Falling in Autumn

When They Fell

Part 2/3

         Jackson's eyes widened as he heard Mark loud and clear, the pained groan of the actor descending to the background. Jackson looked sideways and saw Mark chewing the straw of the coke he had in his hand. Jackson pulled the straw away from Mark's mouth and threw it beside him and said, "Mark. Let's talk."

          The two left the movie halfway and Jackson (who had been actually paying attention to the movie unlike Mark who was chewing plastic like a dog due to nervousness) decided that he least bothered about who the hell had killed the lead's girlfriend. And even if he did, he pushed the curiosity far behind his mind as he was finally going to have a serious talk with Mark. 

          "Jackson." Mark gaped. Jackson thought that Mark was now ready to talk, but he kept on repeating his name with ill-timed periodic pause. This kind of got into Jackson's nerves and he let out a whisper scream, "For God's sake Mark. I ing know that my name is Jackson. I did not come with you to get enlightened with this information by you. Will you freaking speak?" 

             This startled Mark and he took a step back to look at Jackson's face with a scared look on his own. Then, out of nowhere, Mark suddenly threw himself at Jackson and hugged him so tight that Jackson might have suffocated. He then started sobbing, hiding his face on Jackson's shoulder, "Jackson. I missed you. I missed you so, so much." Jackson was surprised by Mark's action and he did not know what exactly he should do. In order to comfort the crying mess in his arms, he hugged Mark back with all his love and all his might. His voice started to ring on its own accord, "I missed you too Mark. How could you leave me alone? "

             "I'm sorry my Mandu. But there is Jinyoung and his innocence and his trust." Mark continued sobbing. "It's okay." Jackson said, trying to calm Mark down.  (Though it was not okay at all, no. Jackson would never want Mark to love someone else other than himself.) "No. It's not okay Jacks. That day I was so happy, to find out you feel something for me too. But then Jinyoung came to see me and I realized how big of a douchebag I am, cheating not only on my boyfriend, but you, the person I truly love. So I thought I would rid you of a person like me and just stick to my boyfriend. That way I wouldn't break his trust too. I tried running away from you. But no matter how much love Jinyoung showers on me and no matter how big a physical distance I create between you and myself, my heart seems to always run towards you. How can I run away from you Jackson, when you are the last image my conscious mind creates before sleeping and the first thought that greets me in the morning?" By now, Mark had started to hiccup and his throat had started to dry. Jackson held both his hands, drew them towards his mouth and kissed Mark's knuckles, one after another. 

            Mark kept his head low, finding a keen interest on the way Jackson had tied the lace of his shoes. "Mark." Jackson said in his hoarse voice. Mark then looked up, straight into Jackson's eyes and listened. "I don't know if this is the right time to break it to you but I am in a kind of similar situation." Mark scrunched his face and said, "I don't understand." 

             "Well. Mark, I have someone too. But the thing is, we are in a 'time-off' phase. I was starting to have trouble handling his sass and he was finding it difficult to deal with my indifference towards him. So we decided to take a time off the relationship. However, three days ago, he called me and asked me if I was still in for the relationship because he really missed me." Mark gawked. He had been feeling guilty for hiding the fact that he had a boyfriend, but now that he came to know that Jackson was in the same boat, he felt a mixture of emotions- relief, anger, jealousy. "Who's he?" Mark asked through gritted teeth. "He is a cute little Thai transfer student in my school, a junior in class. I like him. But he is too childish sometimes."

                 "Okay..." Mark slurred the word and slowly moved away from Jackson. Jackson was quick to hold Mark's elbow and bring him close again. Then he softly said as he held Mark by his shoulder, "Mark please. Please don't misunderstand. I love you. Only you." Mark hesitated to look at Jackson. So Jackson started to speak again. "Mark, what I feel towards you is really special. Like I dream forever with you. And you of all people should understand the dread of losing the one you love. I didn't tell you yet because I did not want to lose you."

               Mark finally looked up and smiledas he proceeded to say, "I don't exactly have a say in it, do I? It figures out that we both are same kind of s who are cheating on their partners." "No, no,no." Jackson immediately said. "We are just people who luckily, or unluckily, decided to fall in love at the wrong time. But you keep this in mind Mark, you are the only one who makes me feel stupid and happy at the same time. You are the one I want by my side. You are the one who has my heart and my soul."

             Jackson sounded so honest and true that Mark smiled and moved forward to kiss him. Jackson moved too, to meet Mark's lips halfway. After sharing a passionate kiss in the public place for the first time, where anyone could have seen them, Mark was the first one to detach. He then looked at Jackson sternly and said, "Yah! Jackson Wang! I don't believe the words you said." This disturbed Jackson. He furrowed his eyebrows and was about to complain but Mark beat him. "I'll only believe you if you'll give me a piggyback ride and tell me hundred times that I am cuter than your boyfriend." He playfully smirked, pulled out his tongue to tease Jackson and started running away from him. Jackson smiled at how Mark's mood had changed and followed, running after Mark to give him his ride.

             While they were playfully walking towards home, sometimes hugging, sometimes kissing, two boys in a motorcycle went speed past them shouting faggots. This disturbed their happy moment and Jackson loudly grumbled a series of swear words himself showing his anger towards them. Mark placed his hands over Jackson's mouth and said softly, "Hey. Don't dirty your mouth because of them." Jackson complied, removing his hand from his mouth and held it in his own as they walked home. They walked in silence until they reached Mark's gate. Mark ultimately broke the silence as he asked, "But really Jackson, how will we do this? How will we tell them? I don't want to lose my best friend." "We'll get through it. Let's just go with the flow okay?" Jackson said. "Okay." Mark replied, kissed Jackson on his cheek and ran inside. Jackson stood there until Mark opened his door, waved bye to him and went in. 

              Jackson thought that this was the tsunami in his and Mark's relationship. But he was wrong. The said tsunami came a few days later. 

            Jackson was peacefully working on his project when Mark stormed into his room, tears and snot, and literally threw himself on Jackson. Thanks to Jackson's quick reaction and strong built of a fencer that he caught Mark. Mark cried as he rushed the words, "He knows. Jinyoung knows. And I was not the one to tell him."

             Jackson placed Mark on the chair and he knelt in front of him. He tried to shush him while removing his bangs from his forehead. "Calm down love." Jackson quietly said. Mark took a sharp intake of breath and said, "Jackson, Jinyoung knows about us, about you. He confronted me in front of the whole class. I'm sure it was that boy, Jaebum. He has been eyeing Jinyoungie since the first day he transferred to our school. He had seen us while we went to get a gift for your mom's birthday. Now everyone thinks that I'm a and Jinyoung is not even looking at me. Jackson, this is what I feared. I think I just lost my best friend." 

              Mark couldn't stop crying even whenJackson carried him to his bed and they laid down side by side. He hid his face in the crook of Jackson's neck and wet his clothes with his tears. And Jackson could do nothing but hug Mark with all his heart whispering "it will be okay"s and "I'm here for you"s.

 

 

 

Author's note: God... Problems are starting to rise for Markson. And sorry for doing this to Jinyoung, but the only person he belongs to is JB. (Haha. Bnior is my second fav ship in GOT7)

This was quiet a long chapter. Hope ya all like it.