11..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Good morning Chaeyoung-ah ..”

 

That sweet voice, the melody i heard before i fell asleep at night, and the one that woke me up from my dreamland. The voice from heaven, beautiful melody formed on every word she said. Her voice sounded dreamy in my ears every time she called my name, and how come it never sounded dirty even when she moaned it out? My name always came out sweet and innocent from her pair of sweet lips.

 

When i opened my eyes, an angel had her enchanting brown eyes locked with my sleepy ones. Is it normal to had your breath taken away as soon as you opened your eyes in the morning? I’ve been experiencing this since day 1, they said it was love.

 

“Morning, Wan-ah..”

 

They said it will never hurt if you fell for the right person, your own soulmate, then why is it still killing me every time her sweet smile flashed through my memories?

 

No, no.

 

Falling in love is painful, so painful. I feel like dying.

 

I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry..

 

I’m sorry, Wan-ah. I am so sorry. Please forgive me.

 

---

 

‘Apartment Yong on the second floor. Her unit is the only one there so i’m sure you won’t get it wrong.’

‘And Lisa, please don’t do anything stupid.’

 

Lisa looks up from her phone toward the tall building before her eyes. She can’t believe her own self that she does went this far just to give a piece of her mind toward the ginger haired girl.

 

Like, who went to someone’s house just to nag them? Herself, apparently.

 

Jennie's texts wasn’t much of a help either considering she has all the worst scenarios planned inside her mind. If only she brings her mother’s bread knife that the older purchased at a thrift shop.

 

“You can do this Lalisa, believe on your self control..”

 

After a few breaths taken, the blonde girl finally made her way inside the 3 stories building with a certain door on the second floor being the goal inside her mind.

 

As Jennie said in her text, it doesn’t took her all of her time to stand in front of Rosé’s unit. Though Lisa did not rush to knocked on the door, since she’s busy calming her raging heart down. And she does not even know why she’s this nervous.

 

8 minutes has passed since the time she raised her hand to knock on the brown door, her already aching hand from the mattress episode with Jennie earlier just had to ached even more at the added tense on her muscles.

 

‘I can’t do this, what am i even doing here..?’ Lisa thought mentally, her gaze flickers toward her balled fist that already made it way back to her side.

 

She wants to go home, maybe cuddling with the worn out pillow belonged to her late dog that her mother washed for her to cuddle with every time the thought of their little mischievous old dog floated around her mind. Lisa wants to take a nice and long hot bath, with her newly bought pink bathbomb that she purchased half price from the store near her school. A cup of hot chocolate sounds promising to complete her perfect bath time. After that she could have her dinner with the spicy chicken curry her mother prepared for her, the delicious dinner accompanied by some cheap dramas that she could find airing before actually closing her day and hide under the comfort of her blanket on her bed.

 

But after all the promising thoughts, her body keep still in front of the mocking brown door. Blame on her guts, she used to be the bold one. What’s so hard about knocking on a damn door? She could just burst inside if she wants to.

 

After another round of tapping her foot in an unrhythmical pattern against the hard floor, Lisa finally decided to just give it up and turns on her heels to head for the stairs that will get her out from the suffocating air surrounding her.

 

Screw the long speech she prepared for Rosé, her home is waiting for her.

 

“L-Lisa ?”

 

Shock is evident on both of their faces as their steps halted at almost the same time.

 

Surprise, surprised.

 

“What are you doing here?” Rosé asked in all her confusion and nervousness as she finishes the last step of the stairs that makes her standing on the same ground as the blonde haired girl, their slight height different showed along.

 

Lisa could only returned the stares that Rosé directed to her as still keep shut from the shock. The blonde cursed herself silently, the person she wants to talk to is standing right in front of her yet is unable to form even a simple sentence. Why is it just every time she’s face to face with Rosé her heartbeat goes drumming so hard inside? And it’s not even from anger anymore, the feeling lately is rather fluttering. Maybe that’s why she’s so upset when Rosé just left without a word, Lisa never expect a ‘thank you' from her, she just wanted to make sure that the taller girl’s okay and feeling better.

 

When Lisa is still with her silence, the ginger haired girl opened to try lessening the tension around them. Not like her heart stopping for a couple of seconds earlier when the sight of the blonde not enough to kill her.

 

“Look, Lisa i’m sorry because-“

 

“we need to talk..”

 

Her tone wasn’t threatening, but Rosé wish that she could just die earlier.

 

---

 

When Jennie was younger, she went through all the worst that even an adult couldn’t handle sometimes. When Jisoo was younger, she hoped that she could escaped her parent’s castle that shielded her from all the problems that the outside world could offer.

 

They met when the both of them reached their own max points to found out that each other presences helped them to went through their day

 

Jisoo was glad that she met Jennie. Jennie thought her life depended on Jisoo.

 

That’s probably why Jennie's heart broke apart when Jisoo left her. And also the reason why it stiched it’s pieces back together when finally Jisoo comes back to her. Jennie’s heart finally comes back to home.

 

---

 

Jennie stares directed toward the small screen of her tv that Lisa likes to called as ‘vintage' since it’s the old box shaped tv that belonged to her aunt. It may be outdated, but every part of it still working normally even tho sometimes Jennie had to hit it sides to get the colour back on screen. A comedy show that she likes is playing on the screen and the brunette is having a good laugh from her favorite couch. But even tho the show was giving her a good entertainment, Jennie’s attention quickly focused on Jisoo as soon as the older girl sat down on the mattress a few steps away from the couch. Her hair is noticeably wet from shower and her face somehow glowing. It made Jennie smile.

 

The two of them, mostly Jennie, just stay silent even tho their eyes are focused on each other’s. It keeps going until Jisoo's expression turned dimmer.

 

“aren’t you going to ask for explanations?”

 

Jennie blinked at the sudden question from the latter. Explanation for what exactly? Everything is clear for her, is there yet to come? Or those questions just buried deep inside her heart and it’s not time yet to ask them?

 

“How long has it been?” The tip of her lips curled slightly at how nervous she suddenly becomes.

 

“what exactly?”

 

Jennie pressed her lips together as she tries to search for the right sentence. How do she say it?

 

“Your pregnancy? I don’t know the right term to ask it..”

 

Jisoo somehow looks relieved at the brunette's answer. Her heart is not ready yet to open up about the scars inside.

 

“It's my fourth week, i think?”

 

It’s been 2 weeks since the two straight lines showing on the pregnancy test glared at her and she’s already feeling different 2 weeks before the test, so maybe the baby has been there inside her for 4 weeks.

 

“You haven’t go to the doctor for a checkup?” Jennie asked carefully as she doesn’t want to make Jisoo feels accused. The concerned smile stays on her face when the raven haired girl shook her head.

 

“Do you know a doctor we could go to? Or a number perhaps so i could make a reservation first? I’ll ask my boss for a day off so i could go with you..” Her habit of rubbing her nape when she’s nervous is showing again, “That if you don’t mind of course..”

 

Jennie already prepared herself for another rejection. She’s used to it but why it still making her as nervous as this?

 

“Don’t be ridiculous Jennie, a single checkup session will cost a lot. I don’t have money..” Jisoo said softly, her serious eyes staring back into Jennie’s dark brown orbs to show her that this wasn’t a child play that the younger girl got her nose into.

 

Jennie is no kid. She doesn’t play. And Jisoo is aware of that. Jennie never change anyway and Jisoo knows her better than she even know her own self.

 

“I’ll ask Lisa then. Hope you are fine with veggies for dinner?”

 

Jisoo let a soft sigh slipped out from her lips. What is happening now? Why is Jennie being like this? Suddenly giving all of hers to her?

 

“Jennie i appreciate everything that you have done for me, without you i wouldn’t know where to sleep without worrying about everything else. So please don’t make me feel even more sorry for troubling you with this..”

 

Jennie doesn’t answer, instead she goes up then walk toward the little drawer on her left to get the black metal box on top of it. There’s a fading ‘college' written by marker on its lid and Jennie hope that Jisoo will not notice it.

 

“Here i have my saving to rent a decent apartment, but i think i won’t need this anymore since you are fine here?” Jennie has her sheepish grin decorating the determined mask she put on her face, a sign that she’s not going to back off anytime soon. Not now, not again.

 

Jennie positioned herself beside the slightly older girl, putting the already opened box on Jisoo’s lap before the latter even have time to argue back.

 

“Maybe this will be enough for a few checkups? I’ll try to search for another part-time job so we could afford other things. Don’t worry..” Jennie said, her hands starting to take out the bundles of cash out from the box before handing them to the stunned Jisoo.

 

It’s not Jisoo’s first time to hold this much money, in fact she had seen and held more. But why did these bundles feel so heavy on her hand?

 

‘We could afford other things-‘

 

Did saying ‘we’ make Jennie feels burdened? She must be. Jennie does not supposed to say ‘we’, it supposed to be ‘i’ and Jisoo should never have entered like that.

 

Jisoo tried to search for another reasoning to reject her, to reject the money that she needs most for now. But in the end, even her brain surrender to how life’s is.

 

“I’ll pay you back, Jennie.. I swear when i get a job, i will pay-“

 

Jennie squeezed Jisoo's arm gently to hold her sentence. She doesn’t want to hear that from Jisoo, ‘a queen is not allowed to get her hands dirty’, and Jennie is such a beliver to that.

 

“Pay me back with your attention. Nobody beside Lisa and Mrs. Kim has given me enough attention all this time and it was making me so lonely..” Jennie never meant it as a sarcasm, but Jisoo’s heart somehow felt a slight jab from the younger’s words, “I never meant to sounds so desperate but i would love to have your full attention from now on, Jisoo- ah..”

 

The word hits her right at her heart, Jisoo duck down her head until the tip of her chin pressed slightly to her chest as tears of regret start to pours down from the eyes that Jennie treasures the most.

 

“I’m sorry, Jennie-ah.. I am so sorry,” Doesn’t takes her seconds to feels the younger’s pair of warm arms to be wrapped around her shaking body, giving off the sense of security and love as she slowly grips on Jennie's shirt, “God, i swear i'm so sorry Jen.. I-“

 

Jisoo’s aching heart beats uncontrollably, moreover when Jennie carefully cupped her palms on the latter’s cheeks like they are the most delicate things in the world, before whispering the words Jisoo doesn’t know that she need to hear the most.

 

“Don’t be, because you should never be sorry of my love..”

 

And Jisoo never thought that her pale face, in the midst of her intense sobbing, could grew back the color red until the view of Jennie smiling with her head slightly tilted is displayed in front of her.

 

There goes the butterflies playing around her stomach.

 

---

 

“Do you know Sir Puss in Boots?”

 

“Sir Puss in Boots? Who is he? Some country’s national hero?”

 

Jisoo couldn’t help but to giggled at the latter’s innocent question. It wasn’t Jennie’s fault that she never watches anything Disney until she met Jisoo. She’s still on the beginner level compared to Jisoo’s knowledge about her favorite dream movie producer.

 

“He is indeed one of the hero in ‘Shrek’, and i think he looks similar with someone i know..”

 

“Who?” Jennie asked out of curiosity, her slightly tilted head made Jisoo squealed a little.

 

“try blinking while knitting your brows together. And put your balled hands under your chin like this..” Jisoo said excitedly while she acted out her hands for Jennie to follow.

 

“Uh? Like this?” She tried with all her might to followed Jisoo’s instruction, even with an added little pout.

 

Jisoo knew that Jennie didn’t need a fancy film effects for how her eyes were glowing so effortlessly. Sir Puss in Boots 0-1 Jennie.

 

The butterflies were dancing around Jisoo’s tummy again.

 

---

 

Some people seems to enjoy the night breeze. It’s either calming for them or it just because they simply liked it. Lisa enjoys walking around the park at night, beside the night breeze freshen her up, she could see a lot of interesting things happened around her if she’s focused enough. But this time, sitting on her favorite bench in her frequent park never been so confusing like this. In one side, the clear sky above display her favorite stars show, on the other side, Rosé is sitting beside her silently with her droopy eyes staring up as if she’s trying to diverts her focus by counting the blinking stars.

 

They has been sitting for longer than 10 minutes without any word spoken between them. Instead Lisa chose to just observed the pale girl sitting beside her. From how she looks right now, Lisa could assume that Rosé is getting better. Even tho her face is still as pale as the moon, the tint of life has returned to the girl’s eyes. And Lisa is glad to see the lovely sprakles reflecting from the latter’s eyes every time they made an eye contact.

 

“There’s this diner down that street, my friend said that they serves a pretty edible pizza..” It’s Rosé who broke the silence between them, and she did so after the sound of Lisa’s grumbling stomach passed by her ears. “Do you want to check it out with me? We could judge the pizza together..”

 

Lisa ducks her head down when her stomach grumbled, it surely is her fault that she came to Rosé’s apartment as soon as she log off from her shift without getting herself some food first. Now she has to deal with her raging heart plush her traitor of a stomach, it is not helping either that she is still a little upset with the ginger haired girl being the main reason why she went to met her. But then, when her stomach grumbles for the second time and Lisa had enough of embarrasing herself, she finally turns to face Rosé who’s already staring right at her with the most gentle smile that Lisa has seen for the day.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s my treat..”

 

“Who says i’m going if you treat me? There’s no way i am going to go eat with you-“ By the third time Lisa’s stomach grumbled and cut off her own sentence, Rosé does not hesitates to slips her cold hand to Lisa’s trembling one before she tugs at it lightly.

 

“I don’t want you to get an upset stomach if you don’t eat now, do you want me to carry you there?”

 

Rosé may not meant it as a tease but surely she succedeed on burning Lisa’s cheeks. The latter stands up in reflect, pulling the girl along to get on her feet and starts to makes her way toward the said road while mumbling some unpleasant words toward Rosé that gets a rows of giggles from the ginger haired girl instead. Lisa does not realize that she still has her hand entangled with Rosé’s and Rosé doesn’t seems to mind it either.

 

“How long would it takes to go there?”

 

“About fifteen minutes by walk? Is it okay with you?”

 

“What, will you carry me if i said no?” A judging tone paired with her raised brows, she’s sure Rosé is insane enough to say that she is willing to carry her all the way there, but strangely she prefer to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter