8..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Thank you for waiting...

 

 

---

 

 

The younger Jennie was alone at the school’s park that day, she sat on one of the bench there with a pretty thick book on her hand. Jisoo had a student council meeting and as promised, Jennie would wait for her as she always did.

 

Jennie was so into the biology book when someone sat beside her. Jennie didn’t bother to raised her head to look at the person beside her, Jisoo’s meeting wouldn’t end for about 20 more minutes and for that long wait, Jennie didn’t have to care about her surrounding.

 

But the person beside her decided to started a conversation with her by calling the brunette by her name.

 

Jennie reluctantly raised her eyes from her book to met a pair of eyes that colour seemed so familiar for her. The owner was a middle aged man with jet black hair and dressed in a rich businessman suit.

 

He strangely seemed so familiar for the brunette. His features, Jennie had seen them somewhere.

 

“Are you Jennie Kim?” His voice was deep and heavy, but the voice held a hint of tone that was similar to Jisoo’s.

 

Jisoo!

 

“Mr. Kim?” Jennie said right away. She stand up from her seat before she bowed to the man in respect.

 

Even the identity of the man in front of her was still unconfirmed, Jennie was sure that he was related to Jisoo and that’s why she had to show him some manner.

 

“Are you here for Jisoo unnie? She still have student council meeting right now, she will finish soon..”

 

The man only stared at her briefly, he looked a little amazed with the young girl’s sudden move but his face didn’t show any annoyance. It was flat instead.

 

“So, you are the girl that my daughter always talked about,” He paused for seconds, probably forming a sentence inside his mind, “I need to talk to you..” He said straight to the point.

 

Jennie watched as the old man followed her to stand up before he walked ahead in slow pace for Jennie to follow. And she did of course, hence she felt a little confused because of that.

 

The man stopped when they reach a black Mustang that Jennie assumed as his car. She was still in doubt about what to do until Mr. Kim opened the back seat and told her to went inside.

 

Jennie couldn’t help but to took a great look of what inside the luxurious car, it was her first time ever to sat inside such a car. Her wandering eyes stop from glancing around when the door from the other side opened followed by the entrance of Mr. Kim.

 

There’s no words spoken for about a minute. Jennie just sat in silent as she wait for the man to say a word.

 

“Do you know Aron Kim?”

 

The question made Jennie’s ears pearked up, actually the name mentioned catched her attention fast. Of course she knew that name.

 

“Yes i do. He was my father..” She answered with a low tone, not really comfortable by the fact that she had to dug in her memory about her barbarous father.

 

The look on the man’s face made it even worst, it was full of disgust all of sudden.

 

“Was?” Despite the look on his face, he still mantained the slightly calm tone on his voice.

 

“My parents left me under the care of my aunt years ago. I do not have any idea about their presence now..” Jennie answered honestly even tho her heart started to ached from the topic.

 

“No wonder,” He glanced at Jennie with his cold eyes, even tho Jisoo and him has the same eyes but it gave a different vibe, Jisoo’s was much more soft and gentle, “Starting from today, i don’t want you near my daughter again..”

 

Jennie was taken aback with the request. Her mind was in chaos as she searched for a suitable answer for him.

 

All of sudden, Jisoo’s father asked Jennie to stay away from her one and only friend? How could she do that? There’s no way she could hang on for the day without Jisoo around.

 

“I-i’m sorry Mr. Kim.. But i don’t get it..” She stuttered nervously. The serious look on the old man’s face made it clear that he wasn’t kidding about his words.

 

“I thought you are smart enough to know what i meant by that. You shouldn’t have be seen near Jisoo again from now on, simple as that. Now you may leave my car and go straight back to wherever your destination is..”

 

“But Jisoo unnie,”

 

“She is not your problem to mind. Just stay away from her, Kim Jennie. I’m warning you, leave the car..” He said coldly that his words froze Jennie’s blood.

 

“B-but why? Did i commit something wrong till i’m not allowed to be friend with her anymore?”

 

He seemed to frown when Jennie said the word ‘friend’, like it was something inappropriate to say.

 

“You don’t have to know the reason. Get out from my car..”

