Go to Sleep

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar's POV 

"Ma! I'm home!" 

"Yong Sun! Where have you been?" my grandmother got up from her chair. "My dear, she's not here. She left a few hours ago," she explained. I nodded and sighed. I kissed her forehead and took a seat beside her. 

I should've seen it coming. Guess what? I'm used to this. I shook my head in disappointment. 

My mother has always been nowhere in sight. Ever since she and my father got divorced, she started to isolate herself. We barely spoke to each other, not even a single hello. She never stopped working. One time we had an argument about her distancing herself from us and she explained to me that she just needed some space—needed a time to move on. Well, guess what? She have been so distanced for a year. She have become a stranger to me. In fact, my grandmother was the one who's always there for me. My grandmother became my mother. And she? She's just the person who pays for my education and the bills in the house. I never understood why she did this to herself—to me. I never deserved this. I never wanted to be treated like this. 

I was so lost in my thoughts until I heard my grandma cleared . 

"Uh, I hung out with my friends in Byul's house and ate Chinese foods," I replied, running my hands through my messy hair. 

"You're not hungry, eh? I'll cook ramen if you want me to," she stood up but I stopped her. 

"I'm fine. Maybe I should go and take a shower and go to sleep. I'm quite tired," I excused myself. 

"Yong Sun.." 

"I know. I'm used to this already. Don't worry about me. Why won't you take a rest, halmeoni? It's late," I told her. I already knew what she was about to say so I cut her off. 

"Please understand what she's going through, Yong Sun. It's been a tough year for her." 

I've heard that for the millionth time. Well, not literally. I closed my eyes and shook my head. 

I know, halmeoni. But she needs to act like she's not the only who's affected! Because i'm hurting too...

"Goodnight, halmeoni," I kissed her cheeks and walked away. I went to the bathroom and took a hot shower. 

Ugh, thank the heavens for this. I feel a lot better now. 

I got out of the shower and put on my pajamas. I checked my phone if the battery life has given up, but to my surprise it's on 65%. I danced in victory in my head. I took the opportunity to lurk through my social media and to check some text messages. I opened Whee In's text messages first because it said she has 6 messages for me. 

Unnie~ -received 8:07 pm. 

I saw a cat!!! It's so fluffy and so cute :") -received 8:09 pm. 

I stopped by to pet him and he kept purring at me.. <3 -received

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter