1..

Burning feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You still here?”

 

Kim Jisoo turn her head slightly to the side to find the source of the voice, it’s Jennie, Jennie Kim.Not even a single glance was given by Jisoo after that, she wasn’t a fan of someone who’s life is messy like Jennie.It’s cruel she know, she just can’t help it.

 

Jisoo take out her phone to drift away her attention from the uncomfortable aura that the slightly taller girl beside her give, leaving Jennie's question to be unanswered.

 

“Do you want to walk home with me?” Once again Jennie try to ask, hoping that she will at least get a small whisper of a no from Jisoo.but as expected, nothing leave Jisoo's mouth.A pool of sadness crawling into the brunette’s heart, she never ask to be an orphan, Jennie never ask for her mom and dad to abandoned her when she was 10.Everything went even worst after her aunt that always looked after her died in a car accident 4 years ago, she was completely alone after that.She got dropped out from high school because she can’t pay her school’s fee, nothing free in this world, even a small change for a bright future have to be paid.She’s lucky enough to have a place to live at, even tho there’s nothing comfortable she can find there.She doesn’t understand why her life story give a big impact to her, big bad impact.

 

Jennie raise her head up to look at the girl beside her again.Thin top, short skirt, for this cold weather.Jennie zipped down her jacket before she take it off her body then held out the jacket to Jisoo, not thinking about her own self that only wrapped in a plain shirt by now.

 

“It’s cold..” She tried to convince Jisoo, offering her one and only source of warm to the girl who doesn’t even care about her present.

 

As expected, she got no reply from Jisoo.The jacket still hanging on the air when Jisoo run to a car where she spot her boyfriend standing beside it, leaving Jennie unaccompanied once again.

 

 

---

 

 

“Who was that?”

 

“Who?” Jisoo manage to answer despite her not so comfortable position where smoke from the cigarette her boyfriend currently smoke on surrounding the whole room.Jisoo shift her attention toward her boyfriend's face, they both were laying on the bed, just with blanket covering their bodies.

 

“The girl that stand beside you when I picked you up earlier..”

 

It’s Jennie, who else?

 

“I actually don’t know..” The lie slipped out from Jisoo's lips.She was hoping for the topic of Jennie to be changed.It’s not comfortable at all to talk about her.

 

“Really? She’s not a friend of yours? No wonder I never see her before..”

 

Jisoo just answer with a nod as she wrap her arm around her boyfriend’s broad chest, resting her chin on the shoulder.

 

“Seungyeon will hold a party tomorrow..”

 

She doesn’t even have the chance to answer when Mino,her boyfriend, hovering on top of her, claiming for more dirty things from her.

 

 

---

 

 

It’s Saturday morning now, Jennie throw her glance around the small space she called home as her brain working to proceed her thing-to-do today.She have to go to the café, she’s lucky enough to have Mrs. Kim, the owner of Kim café that located near her old high school, to hired her and give her the job.On the weekday morning, she will ride a bike that her boss lend her around the city while delivering newspaper around, then from the afternoon to evening she’ll be busy Working on the café.Its slightly different for weekend because she doesn’t have to delivering the newspaper that’s why she’s able to go to the café earlier.

 

She slowly picking up the power left in her body before getting up from the couch that she also use as her bed, its a waste for her to think about buying a proper bed when she can’t even get her self a proper meal to eat other than instant noodle.She want to throw up sometimes, Jennie is sick of the instant noodle, maybe Mrs. Kim will let her have some leftover food at the café today.The thought of it make her get dressed up quickly, ready to go in five minutes of preparing.

 

“I’m off to work..” Jennie said aloud, directing the words to a certain frame with a picture of two young girls, standing next to each other with a big smile on their faces, “Jisoo-ah..”

 

 

---

 

 

“Good morning, unnie!”

 

“Morning, Lisa..”

 

Lisa is one of her coworker in the café, the girl is a year younger than Jennie.She is a freshman on the university that Jisoo attended, that’s why Jennie always have an excuse to walk in the big university anytime she wish to.It’s hard to get in there, the person should be smart or their parent own a million dollar company.For Lisa, she is thankful of her smart brain, without that she can’t get the scholarship to enter the well-known university. Even tho she still have to pay for a few thing on her study, that’s why she ended up working with Jennie at the Kim’s café.

 

“How’s your talk with that girl yesterday?” Yeah, Lisa know about Jisoo, she wasn’t supposed to actually if only the blonde doesn’t bother Jennie with questions about the black haired girl.But it’s kinda a relief for Jennie to have someone she can share her thought with, she believe Lisa with all of her heart, that’s what make the younger considered as a close friend by the brunette. Her one and only close friend.

 

Jennie just continue to walk, doesn’t really have the will to answer the question that even Lisa can predict the answer.

 

“Not going well again, huh? I told you already unnie, she never worth your time and sacrifice! That only care about fame and that -head boyfriend of her..If only-“

 

“Lisa-ah..” Jennie said followed with a sigh, she know that Lisa doesn’t really like the black haired girl, and if she doesn’t knows Jisoo enough, she probably will hate her too.But Jisoo wasn’t that kind of person, her Jisoo is different.

 

Lisa just stares at her, how she wish she can knock some sense out from Jennie's head.This Jisoo girl is totally a , going around the university like she was the owner of it, a total attention seeker! Lisa want to rip that fake smile off from her face sometimes, if only Jennie doesn’t put Any interest on that girl.

 

They continue the walk to Kim café in silent.Both of them are drowned in their own thoughts.

 

“I wish I can be like you..” Jennie whisper under her breath, breaking the silent atmosphere between them.

 

“Sorry? Be like me?” Lisa moves closer to the older girl, wanting to hear Jennie's words more clearly.

 

“yes..”

 

“But why, unnie?”

 

“You have a thing that I’m dying to have..” Jennie give a pause as a soft sigh escape her lips for the nth time, “You got a lot of friends, people who will care for you..You do it well, making friend..”

 

It's always hard for Jennie to make friends. She was always alone even from her school days.She’s really thankful that Jisoo came to sit beside her that day, both of them were a middle schoolers. Jennie was having her lunch alone under the tree near the soccer ball field.She never expected Jisoo to sat beside her then, starting a conversation that lead them into an unbreakable friendship. Not until one day, on their first year on high school, Jisoo started to ignored her as she got her new group of friends.Jennie was always alone again after that.

 

Everything changed, everything but Jennie’s faithful wish: Jisoo will realize one day, that Jennie is still here, waiting as she promised, trying as she promised, and keeping the love as she promised.

 

“Unnie..There’s a lot of people who care for you..” Lisa said aloud, this is the part of Jennie that Lisa doesn’t like, her lack of self confidence.Maybe she never been in Jennie's situation before, but she’s sure know that a lot of people care about the older like she does.

 

Jennie bites her lower lip softly, having an inner conflict whether she should believe what the blonde girl just said or not.She know that there are a lot of people (Probably just Lisa and her mom, Mrs. Kim, and Mrs. Park, the old lady that always give her some fruit that she got from her hometown) but that doesn’t make her feel secure enough. How can she be when her own parents and best friend doesn’t even want her?

 

“Unnie? Do you get my point-“

 

“we’re here..” Jennie said quickly, she doesn’t want to hear anymore word that related to this topic that she herself started.She take out the bunch of keys from her pocket, spending a few seconds to get the right key, before she open the café’s door and then walk in inside, ignoring the look and pout from Lisa.

 

“Typical of you, starting the topic but never want to finish it..”

 

Jennie give a small smile on that, making the younger grin rather widely because she was able to make Jennie showed her first smile of the day.

 

 

---

 

 

“Jennie dear..Are you sure you can close the café alone? If not, I can just call my nephew to help you..” Mrs. Kim stares at Jennie, still unsure about leaving the girl alone to clean up and close the café. Usually, they always do it together.But a lot of things happened today, like Lisa suddenly got a phone call from her mom saying tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter