Falling in Autumn

When They Fell

Part 1/3

           It was a dark autumn night when Jackson first felt like cheating. 

          He had never cheated on his partner before. But there was something about Mark in his oversized jumper and the wet blonde hair that Jackson carried Mark to his bed and made him his.

            Jackson could not get rid of the images of Mark after their adventure in the jungle. He couldn't stop thinking about Mark and his pretty lips and how they moved in sync with his own. He was so hyped up about whatever happened that if he had a hidden tail, it would pop out and wag. His mind kept replaying Mark's hurried confession and his heart kept beating faster. So he was quite surprised when Mark did not wish him goodnight. He laid down on his bed and kept waiting for Mark's text, like always. But it never came. He fell asleep sometime after midnight, with his phone placed near his pillow. 

              Mark on the hand was laying on his bed beside a peacefully sleeping Jinyoung. Mark had failed to contain his tears when Jinyoung sat on his bed and hugged him, not minding the non existent flu he was 'suffering' from. He asked Mark if he took meds. And when Mark said no, he stood up to go get some himself from the store. He would have gone. He would have gone as he was just that kind of person, always caring and loving Mark. But Mark caught hold of his hand and said, "It's okay Junior. It is gone now. I'm fine." Mark had half the mind to confess to Jinyoung then and there. However, the thoughts of the possible consequences stopped him. Instead, he spluttered, "Can you just lay down with me?" Jinyoung hesitated. He had never stayed at Mark's place before. But if his boyfriend wanted something, Jinyoung was the kind to give it to him. So he laid down beside Mark and spooned him. Now that his face was hidden from Jinyoung, Mark shed the tears of guilt. He realized that he was indeed in a difficult situation. "Later, I'll tell him later..." Mark told himself and tried to sleep. But no, he was not getting any sleep as his heart was torn between his boyfriend and his lover. 

            The next day saw Jackson Wang jogging to Mark's house after his breakfast. He was worried when Mark did not reply to his texts. When he reached Mark's room, he found Mark in a bundle of his blankets. "Mark. Why are you not replying? You alright?" Jackson asked as he walked towards Mark's bed. It seemed like Mark was asleep and he groaned when Jackson gently ran his hand through his forehead and then to his cheeks to check his temperature. Mark ( who had only fallen asleep an hour ago after sending Jinyoung back to the hotel) slowly opened his eyes and softly smiled as he saw a tender looking Jackson staring and smiling back at him. Jackson bent down to kiss him and Mark kissed him back. But soon, the realizations of the previous night hit him and he suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" Jackson asked. "Nothing. I have to go to school early Jackson. So I'll see you later okay?" Mark said as he stood up to walk towards the bathroom. Jackson knew something was wrong. But it seemed like Mark was not ready to talk about it. He could wait. So he did. 

                Jackson waited but Mark's explanation for their minimsed hangouts and talks over the phone did not appear even after weeks. Jackson saw less of Mark as Mark,who was never into sports, joined the badminton team, the football team and also the eco club. He used to have meetings and practices even during weekend. It pained Jackson. Mark felt so distant that he started doubting the day in the woods ever happening. He wondered how could someone confess their love to you and then just ignore you. Jackson had started to feel that maybe Mark wanted to break up with him, although they were never really together. He loved Mark so much that he would never force him to anything, but if Mark wanted an out from their situation, Jackson atleast wanted a decent explanation. 

                Jackson was engrossed in trying to help his mother make some dumplings. His message tone dinged and he opened it to see Mark's message, "Movie tonight?" He immediately asked his mother the permission to go out with Mark (already knowing he'd be allowed to go to even north pole with Mark).

                When the two met at Mark's gate, Mark acted normal, like he was never ignoring Jackson, like he never stopped talking to him, like it was yesterday they had kissed. "You look great!" Mark exclaimed with a cheeky smile and moved forward to peck Jackson's forehead. He avoided Jackson's gaze though. He hurriedly held Jackson's hand and dragged him towards the bus stop. 

          Jackson remained patient, and quiet, unlike himself . But this was Mark he was dealing with. And Mark always made him feel different, act different. Mark knew Jackson wanted answers but he kept avoiding Jackson's stares the entire bus ride. Finally when the reached the movie theatre, Mark looked at Jackson to ask him what kind of movie he would like to watch today. Jackson muttered a nonchalant 'whatever' and looked away from Mark, fixing his attention rather on the movie posters. Mark finally bought two tickets of some unknown action movie and the two walked towards the hall. Jackson was starting to get frustrated, so much so that he could punch Mark now. If only he never wanted to see Mark hurt, ever. So he decided to keep his calm and let Mark talk when he wanted to. He then shifted his entire attention to the movie playing in the screen.

           Somewhere along the movie, when the lead actor was being stabbed by some bald guy wearing clothes like an earthquake survivor, Mark took a sharp breath and said out loud enough for Jackson to hear, "I have a boyfriend."

 

 

Author's Not: Gosh. This chapter is gonna be pretty long so I have decided to break it into three parts. Mature scene will probably come in the last part of this chapter... This part is short, but hope ya all like it...