 

Jennie couldn’t answer back, her mind was a mess as questions popped unstopably. Despite the shocked she was given, Jennie still managed to bowed to the man before she left the car and walk straight home that day with mixed emotion inside her heart.

 

She didn’t tell Jisoo about the occurence tho, she didn’t stop from meeting the older girl either.

 

 

---

 

 

Here i was, standing on the spot where my feet used to stand on everyday before. Jisoo’s house never change, the tall gate still there to shields the house from curious stare the people outside threw, and it still painted with clean white colour, Jisoo said that her mother liked it that way.

 

Not like i ever got inside this house, the most that i did was watch her enter the gate and went home directly after that. She invited me in every time but i just don’t feel myself worthy enough to step inside, so i always declined her offers saying that my aunt needed me home fast. That decision made me glad tho, knowing her father didn’t, well maybe still not like me, i’m afraid that my precense inside her house will only be a burden.

 

But now is different, i need to go inside this house. I need to see her, i want to talk to Jisoo so badly. I can’t handle living without seeing her beautiful figure, she’s the only one that build up my hope for life.

 

A soft sigh left my lips as i stare at the tall gate from top to bottom for the third time, still not sure about going inside the house or just go back home.

 

No, i need to go inside. I need to see her.

 

Just when i about to ring the bell, the small door on the corner of the gate opened. An old lady peeks out her head and i bow my head slightly when she catched my gaze.

 

“Good afternoon imo,” It’s Lee imo, Jisoo’s maid for a really long time, even before Jisoo was born she’s already working with her family. I used to met her before when i walked Jisoo home. She would gave me a box of milk to drank on my way back home, i’m glad she’s the first people i see here, “Is Jisoo home?”

 

Her suspicious stares changed by the mention of Jisoo’s name. Her face fell sad all of sudden.

 

“I am sorry miss..”

 

“Imo, i’m Jennie. I used to walk Jisoo unnie home everyday before..”

 

Her face changes again. She eyes me from eyes to toe, probably trying to remember me.

 

“Oh my, Jennie – yah. You are a grown up beautiful girl already, i can’t recognized you earlier!” She said while holding each side of my shoulders. Her hands are shaking, i just noticed that her eyes are swollen from crying.

 

Is there something wrong?

 

I don’t know why. Imo seems off, something must be wrong.

 

“Imo, is Jisoo home?” I repeated my question, desperately trying to take a peek through the gate.

 

I glance down to Lee imo again,she seems so frightened. That’s when i notice that it’s really chaotic inside, i could hear people screaming.

 

“Imo-”

 

“Jennie – yah, please help Sookie.”

 

Sookie. Her nickname for Jisoo.

 

Jisoo.

 

Something is wrong!

 

I run passed Lee imo when i heard screaming again, i swear that was Jisoo’s scream that i heard just now.

 

I could spot a few people standing in front of the house. A pink luggage and a huge black backpack are scattered on the ground.

 

It makes me stopped in track. My eyes become focused on the scene.

 

Jisoo was dragged out from the house by an old man that i recognized as her father. A lady that i assumed as Jisoo’s mother is following them from behind. She’s crying, so did Jisoo.

 

“Appa-“

 

“Go away from here! You are such a disgrace to the family!” The old man, Mr. Kim, snapped at his daughter in anger.

 

Even from pretty far distance, i could see Jisoo’s body shaking greatly. I might be seperated from her for quite a long time, but i’m not the one to forget, i could tell that she’s afraid. It make me want to pull her into my arms, wrapped her in my embrace, comfort her and make her feel safe.

 

I gapped my mouth open but no word came out from it. It’s like i loss my ability to talk because i was too focused on Jisoo.

 

“A-ppa... Please listen first-”

 

“There is nothing to listen to,” He cut her off again. I don’t want to call it fate but his gaze is somehow directed to me all of sudden, “See, see. You have a guess here, Ms. Kim..”

 

I close my eyes as i gulp, reality hits me when i realize that he directed the words to me. I’m not prepared for this, what should i do now?

 

I can’t hear a word for a brief seconds. When i open my eyes, all of their gazes have been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter