7..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Excuse this one..

 

 

---

 

 

Lisa had her gaze fixed on the chocolate that was securely placed on the deepest corner of her freezer. A small smile was there to decorated her face as she continue to stuffed half of her head inside the small box.

 

“Can we eat the chocolate now?”

 

Lisa turned her head around to look at her mom who already standing beside her with one of her brow raised. Lisa copied her mom’s gesture, giving a view of a mirror for her mom but it just her reflection is twenty-five years younger than her.

 

“Or maybe we should let it stay there because i don’t have any intention to eat it, mâe..” Lisa said as she close the freezer’s door slowly, still eyeing the red packaging until it come off from her view. She turns fully to her side before the blonde leaned to the tall fridge.

 

“You will keep it until it reach the expired date? Usually, KitKat won’t even last for half an hour in this house..” The older woman speak in a teasing tone. She had been wondering for at least two weeks since her daughter first brought the chocolate home without actually eating it. So, the woman drew into the conclusion that there is something special about this chocolate, or maybe the giver of the chocolate.

 

“The package said that it will be fine for at least 10 more months..” Lisa snorted out before she walk passed her giggling mother, red already covering the tip of her ears.

 

She makes her way to take a sip from the glass of cold water that she poured for herself earlier.

 

Lisa could feel her heart dancing just by the thought of the ginger haired girl. It happened quite often now. Lisa herself doesn’t want to admit that she had been thinking of Rosé lately since their last time seeing each other last week. She just felt really weird to not be greeted by that annoying smile for almost a week.

 

“So, who is it, young lady? You never told me that you have a boyfriend..” Once again, her mother said in teasing tone resulting on Lisa to choked on the water she currently drinking. The older woman let out a soft laugh as she helped her dying daughter by patting on her back. Lisa spent around two minutes of struggling to get the air back onto her lung before she threw the not-so-friendly-look on her mother.

 

“What was that for mâe? I don’t have a boyfriend, for your information. Maybe you’ll be the first one i updated if i ever have one but the reality said that i don’t..!” The blonde said while frowning, she puts the glass back on the counter before she sulkingly drag her body toward the living room where she usually spent her day off at.

Lisa is currently on her exam break that allowed her to have more time to spend at home and also working. But her holiday just seem off because she have to think about a certain oranged haired girl for the past few days.

 

Rosé is nowhere to be found lately. Lisa found it strange because the face of the australian girl was always there to greeted Lisa either on Kim’s café or in front of her university’s gate after the chocolate-giving moment at the café.

 

The orange haired girl would walked her home when she’s having her extra classes, the whole week with her companion was enough to made Lisa’s heart admitting the high excitement whenever Rosé was around her.

 

But then, the girl just have to disappeared for a week already without any notice. Even tho Lisa already tried her best not to feel pissed and worried, she actually does. It also impacting her mood very badly.

 

The thought of Rosé flooding on every spot of her brain, making her both confused and angry.

 

What’s wrong with me? This is not right..

 

 She asked to her self often, but really she can’t find the right answer that would make her heart stop whatever thing going on inside it.

 

“Well Lalisa, i know you more than you even know your ownself. You call me mâe for a reason, that’s why don’t blame me if i ask you this kind of question when you let a KitKat stay without even be damaged by a single bite for two long weeks inside the freezer..” Hey mother’s brow already raised again when the old woman takes a sit beside her frowning daughter.

 

Lisa is having an inner battle with her own self. Should she tell her mom about Rosé? But what so special about that girl till she have to talk with her mom about her tho?

 

Well, that girl is kinda running around her mind lately. Maybe it is a good thing to let someone know about her concern before she actually going off of her head about all this Australian girl problem.

 

“That KitKat was actually-” She heaved a soft sigh first while moving to rest her body on her mother’s comfortable embrace before she continues her hanging sentence, “Actually given by a girl..”

 

There’s a moment of silence filling the air around them. Her mom continue to stares at her while Lisa is hiding half of her face on her mother’s shoulder as the red continue to spreads on her face.

 

“Oh? You don’t treat Kitkat from Jennie this way..”

 

Another round of sigh leave the blonde’s plump lips.

 

Of course her mom would think it was from Jennie, Jennie is the only friend she ever introduced to her mother and actually close to the both of them. But no, it’s not Jennie and this talk actually making Lisa’s heart thumping like crazy.

 

“Mâe, it’s not Jennie. It’s actually another girl that i met through Jennie unnie..” She mumbled against her mother’s neck, trying to muffled the embarrasment through that.

 

Lisa feels even more uncomfortable with the silent that surrounding the both of them, she doesn’t like it when silent came when she’s around her mother. She raised her head to find any sign of discomfort on her mother’s expression.

 

But boy, there’s none..

 

“So, you are saying that all this time you have a girlfriend and you didn’t even tell me about her?” Her mother said rather disappointed because of the news she just got from her one and only daughter, “If you don’t want her to taste my dinner that much then why don’t you bring her home for our pizza night on Friday?”

 

Lisa couldn’t believe her own ears. She stares at her mom with her big doe eyes, hanged open that formed a big perfect O.

 

Her mother blinked for a couple of time as she stare back at her dearest daughter.

 

“She is not my girlfriend mâe..” The frown is making its way back on her face when she finally get that her mother isn’t actually mad at her, “Not even someone who i want to consider as a friend..”

 

“But young lady, your i don’t even consider her as a friend doesn’t sound so right for me. The KitKat proves it wasn’t anything like that..”

 

“Mâe, for my sakes please don’t judge anything by a freaking piece of chocolate..”

 

Lisa pulled away from the embrace before she rest her back on the couch, her gaze directed toward some random news showed on the TV’s screen.

 

“She’s really annoying. I hate her, mâe! Even her back view makes my blood boiled and i feel like munching on some stinky tofu which i’ll never do because that thing is just so disgusting!” Lisa complained to her mother, her eyes are on fire, “And she’s so dumb, mâe. Really dumb and annoying, also a ert! Also she’s the most dense and stiff and just plain stupid person i’ve ever met. She promised me that she would walk me home everytime i had my extra classes but she just being a MIA this past week! I know that i’m on my break but that’s not the reason for her to stop appearing on the café with that dumb smile that annoyed me and sent chill down to my spine, don’t you think mâe?”

 

Mrs. Manoban stare at her daughter in wonder. Lisa never act this way around her before, Lisa never talk about someone in this way before. Her daughter always tried to think positively first before she going to dish a person. Mrs. Manoban know that Lisa can be pretty rude sometimes, but she knows her place and when to talk so it won’t create a big problem.

 

But this time, her Lisa just seems so different. She has mixed emotion ghosting on her eyes. Most of them, that Mrs. Manoban rarely see but recognized the most, is worry. Her daughter is worrying over whoever this new girl. This is something that’s definitely new for the old woman.

 

“Do you like her, dear?” Mrs. Manoban asked the blonde carefuly, not wanting her daughter to choked on her own saliva or anything like that, but anyway the blonde still seems surprised with the question.

 

“W-what?! No! I told you that i hate her, mâe. What make you think like that?” Lisa’s voice is shaky when she answered her mother. Her face never stop showing the bright red color that just seemed to be even more obvious.

 

“I got the idea, dear. But you can’t fool me, even other people maybe. It’s showed in your eyes when you talk about her..” Mrs. Manoban said as her hand reaches to caress her daughter’s hair.

 

Lisa just continue to stares at the Television blankly. Is that right? Does she likes Rosé? Does it really showed in her eyes? No, this can’t be like this! She can’t like the ginger haired girl, at least not in that way!

 

 

“What was showing..?” She decided to asked after a minute of silent.

“Sparkles, my dear. Your eyes were sparkling when you talked about her earlier..”

 

 

---

 

 

I walk down the street slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter