6..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Please enjoy~

 

 

---

 

 

We continued to walk under the faint illuminating light from the moon on top of us. It’s almost twelve by this time, the busy street has died down and only a few car passing on the road. I glance to my right side where this girl walking with her gaze directed to the front.

 

This weirdo has put her guitar back on it case. She accidentally hit a drunk man with the guitar that forced us to ran in the speed of lightning away from him. Why did i even let her walk me home? I should make a list of why i shouldn’t let her be near me later, probably i will get ten full pages of reasons.

 

“Remind me to kick your away next time if you offer to walk me home. For your information, i don’t have any will to do exercise today, i’m tired as hell, yet you brought me to a life-taking run from a freaking drunk man in the middle of the night..” I snorted at her, breaking the so-awkward-silent between us.

 

 She turned her head slightly to the side to meet my gaze, a small uncomfortable smile was there instead of that usual creepy smile.

 

“I’m sorry, i didn’t meant to hit him tho. He was walking unstably earlier and he was the one who hit the side of my guitar..” I rolled my eyes at her explanation. Such a good way to explain yourself. My eyes rolled again for the nth time.

“I’m knackered now, thanks to you. And no, i can’t drop this topic down because i’m so freaking pissed and tired now..” A frown surely created on my face now.

 

A brief silent is lingering between us before the sound of her chuckle filling the air.

 

Just what the hell?

 

I stop walking to stare at her in annoyance. Did she just chuckled over my pain? This girl surely got a gut.

 

“Yeah, continue your chuckling time. I’ll surely remind myself to ignore your annoying presence next time..”

 

“Hey, you know i don’t meant to chuckled. It just your face was really..” I watch her as she paused her words, probably searching for a suitable word to complete her sentence, “Really refreshing..”

 

Refreshing, huh? I’ll show you what’s refreshing.

 

A sly smile forming on my face as i brought my hand to pinch her side. Earning a low sound of groan from her, i retreat my hand from her side. A small laugh escaping my mouth when i notice her pained expression.

 

Serve you right, missy.

 

“Does it hurt?” I asked after a few minutes, my laughter has stopped and it’s replaced by a grin instead. She turned to look at me, her dark irises was shining somehow.

 

“That’s more hurting than the punches you had thrown at me..” She said while giggling, i can’t help but to giggle along with her.

 

This time i felt like we had known each other for a long time already, it feels so comfortable when she directed that smile toward me.

 

No, i'm becoming too delusional. I should stop whatever thing i was thinking and feeling about this girl, it was too much.

 

Just five more minutes then we’ll reach my home. Thanks God for that because it’s so freezing cold out here, i could feel my bone stiffen inside me. That suddenly remind me of something. This weirdo dressed in a very inappropriate clothes for winter.

 

She must be out from her mind. Even i could notice that she’s shivering right now, and she still have the confident to rejected me when i offered to return her scarfs earlier. What can i do? She’s a nutter after all.

 

“You are so dumb..” I can’t help but to snort at her. I could feel her eyes directed to me again, i only diplay my usual uninterested face as i continue to face the front.

“Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me, dummy. You can just say it if you feel cold..” Finaly i turn to face her, raising my perfect brow when i see her chuckling.”You are definitely shaking right now..”

 

“You need it more than i do..”

 

Great! There she goes again with her stupid words. How can this girl be so annoying and dumb and sweet and cute at the same time? Wait, did i just call her cute? Ugh, i must be out from my mind by now, damn this cold weather.

 

Oh God, what’s wrong with me? This is not my usual mighty self, Lalisa Manoban never call anyone beside herself cute. That’s something forbidden according to my book of life.

 

“Suit you self. Don’t ask me to take care of you if you got sick after this..”

 

Am i, without i notice and that’s really , interested on this dumbhead? Oh no- That can’t be happening! Not even in my wildest dream, or my nightmare, or my whatever-kind-of-bad-dream!

 

No, i am not interested on this erted-dumbhead. Remember Lisa, you gave her almost more than hundred bad nicknames for reason! Don’t let your guard down around her.

 

My pace grew a little faster when i spotted my house. Finally i can get rid of this dumbhead.When i finally reach my house gate, i turn my head around to found no one behind me.

 

Where is she?

 

Oh, there she is. She stay still on the spot where i left her earlier, five big steps away from me. Her smile is too bright to go unnoticed.

