Falling in Summer

When They Fell

Part 2/2

           So Jackson voiced his wish to meet more and who was Mark to reject Jackson's wishes. After that they started to hang out more, a lot. Mark would sit nearby when Jackson chopped wood, constantly talking about his old home back in Hong Kong; Jackson would accompany Mark and Joey to their visits to park (and no again, he was not trying to win over Joey by buying him ice cream with double scoop). They even introduced each other to their parents. Mark was actually scared to meet Sophia, Jackson's mother as she looked stern. She was all but stern, pulling Mark's cheek and congratulating her son on getting a cute friend. She was also happy that Jackson finally befriended their neighbour's kid and if any time she found a shirt bit smaller in size than what Jackson wore lying around, she knew it was Mark's. Similarly, if Mark's parents saw Joey running around with a snapback lot more bigger than his head, they never questioned whose it was for their son hated them. Little by little, Jackson's and Mark's life started crisscrossing, meeting here and there. But for they never introduced their friend's to each other. And there was a reason behind it. A big one. 

            Mark had started to avoid his friends in favour of hanging out with Jackson, may it be spending time with him cleaning his room, or just playing video game. So when Jackson asked him if he would want to go fishing together, Mark did not even think twice before cancelling his participation in the class field trip to nearby town. He called at the last moment to say that he suddenly caught flu and he couldn't risk it spreading to others. 

            The two made their way to the small river that flowed by the nearby woods. They did not catch much, but they did enjoy their quality time together- away from the human population, in the midst of chirping birds and the soothing sound of the river flowing, with the hot summer sun above. It was starting to get hot in the noon and Jackson suggested that they get into the water. Mark being the conscious self who did not want to get his clothes wet disagreed but Jackson already took off his shirt and half pants. With only his boxers on, he stood in front of Mark, "C'mon Markie, don't be a chicken." And then he smirked. Mark knew he had to do something to save his honour. So he grasped Jackson's body and threw him into the river. He did a little victory dance for having succeeded in taking revenge on Jackson for calling him a chicken. It did not last long though. He felt something was off. Jackson did not move.

             "Jacks?" Mark called out. He forrowed his brows and started to move forward. For once he thought Jackson was joking. But he remained still and immobile. Mark panicked and he felt like hyperventilating. Thousands of thoughts and worst case scenarios ran through his head every mili second. So he plunged into the river like a lunatic and ran near Jackson. As Mark was about to hold his hand, Jackson suddenly stood up screaming, "Got ya!" 

              It scared Mark near to death and he froze. Jackson carried on with circling Mark, half of their body immersed in the river, with his hyena laugh and singing "I made you fool..." It angered Mark. His heart had nearly stopped working thinking about losing Jackson and the said boy acting so stupid without even considering how much Mark must have been afraid to see him hurt. So with his eyes threatening to tear up, he gave a frustrated shout, " you Jackson Wang! I seriously thought something bad happened to you!" 

           "Mark. The water is not even deep. I cannot die here." Jackson said with his deep raspy voice, emphasizing on 'cannot' with a light amused smile. And that was it. Mark lost it there. He felt pathetic as Jackson did not understand his concern. Heck. Jackson did not even know how much Mark loved him. And Mark was scared. He was scared that something bad could happen to Jackson and he would never know that a simple, plain Mark had fallen for him. Mark started to cry hiding his face behind his palms. Seeing Mark like that, Jackson felt really bad for scaring Mark. He could not see him cry so he held Mark's face himself and said, "Mark... Hey. Look. I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd get so upset. Sorry. See, I'm fine." 

              Hearing Jackson's voice, so honest and so close, something short circuited in Mark's brain and all the pent up desire for Jackson decided to show up. Mark dropped his hands and looked at Jackson's face which was only inches away now. His hair was dripping water which were travelling down his torso. "How can you say you didn't think I would get worried? I love you so much it hurts goddammit!" Mark growled. With that said, he grabbed Jackson's face and kissed him straight on his lips. Jackson was so surprised that he forgot to breathe for a while. But he was brought back to his senses when Mark started to retract his hands sensing rejection. Jackson could not let it happen. He had been longing for Mark's kiss for a while now and he did not want to let go of the opportunity. So he s his arms around Mark's back pulling him closer, asking him to continue. Mark understood, so he moved his hands behind Jackson's neck and let them stay there for the rest of the kiss.

           So they kissed and basked in the sun feeling the love they shared. 

            That night, Jinyoung showed up at Mark's door. He was so worried about Mark, (who had not received his call or answered his texts) that he sneaked out of the hotel the group had been staying. He reached their town and ran straight to Mark's house.

           Mark was dating Jinyoung. It's not like he did not like the boy. Jinyoung was a package. He was Mark's best friend, who was romantically his boyfriend and who showered Mark with care like his mother. He was the perfect boyfriend material to be honest. But Mark couldn't control his heart and fell in love with Jackson. Not his dashing, intelligent and caring boyfriend, who he had decided to date on a mutual understanding after both of them had broken up with their girlfriends ( they said something about giving  a shot dating their best friends who knew them far more better than those snobbish girls). And things were pretty cool, really, until Mark decided to fall for Jackson. 

             That day,after he returned from the forest, his mind kept repeating the kissing scene between him and Jackson. He was all over his bed. Rolling from one corner to the other, thinking about how they held hands while returning and Jackson repeatedly saying he had fallen for Mark too. So when Jinyoung opened the door of Mark's room with a concerned "are you okay", Mark's heart sank. He felt like because he realized. He realized that he had been cheating on his boyfriend with the person he loved with his entire heart.

              He realized why he never introduced his friends to Jackson. Because they knew. They knew he was taken. And deep down, Mark never wanted Jackson to know...

 

Author's note: Woah! Quite a long chapter. Hope ya all like it.

And did you all watch Hard Carry? Gosh it's sick... Plus, I don't know if I should write a bit mature part in the next chapter. I mean would ya all want it? Please help...