Falling Tomorrow

When They Fell

        It was almost midnight when Yugyeom found Jackson sitting in front of their door staring at the floor like he wanted to dig holes in it. He helped Jackson up and tried to get him in but Jackson resisted. "I can't. I don't have the right to."

          So Yugueom escorted him outside the apartment and bid him a confused and sympathetic goodbye. 

        Jackson felt so miserable for having hurt Mark. The same Mark who loved the fool like him. Now that he thought about it, it must have been harder for Mark. He atleast thought that Mark left for his own selfish reasons leaving Jackson behind. But Mark? He had to bear the burden of hurting two hearts, his and Jackson's. Jackson realized that Mark too must have wet his pillows at times, when the sweet memories of happy days haunted  him. Jackson could atleast drain his heartbreak in his practice and career, and his family and friends helped.  But what did Mark have? A new place with no friends and just limited family. And Jackson misunderstood him and hurt him. Jackson could never forgive himself. 

      Thus he started doing what he had been doing when Mark had left three years ago. He trained like a maniac and ( surprisingly as his body did not give up due to extreme exercise) even reached the sem-final. He held a tiny bit of hope in his heart that he might see the mop of red hair cheering for him in the crowd again, but he didn't see it. After the match, which he won obviously, he did see Yugueom though. But he now had brown hair. Yugyeom walked towards him waving his hands in an awkward hi. Jackson mirrored the action till Yugyeom stood in front of him. "Jackson hyung. Can we talk?"

 

           As they sat in the coffee table, both parties remained silent trying to come with with a statement to start a conversation. "Sorry" both Jackson and Yugyeom said in unison. "Why are you sorry?" Yugyeom asked. "I'm sorry for talking bad things about you and Mark. I'm sorry for making wrong assumptions regarding you..." Jackson slowly said. Then he quickly added, "But why are you sorry? You haven't even done anything." "No hyung. I'm sorry for being the reason for your misunderstanding." Yugyeom said. 

"Really Yugyeom? I'm already ashamed. You're making worse." Jackson replied. 

Yugyeom quickly looked up from the table napkin he was staring at to say hurriedly, " You are not all wrong. I might seem so close to Mark hyung that people do take us to be lovers. But you know what? It is like that because he is the only family I have. I was brought up in an orphanage and when I put up my wish to become a dancer, one of the sponsers we had offered to pay my fees for dance academy here. So I came here, with nothing but dreams." 

Jackson gulped in the spit that was forming in his mouth. He realised that this happy looking kid must have gone through so much. Yugyeom continued, "But then I met the kindest soul here who helped with everything. The new language, the food, friends. And when Mark hyung moved out from his sister's house he asked me to join him because the place I was staying was really foul. I've become so close to hyung that if he tells me that earth is flat, I'll believe. He is my elder brother, who I respect and love. And I know he loves me back as his own dongsaeng. That's what our relationship is like."

       Jackson gave Yougyeom his warm smile for the first time and Yugyeom smiled back. Then he went out to say, "One day I woke up at night as I was feeling thirsty. When I opened my eyes, I saw Mark hyung running his fingers through the face of your big poster. It felt like he was trying to feel you in that shiny paper and I could hear his sobs, caused due to the failure to feel anything. He could have been equated with a maniacal fan seeing his actions that time. He hadn't told me anything about you until a year ago when he was crying in his dreams calling your name. I forced him to tell me. So he did."

     Hearing this made Jackson upset more than it should have. Jackson wanted to pull his hair out and punch everyone around. He wanted to jump from a twenty storeyed building.

He felt like dying.

"What have I done?" He said to no one in particular but Yugyeom answered him, "That's how much he loves you hyung. That night after seeing you off, I went in the house and found him curled on the sofa. His eyes were all red and he kept on repeating he was not worthy of trust. His condition has not improved. He looks so tired everyday."

       Jackson did not what to do. He just on staring at his palm with eyes full of tear. Yugyeom thought he was done and stood up to leave. He was stopped by Jackson's soft voice though. "Hey. Will you do me a favour?"

             

      When Yugyeom reached home, Mark was at the same spot he had left him four hours earlier. He went and sat near him on the sofa. He ran his hands through Mark's hair and inquired, "How are you feeling hyung?" "As ty as yesterday." Mark replied. Yugyeom smiled and said, "I went to see Jackson hyung." Mark immediately sat up with a shocked expression. "Why?" He asked in a demanding tone. "Well. It was his semi final match. I wanted to cheer him up." Yugyeom sassily replied. "You traitor!" Mark screamed as he hit Yugyeom with the cushion nearby (and it was not playful at all). Yugyeom stood up suddenly and said in a straight voice, "Fine hyung. I am. So what. Atleast I'm not a stupid fool like you who is letting go of their love of four years just over some petty misunderstanding. Jackson hyung is leaving  as soon as the finals are over. And he was really sorry. Whether you forgive him or not, its your choice. But he sent you a something." Yugyeom left  (most probably to Youngjae's who was now officially his boyfriend) after placing a white envelope on the table. 

       Mark stared at it for quite some while before finally picking it up and tearing it open. In it were two things. A letter. And an old used band aid. Mark knew it too well. It was yellow with pink strawberries on it. It was the band aid he had put on Jackson's cut almost four years ago and that idiot still had it. He opened the letter and read,

"Mark.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you, for even doubting you. But what can I do. I'm an idiot stupidly in love with you. And I had been hurting for you so long that I couldn't take the thought of you being happy with someone else coolly. I lost it when you mentioned something about a kiss and I regret that moment more than anything else in my life. I can't believe I had a chance to start afresh and I blew it because of being a fool. But remember, I'm just a fool in love with you. But I can totally understand if you don't wanna ever see me again. I'm leaving tomorrow, as soon as the tournament is over. It's okay if you can't forgive me. Just find someone who can actually keep you happy.

Yours forever.

Jackson."

                                           

                                                   ×-×-×-×

 

      So it was Jackson's final match and he was half nervous half sad. He wanted to win. But more than that, he wanted to see Mark.  He had made his move by sending the letter. He just hoped Mark took a positive reaction and forgave him. He did not know what he would do if Mark wouldn't forgive him. Will he lose Mark again after coming so close to him? His disturbing thoughts were eating him.

        As he was preparing for the fight, he saw the same blue placard with "GO! GO! MANDU!!!" But this time, he even heard a high pitched voice screaming, "Go my precious Wang!" Jackson felt so happy and relieved that he laughed. Mark stood among the crowd with his red hair, looking all jumpy and excited, his hands must hurt holding the board so high, but there was not a line of discomfort on his face. Of course Mark would do this for Jackson. Because he loved Jackson the moon and back and Jackson was so happy he cried and  had to wipe his tears on his suit. (Thank god he had not yet worn his helmet or it would have been a bother.) 

         Jackson won. He ing won with all those disturbing thoughts in his mind which only wanted to hold Mark and kiss him like there was no tomorrow. Every time he gained a point, he looked towards Mark, only to see his happy face and catch the flying kisses he was throwing. He excitedly ran towards Mark when the winner announcing ceremonies were finally over. He saw an equally excited Mark running towards him who jumped on him (really, Mark should stop taking advantage of Jackson's stamina). But before exchanging any words, they kissed. They kissed like some hungry in front of everyone.They kissed like how they had been dreaming. They kissed to show how much they loved each other. The crowd which had gathered around them cheered and whistled. Finally Jackson put Mark down and said sorry between his panting and pecking Marks lips. "It's okay. You won Jackson. You won." Mark said in a similar condition. "I love you" Jackson said. "I love you too" Mark immediately followed. And then they hugged each other. 

       Later when all their adrenaline had died out, Jackson properly apologized to Mark and Mark forgave him. "I can't live without you any longer. If I have to, I would rather die. It's too hard Jacks. Too hard." Jackson caressed Mark's cheeks as he was seated in the hotel bedroom Jackson had booked. Mark suddenly remembered something and narrowed his eyes, "How dare you say you'd leave if I didn't forgive you? I was so worried. What would I do if you had actally left without seeing me? Jackson, would you let go of what we have so easily?" Jackson gave Mark a lopsided smile and said, " I wouldn't. I wouldn't leave until you'd forgive me even if it needed me to rob a bank or murder someone. Or just stand outside your apartment for the next two years. I wrote the letter hoping that you'd forgive me. Yugyeom knew I was not leaving. Mark, we've been apart for too long. Now it's  time we taste some happiness."

       Mark smiled and pressed his cheeks more towards Jackson's palm. "Poor Yugie, he went through a lot because of us. He even dyed his hair so that you'd not feel jealous." Mark said as Jackson buried his head beneath the pillow in embarrassment. Mark stared at Jackson's back adorably. He then lied on it and softly asked, "Jackson. You once said that we fell in love at wrong time. Is now the right time to fall in love with you?" 

       Jackson looked up and turned his body to hold Mark in his arms. Then he said in a soft hum, "I was wrong Mark. Any day is right to fall in love with you. Today. Tomorrow. Forever."

        And then Jackson pushed Mark below him and started kissing and biting his neck. 

        It was going to be a long night for them.

 

Author's note: God. Gigantic chapter.

Yay. Finally happy Markson.

I'm not sure if I should add a last chapter. It looks complete but I do have some things in mind.

Please advice what should I do.