik!! What did you do to HeeYeon? She is sad and off focus now!" BoMi sunbae sat next to me, hugged and ruffled my hair to comfort me. Oh that's great. This could be my revenge to HyunSik who insisted to pull me in that haunted house.

"How can you ruin your first date like this bro?" IlHoon sunbae lightly punched on HyunSik shoulder.

"I just dragged her to the haunted house and I saved her from the ghosts and that's it! She just said she will be fine." HyunSik said with a 'I-am-completely-innocent' face. Then I pretended to cry loudly.

"You boys always say you did nothing wrong at this situation!" BoMi sunbae kept comforting me and HyunSik sunbae seems like defeated.

"It's okay… don’t blame him anymore… only if the dinner is his treat..." I sobbed between words. BoMi sunbae and IlHoon sunbae smirked and HyunSik could only take this offer. When BoMi and IlHoon walked away, I showed a victorious smile to HyunSik

"Ah~~~ HeeYeon ar~ you become naughty now, not the angelic one I used to know." He whined and play my arm.

"No~ you deserve this because you dragged me to that horrible place." He kept whining non-stop throughout our walk to Great Zaboon (rollercoaster that fall to water). To our surprise, the staff told us that they only have three raincoat for us, so one of us would completely get wet. Otherwise we couldn't play this ride. BoMi, IlHoon and I looked at each other and grabbed the remaining raincoats.

"Heol! Then what am I now?" HyunSik dropped his jaw. "Then I don't play." He crossed his arms like a three year old kids that can't get what he want for Christmas.  But before he could walk away, I dragged him to the cart like what he did just now.

"You must be with me~ you know I was so scared to take a ride by my own~" I added some aegyo and just like my expectation, HyunSik whined a bit but still sat on the cart. The cart slowly moved upward and when it reached the top, I looked at HyunSik. He shut his eyes close like he was doing some mental preparation. When the cart started to drop. I suddenly felt he hugged my head to his body, trying to protect me. My heart fluttered immediately, even bunch of cold water splashed to my body, I could felt a heat rushed to my face. After the splash, I looked at the soaking HyunSik. Although his hair was dripping with water and his clothes was all wet, he kept smiling. "You don’t need to do it like this, especially you don’t have a raincoat." I helped him to wipe the remaining water droplet away.

"Are you worrying me?" His smile got wider within a second.

"Who said so? It's just… just… if you don’t get dry, you might get a cold." I blushed and lower my head to keep wiping the water. When we were back to the starting point, the staff gave him towels to dry himself. I took one of it to dry his head.

"Oh look they are being lovey dovey again." IlHoon sunbae pointed at us and whispered to BoMi sunbae. "Seems like HeeYeon did a good job in this, maybe you always help him to do so?" He teased.

"Of course no… how… how come I will do that! I just worry about if he is sick, no one will treat us dinner tonight." I just blushed and kept helping him. We toured around and brought some snack after HyunSik dried himself and touring around a bit.  A building with abandoned look appeared again in my sight. This one did not look like the hospital, but more like a factory. The sign showed "Ultimate Fort".

"This is the greatest maze in all theme park. The escape rate is nearly 0." BoMi sunbae looked at what I was looking and said.

"So no one have ever escaped from this?"

"Although it said zero, it was actually 1/100000." She elaborated. Escape game? Sounds interesting. Back to secondary school time, I always played escape game. Usually each round lasted for 45 minutes. In the first 40 minutes, I had no idea but within the last 5 minutes I could figure out how to escape and always success.  I looked at HyunSik and begged him to go with me with eyes, which was irresistible to him.

I thought the setting would be a maze and nothing else. But I was wrong, totally wrong. When you entered the fort, you would feel like you become a spy or theft to steal something very confidential or expensive. It was full of surveillance cameras with lights. I tried to escape from all those lights. The pattern that the people control made no where the surveillance cameras not cover. I stuck my back to the wall and moved quickly in the corridor to escape from the cameras. After I walked through the stage 1, I looked back and saw HyunSik sunbae was a bit hesitate in the next move, so I started to become his instructor, telling him how to move. Suddenly, I heard some mechanical voice, I peaked at the wall with grid in the middle. They used robots in the next stage and the cameras were still there. I tried to follow the back of a robot as it could cover me from the surveillance of the camera, and the robot only had sensor in front of it, and it couldn't turn its head, I followed them and a light passed my shoulder. That was close, I almost got caught! Walking through a few turns, it reached the last stage, and we could clearly see the exit sign in the other end of the corridor. But what between us was the laser grid, movable ones. I took a deep breathe and started my first step. I tried to crawl on the floor, bending my body and keep straight of my body. All these things I did was just to deal with the first few light beam. That was totally insane. Just when I tried to cross the other one, the alarm buzzed. I thought it was me who triggered the alarm, but that was HyunSik. *HeeYeon ah keep your sanity in place, you can do it.* I looked at the clock, it was 5 minutes before the time limit. Okay! It was time to push my limit. I raised my concentration to the highest. As the movement of each laser beam was predictable and in same pattern, I estimated how many space I would have and took the route with more spaces…

 

After 10 minutes

"Why HeeYeon hasn’t come out yet….?" BoMi said with concerns and walked back and forth outside the exit.

"Maybe she was finding a way back to the entrance?" IlHoon sunbae said.

"Then I will go check the entrance." Just when HyunSik sunbae walked away for few steps, I came out with my hands hid behind my back.

"HeeYeon you are back! Did you success?" BoMi sunbae asked me with her eyes glittered with hopes. I lowered my head and showed a sad face.

"It's okay~ The game is just not designed for human being to pass. No, I should say even a fly cannot pass all those traps." HyunSik sunbae comforted me.

"So you said I am not human being, nor comparable to a fly?" I talked and they all looked at me with their eyes widened. I took out the envelop behind me and my smile hang between my ears. "I did it!! And they requested me to take a photo as the winner so I came out a bit late just now."

"OMG! HeeYeon you are our heroine!" IlHoon sunbae being exaggerated and earned a punch from me.

"And the prize of success escape..." I opened the envelop and took out four coupons. "These are the free coupons for the high end restaurant in Tokyo Sky tree!"

"That's perfect! We can try this tomorrow night when we go to Ueno Zoo and the art museum." IlHoon sunbae suggested.

"Can't it be tonight? Then my money can be saved." HyunSik swung my arm and begged with aegyo. I just shook my head.

"It was more convenience to go at tomorrow night." I reasoned. "Maybe we should think about what to eat tonight." I pretended to think. After some discussion, we decided to go back to a tempura shop in Shinjuku that BoMi sunbae really want to try. When we got back to the hotel, it was already 10:00 pm. As we woke up really early this morning, I almost can't lift my eye lids.

"Let's bath and sleep." HyunSik told me.

"I just tired physically but mentally I am completely alert. I won't fall into your trap." I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I took a shower as soon as possible and crawled to bed, wishing tomorrow would be another memorable day.