Random Question

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar's POV 

"What do you think of Krystal, unnie?" Moon Byul asked. 

We were on our way to my house since I invited her to come with me because we're going to bake cupcakes. I invited the three girls though but they declined because they had already plans. I invited Krystal too even though she's new. She seemed nice and all but it's just normal to be curious when you meet someone new. 

Right? Right. 

"Eh, she seems nice. But I'm still curious about her. She's mysterious... Isn't she?" I nudged Byul-yi who seemed to be in a deep thought. She jolted but she managed to nod. "Are you okay?" I asked, concerned with her state now. 

"I'm fine. I was just thinking," she retorted, tucking her hand inside the pocket of her jeans. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked, linking arms with her. 

"What... kind of cupcakes would we bake?" She let out a laugh. 

"Yah! That's not what I wanted to hear from you," I unlinked my arms with hers. I pouted and crossed my arms. She giggled and linked arms with me again. 

"But to answer your question, we're making red velvets tonight since I want red velvet's next comeback," I grinned. Her eyes went big and she started jumping around like a kid who just got her lollipop. I pinched her arms and started running away from her. 

"Unnie! I'll get my revenge!" She started chasing me. I couldn't help but laugh. People passed by us and looked at us in amusement. We were too old for this but we were enjoying this. 

Gosh, I miss being a little kid. 

After several minutes of running away from Byul's revenge, I got tired so I stopped from running and started to walk. I started coughing since I was the one who ran like I stole something. Moon Byul ran to me to check up on me if I was okay or not. 

"Karma's a b!tch, eh?" She mocked. I just glared at her while she was caressing my back. She looked like she was enjoying this moment. I smirked at her and she just gave me a confused look. "Okay, I think you're fine now. Let's go because I want to eat cupcakes already," she walked pass by me but then I grabbed her hand. 

"Come here. Give me a piggy back ride. I'm tired," I demanded, still holding her wrist. 

"What? No way! You were the one who started this finished it for yourself. That's my revenge," she continued to walk but I grabbed her again again. "Please? I promise not to do it again and I will be making a lot of cupcakes for you," I pleaded, with puppy dog eyes and pouting. 

She groaned and rolled her eyes. She lazily walked to me and bent her knees, signaling me to jump on her back to get my wish granted. I jumped on her back and she let out a yelp. I just smirked in victory while wrapping my arms around her shoulders. I leaned my head closer to her face. She looked flustered. She whispered something under her breathe.

"What did you say? Say it again?" 

I didn't mean to suffer her though. Anyways, my house was just a few houses so she wouldn't be that tired when we reached my place. I loved it when she gives me piggy back rides though. It's comfortable and I just feel happy when we do this. 

"I said you're an idiot," she muttered, carrying me with her best. I kissed her cheeks and hugged her tight. "S-Stop I-I am s-suffoc-cating," she stuttered, avoiding my gaze. I just giggled at her and told her to put me down. 

"Looks like I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the ride," I grinned at her, making my way inside the house. I was on the porch when I saw her still standing in front of the fences. "You're not coming in?" I shouted at her. She got startled and started shaking her head. She tucked her hands inside the pocket of her jacket and made her way inside the house. 

As we made our way to the kitchen, I saw my mother's bag, which she use in everyday for her work, on the couch. 

Wait, she's here? Miracle. 

I stood frozen while spacing out until I felt a hand on my right shoulder. "You okay, unnie?" Byul asked, giving me a tight-lipped smile. 

"Yeah... I was just thinking... Can you wait in the kitchen? I'm just going to check up something in my room," I excused myself, trying not to act like there's something wrong. I thank God that Byul didn't bother to ask anything. 

My mother doesn't go home anymore unlike these past few months. I don't know where she's staying or what's happening to her. Sometimes I ask halmeoni if she's doing fine and she'll just answer yes. I don't bother to ask anymore because I know it's just the same. My mother and I have no connection anymore. Unlike before when everything was oh-so-perfect. My mother used to cook at breakfast, lunch, and dinner but now I'm on my own and sometimes with halmeoni. I missed those times where she baked cookies and cupcakes. I used to help her in the kitchen with cooking and baking and sometimes we play around especially stuffing each other's faces with flour and anything that can be sticky to the skin. I loved her recipes especially her favorite red velvet cupcake recipe. I learned baking and cooking because of her. But that all change when their divorce happened. Things went down and it's now the complete opposite of the past. And I missed all of it. I miss my family. I miss omma. 

Maybe she knows that me and appa met last week? e. I'm dead. 

I checked her bedroom if she's there but to my surprise, it was the same way like before. It's like no one touched anything there. But I was still wondering why her bag was on the living room if she didn't come home? I checked her closet and it's still the same even her bed looked neat. I checked her small cabinet where she put her accessories and it's also the same like before. But there was one thing that's out of place, there was a white envelope under the box of her jewelries. I was curious to know what's inside of it. I looked at the back part of the envelope and I was surprised. 

It was my father's handwriting. The white envelope also looked untouched because it was still sealed. I guess my mother didn't bother to open it yet or maybe she has no interest in knowing what's inside the envelope. I was curious to know what's inside but I stopped myself from opening it since it's my mother's business not mine to meddle in. 

"Unnie?" Byul called out. 

"I'm done! Just wait a second!" I shouted back, putting the envelope back to where it was supposed to be. Before leaving my mother's room, I scanned the area again to see if it was the same way before. After sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter