Falling in Summer

When They Fell

Part 1/2 

            It was a hot summer noon when Mark first felt like cheating.

            He had never cheated on his partner before. But there was something about Jackson and his dripping hair with wet torso that Mark grabbed his face and smashed his lips on Jackson's. 

         

            After Mark had agreed to meet up, Jackson asked him out for a movie. It was a normal friends' day out until Jackson mindlessly remarked, "Today's date was awesome." 

              It resulted in a havoc really. Mark choked on the coke he was drinking and nearly vomited the chicken gravy noodles they had eaten after the movie in the tacky restaurant nearby. Jackson himself realised the weight of the words he had spoken and turned into the darkest shade of red his complexion would allow. In an attempt to help Mark, who was now a coughing mess, he started rubbing his back but he accidentally touched Mark's when Mark plunged forward with another cough. Mark's eyes widened and he actually stopped coughing. They stared at each other in silence. To avoid the awkwardness, Jackson tried to walk first, in front of Mark. He tried. But he fell flat on his face as he tripped on his lace which had loosened up during the commotion.

                So spring saw another episode of Mark putting band aid over Jackson's cut nose which, unlike his cut forearm, was hurting like hell thank you very much. They sat in the park though the night had already engulfed the small town. During their exchange of information about each other, Mark mentioned somewhere that his hands were starting to freeze and it took Jackson no time to grab Mark's cold hand with his warm ones. There was no discomfort though. Mark looked at their now entwined hands and then at Jackson. It seemed to Jackson that he would object the action, but no, Mark only gave him a big, toothy smile, showing his front teeth, his canines and even some parts of his molars.And just like that, they continued with their conversation. After around an hour and half, Mark told Jackson( with a heavy heart) that he had to go tutor his brother. Jackson let go of his hands with immense reluctance and stood up from the bench they were seated on.

             On their way back home, they could not sit beside each other in the bus as the seats were already taken. Mark had to sit three seats behind Jackson beside a young, pretty girl. In their twenty minutes ride, Jackson (who was himself seated beside a charming lady) looked back at Mark around thirty three times (Mark might or might not have counted his heart making little jumps every time Jackson looked at him) and he had started to think that Jackson might sprain his neck.Finally when they reached their stop, Jackson bolted out of his seat, grasped Mark's hand and hastened them out of the bus.His action surprised Mark, but he surely was not complaining about the attention he was receiving from the hyperactive boy. 

             They walked home side by side, their hands colliding from time to time.Jackson's hand was itching to hold Mark's and it was taking him great self control to restrain himself. Mark on the other hand was contemplating if he should just slide his hand into Jackson's. But both party couldn't somehow gain the courage and they reached Mark's home.

               "Umm...so... We're home!" Mark suddenly exclaimed, not knowing what words to use while parting with Jackson. "Yay!" Jackson sing songed awkwardly. Thereby followed silence. They just stood there, occasionally smiling at each other. Neither Mark was willing to enter the gate nor was Jackson showing any interest in walking away. 

              "Thank you for today. I really enjoyed everything." (Including you holding my hand Mark thought) Mark ultimately broke the silence. Jackson then gave a half grin and said, " I'm glad you enjoyed, but i should thank you. I enjoyed more."

                "So... Goodnight?" Mark said immediately and turned to open the gate. 

                "Hey Mark" Jackson whispered and Mark turned around, just to be tightly hugged by Jackson who continued to whisper in his ear, " Let's hang out again, like real soon." 

 

 

Author's Note: This chapter seemed to become too long so I broke it into two parts. Hope you are liking the progress of Markson relationship. 

Now I'm planning to make the story a bit more serious with markjin and jackbam and yes, more Markson... Thank you for the reads and subscriptions and votes readers!!!