 

“Uhm. See you later?” I heard her say while waving her right hand slightly toward me.

 

What the- She’s seriously just going to stop there?

 

“Yah, Dumbhead!” A frown appeared on my face as i called her. She’s not supposed to leave me just yet! What kind of person that offered to walk a beauty like me home and stopped before they actually reach the house? Oh right, a dumb person like her.

 

That dummy’s head was tilted to the side, maybe a little confused, “Yes?”

 

“Geez, you’re so dumb. Come here first!” I snorted at her with my hands crossed against my chest, a deep frown clearly showing that i’m annoyed, again.

 

I stare at her as she make her way toward me in total wonder. I still held my gaze on her once she stop in front of me, her slightly taller figure never intimidate me as i jabbed two of my fingers toward her shoulder.

 

“You think i will let you off like this?” I catched her gulping in discomfort before make a slight gap, probably going to say a word but then decided to shut it tight again.

 

I let out a soft huffed sound, my hand make their ways to untangled the red scrafs around my neck before i wrapped it around her seems-to-be-frozen-neck.

 

“Uuh..Lisa-“

 

“Don’t get the wrong idea, i don’t want to be linked in the case if you suddenly die in the middle of the street because of hypothermia. Beside, that’s yours..” I mumbled under my breath as i make sure the scarfs is covering her neck right, “And one more thing..” My hand sneak inside the front pocket of my backpack to pull my favorite (Why i always ended up giving my favorite stuffs for her to use?) Yellow beanie and put it on her head till it cover her redden ears.

 

I take one step back to reviewing her figure, fixing her hair to matched the binnie for a couple of times. Once i feel satisfied, i let my hands slide back to my sides and let the silent take all over us once again.

 

I hate my self so much right now, good thing that the light coming from the streetlights isn’t that bright to show my flushing face.

I hate my self because i can’t tone down the raising rate of my heartbeats. I hate my self to liking the smile that’s showed brighter on her face by now.

 

And i hate it that the silent that was awkward before, starting to become more comforting.

 

I hate her with burning passion.

 

“thank you, Lisa..”

 

I really hate her, right...?

 

“Welcome, Rosé..”

 

Oh no, this is so wrong.

 

 

---

 

 

“It’s really tiring today, the guy from class 3d was in trouble for smoking inside the classroom and his homeroom teacher told me to watched him cleaning that disgusting toilet at the third floor on lunch time. I lost my appetite to eat completely after that, thanks to the smell, and now i’m very hungry..”

 

Jennie released a soft chuckle as she listen to the older rambling. They were sitting side by side under Jennie’s favorite tree near the soccer field, sharing the sandwiches from Jisoo’s pink lunch box.

 

It was Jennie’s favorite thing to do, listening to the older girl and watched the black haired beauty’s face decorated with frown that made her face became more cuter according to the brunette’s opinion. She wasn’t the talking type, after all. She just spoke when she thought she need to or when the older started to nagged her silent.

 

“Yah, Kim Jennie..”

 

Jennie shaked her head and hissed when Jisoo grabbed her cheek with her two slender fingers, pinching the fluffy part of Jennie’s face with an annoyed expression that was formed onto a frown on her beautiful face.

 

“Are you even listening to me?

 

Jennie couldn’t contained her smile any longer. Jisoo was just too cute when she got annoyed.

 

“Yes i do..” Jennie mumbled softly as she put her hand on top of the older’s that was still attached to her cheek, “I do listen to you, Chichu unnie~” She repeated her words, her favorite nickname for Jisoo slipped on the end of her sentence, and it made the older’s cheeks to flushed.

 

They were just staring into each other’s eyes for a moment. Jennie always appreciated the way Jisoo’s eyes shined like a burning amber, they showed just how confident the older girl was. Yet they were always gentle, and that part made Jennie fell for those two brown orbs.

 

“Jennie..” Jisoo called her with a soft whisper but loud enough for Jennie to catched. Jennie hummed in return, she slided her fingers between the older’s slender one to intertwined their fingers and made their hands balled into one.

 

“We’ll graduate from this school next month..”

 

Jennie raised a brow at that. So Jisoo was up to this topic, again. Not like she didn’t like to talk about their plan after they graduated, it just that Jisoo would got too worried.

 

“I thought we had our talk about this already?” Jennie tried not to sounded too guffy, She didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter