Falling Forever

When They Fell

       The morning sun had already kissed Los Angeles when a certain Mark Tuan stirred in his bed, slowly waking up from his sleep. His sleepy arms stretched out to hold that ball of warmth that always greeted him in the morning. When he realised Jackson wasn't in the bed, he made an attempt to open his eyes, one first, making a wink. The other male was not in the room so Mark finally decided to get his lazy out of the bed, to look for his husband.

      Their marriage was rather unexpected actually. After clearing their misunderstandings, Jackson left for Korea. They called and messaged and skyped but they realised within a year that they could not live like that. They had to see and hold each other to live. So Mark decided to leave his studies in the middle of it to settle back in Korea where he could be close to Jackson. He was willing to throw away everything he had achieved just to be with his love. However. He did not have to do so. 

       The American team had seen how good Jackson was at his game and they gave Jackson a big offer. After they had seen his and Mark's rather dramatic union after the games, they invited Jackson to their team, with the promise of American citizenship. What more did he want? He immediately accepted the offer. He did feel a bit bad for his country but it was the only way to avoid Mark's big step. So yeah. Jackson still flourished in his career. Just a different team. 

        The proposal had been more unexpected. And abrupt. And funny. It was a Sunday morning. Jackson did not have practice and Mark (who was now working as a teacher) did not have school. Mark was preparing breakfast, Jackson's favourite (what he used to call) "my baby's special pancakes". A sleepy looking Jackson came down the stairs and sat at his spot- the stool by the counter where he was slapped for the first and last time by Mark. "Morning love" Mark said, slightly pinching Jackson's nose and leaving a trail of the semi liquid batter there. "Morning" Jackson mumbled and slouched on the stool. This shocked Mark. Normally, if Mark had done anything as such, Jackson would already be chasing him with a handful of batter to get his revenge. But he did seem quite quiet that morning. 

         "Is anything wrong?" Mark interrogated. Jackson made a thinking face. It seemed like he did not know whether he should or  shouldn't say what he was about to say. Mark poked his chest to get it out of him. But no, Jackson still kept quiet. Mark knew something was serious so he kept the bowl aside and sat on Jackson's lap. He ran his cleaner hand through Jackson's hair and softly asked, "Hey. C'mon. Tell me what's bothering you." 

Jackson looked up at Mark and gave him his famous puppy look. "Mark. You love me right?" 

"Of course. Jackson what's wrong. You're starting to worry me." Mark said with a scrunched face. Jackson then said, "Okay. I'll tell you what happened but you got to promise me you'll not laugh and you'll give a positive reaction." "Promise." Mark whispered. 

Jackson stood from the stool but kept Mark on it. He kneeled down in front of Mark while saying, "I had a dream. I saw that you got married to that sociology teacher in your school. And I was left alone at home. I wanted to eat pancakes, your pancakes, but when I made them they did not taste like yours and I started crying. Because I wanted to eat your pancakes. So I went to your house, which was that teacher's house, to request you to atleast cook me some. But when I reached, your husband told me that he just ate all the pancakes you had cooked and you can cook no more, because you guys had ran out of sugar. Gosh Mark. I wanted to kill myself then. So I started to cry again, wailing and yelling, 'Mark make me pancakes' but you shook your head saying no and your husband was laughing at me."

          Mark was surprised by the description of Jackson's dream and he did not know how to react. He was about to say something but then Jackson stood up and pulled out something from his boxers pocket. He said, " So I realized Mark. I realized that you cannot marry someone else and you definitely cannot make my pancakes for others and there is only one way to fix it." He then kneeled again saying, " I know this is unexpected and sorry I couldn't get a ring because I didn't know I would have this dream tonight but I need to ask you this right away." Then he pulled the ends of a small piece of cloth wide apart asking Mark, "So Mark Yien Tuan, will you marry me?" Mark froze. He was speechless. He wanted to scream his lungs out and say yes. He never expected this from Jackson, the dork who always found ways to sweep him off his feet. But he didn't. He felt so overwhelmed that he couldn't utter a 'yes' but he frantically nodded with eyes full of tears placing his ring finger on top of the cloth, which Jackson carefully tied around his finger. Jackson stood up and Mark followed. As Mark hugged him, Jackson quickly picked up Mark and spun him before placing him on the counter yo kiss him for the next five minutes. (Thank God Yugyeom had moved out with Youngjae) "Thank you" Jackson mumbled between the kisses. "No. Thank you for this amazing ring..." Mark was saying while kissing Jackson when he paused to properly look at his ring. And then he let out the scream he was holding in, "Jackson ing Wang I can't believe you tore our expensive curtain!"

         Mark found Jackson styling his hair in the bathroom. He stood at the door to check out his husband's charming reflection. Jackson saw Mark on the mirror and said, "You up?" He asked. "Yep. You should have woken me up. I would have made you something to eat." Mark replied. "It's okay Mark. I wake up earlier to you for like 3 days in a year. I can manage those days. I kept your breakfast on the table." Jackson said while turning to leave the bathroom having being done with his hair. He stopped at the door to kiss Mark. "I can't believe you're leaving me for a week" Mark grumbled. "Sorry babe. But just wait till we win this. Your husband is hoing to be a star. Then we'll have to get securities outside our house." Jackson said giving Mark a wink. "Just make sure you reach Japan a day before the main game." He said while scurrying himself into their bedroom searching for his shoes. He had this tournament to be held in Japan and they would have to go a week prior to the day of competition. He really wanted Mark to go with him. But Mark had some important work at school and he could only make it before the main day. 

        After collecting everything he needed, Jackson was ready to go. Mark escorted him outside their new and bigger house. Mark stood at the door and Jackson kept walking, pulling his trolly. When he reached the gate, he halted. He turned and ran back to Mark to kiss him with great fervour. Then he took a step back and said "Miss me. Don't smile at others they might fall for you. Eat well. Don't forget to lock the door at night. Don't watch too much T.V. Brush your teeth twice. Don't catch hot kettle. Drive safely. Like look right and left before making a turn.... emph..." Jackson couldn't continue his safety ramble as Mark cut him off with his kiss. "Good luck.I love you Jackson." Mark said staring at Jackson's round eyes and it was enough. It was enough for Jackson and he left with a last peck on Mark's lips. 

       Mark stared at Jackson's retreating figure. He wondered if he had done really good deeds to deserve a husband like Jackson. He wondered if this was the same Jackson who had nearly broken down at the day of their wedding. Mark remembers the day clearly.

        It was the morning of their wedding day and Mark was ready in his black tux. He was cool. A liitle bit nervous, but he was good. Until Jackson's best man, Yugyeom,  burst into his room saying Jackson has been hyperventilating. Mark immediately ran to the room Jackson was supposed to dress up and yes, the other male was sitting on the floor, his wedding suit far forgotten on the couch. Mark kneeled down to hug him. "It's okay baby. You don't have to do this. It's okay if your not ready." Jackson looked up with a shocked face and started crying. "Mark. What if I'm not good enough for you. What if I can't provide you what you want. What if I can't keep you happy?" Jackson's other questions got muffled in Mark's shoulder as he hugged him. " Ssh... If you're worried for me then you don't have to. You're the only one I want. Even if you tell me let's live in a kennel, I will. Because I love you Jackson Wang. I'll never leave you. I promise to stay by your side. Please. Believe me. And if the whole world was on one side and you on the other, I'd still walk towards you." Mark tried to comfort. "You would?" Jackson asked. Mark nodded. "Let's ing get married then." Jackson said, already looking for his tuxedo. 

           With his insecurities of not being able to properly look after Mark, it was obvious that Jackson wanted to play husband himself and make Mark walk the aisle. Mark granted him his wish and he he could see Jackson looking at him with awe and affection when he walked towards him with his father. Jackson finally gave him a smile when he reached the podium, and he stood between Jackson and Jinyoung (his best man) in front of the priest. Mark barely heard the vows he was made to repeat as his heart was hammering like crazy. He was finally getting married to his love and he was beyond happy. He knew it was not going to be just bed of roses for them but with Jackson, he was ready to get some pricks of thorns. And when the priest finally pronounced them married and asked them to kiss, Mark gave himself to Jackson, for this life and any other that would follow. 

       Mark and Jackson. When they had fallen in love seven years ago, they didn't know that they were falling forever.

 

The End.

 

 

Author's Note: I can't believe it's finally over. Happy Markson. Hope you like the end.

Thank you all my readers for your help and support. 

By the way, I'm writing a new markson fiction, Born This Way, which is going to be different from this. Hope ya all read that too... He he. Greedy author mode on.