Explanation

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar's POV 

What do I do? I'm still not ready to face him. What if I can't control my emotions and get angry? What if my mother knows he's here and that I'm going to meet him? Gosh. 

I was waiting outside of an unfamiliar apartment. It's kind of a bit expensive apartment. The facade of the apartment looked like it was just painted yesterday. I looked around to scan the surroundings and saw men wearing their business suits while talking to the phone, a group of teenage girls talking to each other and they looked rich, and luxury cars parked in the ditch. 

Is he staying here? 

I just stood there in front of the expensive apartment, nervous and hesitant. I didn't know what to do. Halmeoni just gave me the address and let me ride a cab to get here. At first, I rejected the idea of going here. If he wants to talk to me, then he must go all the way to me. I thought. Halmeoni told me that it's for the best if I'd be the first one to approach him. On the way here, I never thought that I'd be nervous and all. 

I inhaled and exhaled to relax myself. I blinked my eyes and took a very deep breath. 

I decided to go inside. I was greeted by a man, who's wearing a very neat black suit on the counter, and gave me an endearing smile.

"What can I do for you miss?" He asked, still wearing a smile on his face. 

"Uh, I'm Kim Yong Sun. I'm here to meet Mr. Kim Joong-ki," I gave him a tight lip smile. 

"Oh! You must be his daughter! Here, he said he's going to meet you in the cafe. Just go straight in the hallway and you'll see a mini-cafe. He's waiting for you there," he directed and gave me a card. He shot me another smile so I bowed down to thank him. 

I followed his directions and ended up standing in front of a small cafe which again looked like a very expensive one. I let out a heavy sigh and opened the door. 

I was welcomed by a smell of a brewed coffee. I looked around only to see that there were only a few people sitting and drinking their coffees. 

"You must be Kim Yong Sun! I'm Mark by the way, and I'm going to you to your seat," he greeted. He looked like we're sharing the same age. He must be a waiter here. 

"Oh, okay. Thanks," I said. I followed where he was heading to and I saw that we're heading to the corner spot of the cafe where you can see people passing by outside the apartment. 

There were two tables in the corner and one table was occupied by a man wearing a grey shirt with a cap on, facing his back on me. He was staring outside while tapping his fingers on the table. 

I thanked Mark and hesitantly approached the occupied table. As i was making my way there, I could feel my steps getting heavier and heavier. Finally, I reached the table and stood there looking hesitant. I cleared my throat and the person in front of me whipped his head at me. He stood up from his seat and gave me a smile. 

"Yong Sun, finally I could get to see you," he pulled me into a hug. I didn't hug him back because I didn't feel like it. "I'm sorry. I just missed you," he apologized. I didn't know how to response since I still couldn't believe that I'm in front of him. 

"Why won't you take a seat?" he pulled the chair and ushered me to take a seat which I gladly accepted. He took his seat and put his clasped hands on the table. He was about to say something until I managed to say a word to him. 

"Appa," I called him out. His face suddenly lit up. He must've anticipated me talking to him. 

"Yes?" He asked. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not knowing it came out harshly. 

"Oh..." he looked disappointed. "To be honest with you, I came back here because of business matters," he said. 

Of course, he did. Why would he go all the way here just to visit me, right? Who am I to him anyway? Maybe he has already forgotten that he has daughter here in Bucheon. 

"Then I guess, this conversation is no longer needed. Excuse me, Mr. Kim but I also have a business to handle," I stood up, letting my emotions rule over me. I was about to start walking until he grabbed my hand to stop me. 

"Yong Sun, I'm sorry. Please listen to me, won't you? Even just for a little amount of time. Please," he begged, sadness and frustration were seen in his face. "I know it's pretty stupid that I just came back here because I have a business to handle. That's right but—I've been afraid to come back here since the divor— separation. I didn't have the guts to go back here because I was so afraid that I'd be rejected again. And right now, I know you just rejected me. But I don't care I just want you to listen to me," he told. "So will you please take a seat and let me talk?" he pleaded. 

I then remembered what Moon Byul has said to me when we were in our favorite coffee shop. She told me that I should hear what my father has to say. 

Maybe I should give him a chance. 

I sighed and took a seat. He thanked me for giving him the chance to talk to me. I just nodded and let him continue. 

"When Kwang Soo told me that he'll be sending me in Bucheon because of a file report, I immediately agreed. I didn't care about the report because I had nothing in my mind but only two people—you and your mother. I wanted to see your mother too. But I have to see you first because I never said goodbye to you. Because I never wanted to. I never had the chance to talk to you again. I never had the chance to be your father after the divorce. I know your mother has been doing the same thing as me. And I've neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter