10..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The author note is the most important part of this update so please check it down below later fams, and also it is highly recommended for you guys to re-read the previous chap or if you are willing the whole story first before proceeding..

 

 

---

 

 

“Are you sure auntie won’t mind if i take it?” Jennie breaths out on the cold winter night as she walk side by side with Lisa. Her double shifts for the day has ended and she never wished to go home this fast before.

 

But home could wait for an hour or so since she has something important to do.

 

She’s going to the younger house to take the old mattress that Lisa’s mom planned to throw away. Lisa had told Jennie about the mattress before but she always refused to take it because she didn’t want to appear that desperate in front of the nice old lady.

 

But she should not care about that now since Jisoo totally needs something more decent to sleep on rather than her worn out couch. Jennie decided to reward the blonde with her favorite chocolate wafer later for keeping the mattress on hold for her.

 

“Psst. Mâe wouldn’t even mind if you move in with us unnie, why would she over an old mattress then?” Lisa answered as she rolls her eyes. This is why Jennie’s on her ‘never bring to any parties or clubs’ list, she worry too much and it such a turn off for some people. And Lisa doesn’t even go to parties or clubs.

 

“Well, just to be sure. Auntie’s home right?”

 

Lisa hummed to the question, her mind somehow flew toward a certain ginger haired girl for some odd reason that she doesn’t even want to think about.

 

‘That jerk.. How dare she just left like that..’

 

“Huh?” Jennie raises her brow at the soft mumble that came out of nowhere from the blonde.

 

“N-No... Nothing..” Lisa bites her lower lips while silently cursing her stupidity and just how she can’t keep her thought inaudible. “And no, she went to visit my grandma, her flight left this morning..”

 

“Oh, she went to Thailand? ”

 

Lisa hums again to answer the older girl. Her mind is still occupied by a certain someone and she can’t help but to fall silent in thought.

 

She was freaked out when Rosé collapsed that night, and she felt like she was going to suffer a mini heart attack when her hand touched the skin that she swore weren’t that burning few minutes before.

 

 Lisa didn’t know which god lend her the power to half-carrying-half dragging  Rosé inside her house but she promised to visit every temples later to thanked every gods available because of that.

 

 

---

 

 

The sweat that was covering her forehead did not bother Lisa, not even the scattered groceries was on her concern as she carefully dragged Rosé toward the couch on her living room then arranged the couch pillow to made a makeshift bed before she lifted the burning girl to laid there. She made sure that Rosé’s head weren’t lifted too much so she wouldn’t get stiff neck later when she got conscious before she ran off toward her room to grab her first aid kit.

 

Lisa didn’t know why her hands trembled when she tried to pick out the digital thermometer from its cover, she’s sure it wasn’t because the painful expression on the latter’s face.

 

After she switched it on and placed the tip up to the middle point at the back of Rosé’s tongue then made sure that her lips wrapped strong enough to held the thermometer, Lisa walked in fast motion to the kitchen to fixed Rosé a small bucket of ice-cold water and a small towel to compress the fever down.

 

“Lisa what happened here? Why the groceries laying on the ground?”

 

“Mâe! I’m sorry but could you bring them inside? I have someone to take care of at the moment..” Lisa half shouted when she finished cursing herself for abandoning the groceries, the things that she did for the unconscious girl was really over the limit already.

 

Mrs. Manoban walked in with the bags on her hands and nearly drop the whole things again when she saw her daughter nursing someone, a girl she did not know, on the couch.

 

“What happened to the poor girl?!”

 

Lisa could only sighed as she placed the towel on the girl’s forehead, not like she’s the reason why Rosé fainted, or was she?

 

“Rosé fainted, she has a high fever and i’m going to check her after the fever went down a little. This stubborn girl doesn’t want to go to the doctor so i brought her home instead to do a quick checkup but she fainted for no reason just when we about to enter the house earlier..” She explained while checking the girl’s temperature, Rosé was still burning despite the cold towel on her forehead and that made Lisa frowned.

 

Mrs. Manoban knew that exact moment who the girl was, she never expected to meet chocolate girl this way. The oldest in the room walked near her daughter then rubbed her back to calm the blonde down because she was obviously shaking.

 

The blonde tried to calmed her heart that was beating hard for a completely different reason when she took the thermometer out off Rosé’s mouth to check on her fever.

 

And for some reason she  just couldn’t bring herself to look at the numbers.

 

“Mâe could you check her temperature? I need to grab some meds..”

 

Lisa dashed toward her room after she handed the thermometer to her mother’s hand. She questioned her capability of being a doctor along the way because she couldn’t even do the easiest job.

 

The heart that she managed to calmed down a little bit raced up again when she heard her mom shouted in panic.

 

“Lisa call 119 right now! She’s on 39.4!”(A/n: The temperature is in Celcius, it would be around 103 F if i’m not mistaken. And 119 is like 911 in South Korea) Mrs. Manoban cried out, ready to grab her phone and call an ambulance but Lisa beated her to it, putting her mother’s phone away from her before she sat on the small space beside the other girl.

 

“No mâe, she doesn’t want to go there,” The blonde heaved out a sigh, her beating heart seemed to stop when she saw the numbers showing on the device, “she doesn’t show any reaction of flu right now so it’s just the fever i need to take down. I have all the things she might need with me now anyway..”

 

Without even realizing what she did, Lisa palmed the burning cheeks and gently caressed them in hope to tuned down the unconscious’s girl shivering body. Something useless to do but Rosé’s body did calm down a bit.

 

“Stupid moron, you shouldn’t have be so stupid and just went to the doctor earlier. You are lucky that i’m here right now..” She mumbled softly, the tint of worry in her voice was not planned to be there. Lisa took the now hot towel then dipped it again on the cold water before she wiped Rosé’s face and neck with it.

 

The mumble was barely audible but even Mrs. Manoban  that was still on her alarmed mode was able to catched the worried tone in the small whisper. Never have she seen Lisa being that concerned about something, or someone beside when she’s with their late dog. The laid back attitude that Lisa carried never failed her until this very moment and Mrs. Manoban didn’t hesitated to labeled this Rosé girl as her daughter’s special someone.

 

“Mâe will make some soup and hot tea just in case she’s awake soon..”

 

 And Mrs. Manoban became even more sure because Lisa didn’t even voice out an alphabet to answer her when her whole focus was pinned to the other girl.

 

 

 

“Aren’t you going to work, sweetheart?”

 

It was almost 9 AM but never once Lisa left the ginger haired girl’s side except when she took something for Rosé or went to the bathroom. She wasn’t even going to eat if Mrs. Manoban didn’t threatened her.

 

The older could only sigh when Lisa shrugged her shoulder after she took off  the earpieces of the stethoscope that was circled on her neck.

 

“Mâe, her heart was beating too fast an hour earlier but now it barely beating and that wasn’t a good sign. Maybe she caught the new virus that is spreading recently, but she doesn’t show any sympthoms of it..” Lisa cooled down the towel again before she placed it on the other girl’s forehead, it was her fourth round of  water bucket. “Thanks God her fever slowly went down but i’m afraid if it go up again, she could reach 40 C at most..”

 

Mrs. Manoban held her daughter’s shoulder before she gave them a gentle shrug. As much as it warmed her heart seeing her daughter became this soft, the older woman still didn’t want her to just absent from work especially when it’s the café’s busy day.

 

“Go prepare yourself sweetheart, mâe will look after this young lady..”

 

“Her name is Rosé..” Lisa mumbled softly as she finally stood up from the spot she sat on almost the entire time, one can judge how long she had been sitting there by how hot the spot was.

 Her gaze was still unsure whether to leave the ginger haired girl or just call Mrs. Kim and excuse herself , her heart wanted to pick the latter but her brain still appeared a little bit sane. “I’ll take a bath then..”

 

Lisa proceed to leave for the bathroom when her mother asked her the most ridiculous question that she heard so far in her entire life.

 

“Have this nice chocolate lady and you make it official?”

 

Never in her life Lisa denied something that fast before she stromed her way toward the bathroom while mumbling bad words that she made sure only herself could hear. She took a cold bath that eased away all the burden and thoughts about the sick girl.

 

Lisa went to work still distracted, even the costumers noticed how off the usually cheery girl that day, Jennie offered to cover up her shift so she could go home earlier but Lisa just shook away her worries and tried to focus on her work. The brunette was tempted to ask for the reason behind Lisa’s unusual self but the bunch of people asking for either iced americano or bubble tea or any other available thing on the menu just didn’t allowed her to.

 

The blonde rushed in The Flash’s speed out of the bus when it arrived on the bus stop a couple of blocks away from her home, her heart kept hoping to see a conscious g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter