Falling in Autumn

When They Fell

Part 3/3 

           Mark blankly stared at the brown envelope on his table. The reply to his letter to the University of California he sent a year ago had finally arrived. Mark had sent the application, based on an advise given by his elder sister Tammy, who was married in Los Angeles. So he had just applied, just to see if he gets a positive reaction. He did. They wanted him.

            Mark thought that if there was an angel of time, he must absolutely hate Mark's gut. Things had started to happen at wrong times in his life lately. Mark would have been delighted to receive the letter a few months back, when he wanted a change, when he wanted to spend more time with his twin neices, when the cold in Korea was too much for him. But now, there was a certain Jackson Wang in his life who made the idea of moving to the States impossible to imagine. You can call Mark selfish, but somehow, Jackson had ended being first in the list of people Mark loved- above his family, above himself. Yes Mark was facing a hard time at school. His best friend would not sit with him but that ugly brat with invisible eyes and obnoxious laugh(this is totally Mark's impression of Jaebum though, not mine), he had to face the judgemental looks of the students and eat alone either in the library or the rooftop. It was times like this when he really missed his Wang puppy. He wished Jackson went to the same school as him, so he could have him by his side. But he would do anything to be with Jackson. Though things were tough for Mark, for the sake of his love, he'd bear it. 

         Mark decided to go talk to Jackson to clear his mind, his kryptonite and his strength. So he walked towards Jackson's home. As he was about to push Jackson's gate, it was suddenly pulled from inside. It startled Mark. A lean boy, too tall for his baby face, with pouty lips came out. His eyes were red and puffy, definitely due to crying Mark thought, and his colourful hair did nothing to hide them. When he saw Mark, he halted and checked out Mark from top to bottom. 

"Oh. So you're the one." He said tersely. 

"Bambam?" Mark nervously inquired. 

"Yes. I'm Bambam. Whose boyfriend you stole? I don't know what's so special about you that stupid Wang is willing to throw away everything for you. You might have him but you know what? I'm not the kind to just stay quiet. I'll make it hell for both of you." Bambam said, hatred dripping from his every word. 

"You... can't do that." Mark muttered.

"You see, don't blame me if Jackson never makes it to any inter-school competitions. His coach may or may not be my uncle, the reason I transferred here." Bambam replied with a dangerous smile. Mark's eyes went wide and he spluttered, "You wouldn't do that to your boyfriend l, would you?" 

Bambam then grinned, "You bet Mark. I'm just a kid who doesn't like his toys being stolen." With that said, Bambam pushed Mark by his shoulders, kind of hurting him and stomped away.

Mark stood there, holding his abused shoulder, looking at Bambam's retreating figure. After a while, Mark went inside. He opened Jackson's door to see him seated on his study table, with his feet resting on the chair. He was staring down at his phone. 

"What's up?" Mark asked as he walked towards Jackson. Jackson looked at Mark with his cutest smile and raised his phone to show Mark his wallpaper. It had a still Mark, on Jackson's back. It was from the time when Mark had demanded Jackson to give him piggyback ride and call him cute. After Jackson had finally caught Mark, he had knelt down to allow Mark mount his, which Mark did, gladly. Mark had decided to capture the moment, stealing Jackson's phone from his pocket, tickling him in the process.

"Nothing. It's just that you are cuter than anyone else and I love you like an idiot." Jackson replied. Mark moved near Jackson and Jackson spread his legs, letting them hang instead of keeping them on the chair, just for Mark to fit in. Mark did what Jackson wanted and fit him in like a puzzle piece, with his back pressed on Jackson's front. Jackson back hugged him with his hands resting on Mark's torso and his head on his shoulder. "You smell nice" Jackson said, sniffing Mark's neck accidentally brushing his lips on Mark's exposed neck. This gave Mark a sudden pleasure and he shut his eyes mumbling 'thanks'. But then he remembered who he met on his way, so he flatly mentioned, "I met Bambam."  

           Jackson froze, for a moment, then he slowly turned Mark to look at him. "We had a pretty long discussion about us and I told him clearly that I have fallen in love with you. He cried and screamed and I did not know what to do. So in order to get him leave, I told him I'll think about us. It is quite unfair in his part to be honest. But what can I do? I really, really love you. I may have given him false hope, but I love you. And I'll never let you go."

           It hurt Mark to see how Jackson was trying to keep his problems to himself just so it wouldn't bother Mark. It hurt Mark to know how much Jackson cared for him. It seemed like Jackson was never going to bring up the fact that Bambam could ruin his career in front of Mark as he did not want Mark to worry. And this broke Mark all the way more. So he locked his hand behind Jackson's head, placed his head on Jackson's shoulder and whispered, "I know Jacks. I know."

            Mark went home with a heavy heart. He loved Jackson so much that he could die for him. But he did not want to ruin Jackson's career. The boy was really good at fencing and he put his whole heart in it. He was not academically bright, but it seemed like he could make it to the top with the sport. He wanted to be a top fencer doing international championships. And Mark thought he never wanted to be the reason for crumbling his love's dream. So Mark did what seemed to him the only way out. 

           He booked a ticket to California for the next day and packed his stuffs after talking to Tammy over phone. The news came as a shock to his family at home when Mark suddenly blurted out "I'm leaving for U.S. tomorrow" while they were having dinner. But he explained to them the whole situation, coming out to them in the process, and surprisingly but wonderfully, they understood. He then sent a quick text to Jackson, "Jackson Wang. I love you and I want you." With that he rushed to Jackson's home, with a need to give Jackson all of him before he leaves.

         It was mid autumn and it was raining like anything. Mark was in a rush and he could not care to carry an umbrella. The rain was so heavy that Mark was completely drenched by the time he reached Jackson's home. He knocked and a very nervous Jackson opened the door. "Mark!!! You're all wet!" Jackson exclaimed then swiftly placed his hands over his mouth thinking about the possible usages of his words. Mark just shrugged and said, "I.. I guess I am." That was it. Jackson dragged Mark towards his room, screaming "Mom Mark will stay over" somewhere along the way. Jackson did not know why Mark was doing this but he was not against it and really he might have had wet dreams about Mark one or two times, or more. Jackson had really wanted to feel Mark underneath his physical covers but their relationship had been so innocent and pure till today that Jackson had decided to consider thinking about Mark's body a taboo. (Not that he had really succeeded.) But then Mark had to blow up his composure with a sudden text and now it was difficult for him to breathe and he was just going crazy over the thought that he was going to lose his ity to Mark. He did not know how it was done among boys and he did not know what Mark preferred and all these thoughts made him nervous. 

        So when he reached his room, with Mark following him,he let go of Mark's hand which was already clamy due to Jackson's sweat, and went to sit on his bed. Mark closed the door, bolted it and faced towards Jackson's bed. He leaned on the door and looked anywhere but at Jackson. 

 

 

Author's Note: Aish. I wish it was easier for Markson. But they have to face problems for a happy ending.. And sorry Bambam lovers for making him the bad guy. But I think he really fits the role. And, I may or may not be overtly jealous of Jackbam. Sorry. 

The was supposed to be a part of this chapter, but then I thought it would be better to write it separately so that the ones who do not like it can avoid it easily...