Just The Two of Us

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byul's POV

I swore to heavens that I wasn't up for anything especially school. Homeworks and school projects are needed to be passed today. It's only halfway through the end of the semester and I'm so worked up already. I hate procrastinating. Not to mention, extra-curricular activities and non-academic clubs have been slamming our bodies to death, not literally though.  Too bad I joined dance club and humanitarian club—yes, I joined humanitarian club because I care about human welfare and somehow, I want to change the world into a better place. Don't get me wrong!

As much as I want to go back to my sacred bed, I forced myself to get up and prepare myself for a hot shower to wake up all my senses. I turned the shower on but suddenly I was shocked when cold water hits my skin.

"ARRGGHHH! What the actual fu- fudge!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, shivering and gritting. I got out of the shower immediately and grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body. "C-cold, cold, cold, cold, f-freaking cold!" I was prancing around, still shivering and gritting my teeth.

Well, I guess my senses just woke up from a deep slumber. 

I heard my bathroom door creaked. I turned around to see a my mother's confused and concerned look.

"Oh, dear. Are you okay? Is there something inside your shower?" my mother worriedly asked.

"N-no, i-it's just c-cold."

My mother sighed in disbelief. "Why did I even bother to barge in when this always happen to you," she shook her head in disbelief. "How many times do I have to remind you not to forget to hit the hot button when you need a hot shower," she scolded.

"And don't tell me you slept at 4 am in the morning because you were procrastinating again," she added.

"It's so early in the morning for a lecture that I have heard for a million times," I mumbled. I let out a shivery sigh.

"Go have a shower now or else you'll get late."

As soon as my mother left my bathroom, I quickly got myself a hot shower.

What a good way to start your day, Byul.

"Nah, I believe that ghosts don't exist," Wheein lazily answered, chewing her bacon sandwich. 

"I agree," Hwa Sa raised her right hand, while scrolling through her phone. 

"Well, apparently they do! And I've never felt so terrified to go back home," Solar defensively retorted. "And plus, you wouldn't believe me because you haven't experienced what I just experienced last night!" she added, while gesturing her hands in a stressful manner. 

Apparently, we're currently hanging out here in our school park bench, eating our supposed to be lunch food and talking about Solar's last night's ghost experience. It's our free time because our classes got cancelled, only for seniors and juniors. There was a sudden faculty meeting. Well anyway, Solar was so busy talking about what happened to her last night in her home. She was telling us that she saw a ghostly figure entering their bathroom when she was just about to close her bedroom door. Solar's bedroom was just a room away from their bathroom so she's really sure that she wasn't hallucinating. She also explained to us that her grandmother always sleeps in the living room instead of her bedroom next to Solar's and which is also next to their bathroom. We told her that maybe it was just her halmeoni. But she quickly interjected us and told us that her grandmother doesn't usually get up just to pee in the middle of the night. 

Ghosts? Is she out of her mind or maybe we just need to slap her back to reality? 

I let out a sigh. "Yong Sun," I called her out. 

"What?" 

"Do we need to help you to sign up in an asylum or you'll do it for yourself?" 

Whee In and Hwa Sa started laughing like there's no tomorrow. Whee In high-fived me while Solar was rolling her eyes at us. 

"I hate all of you," she crossed her arms on her chest, pouting like she's a 5-year-old girl. The three of us continued laughing meanwhile she's pretending to be mad at us. 

"Ugh! Okay, I'm going to leave!" she gathered her things and shoved them into her backpack. 

Wow, she's really pissed-off. Well, who would believe her though? It could be her mother sneaking in in their bathroom. 

"U-Unnie! D-Don't leave!" I stuttered, still laughing. I grabbed her arm while trying to burst out laughing . "Give us a minute," I grabbed her arm with my right hand while my left hand on my chest to stop myself from bursting out my laughter. 

After a minute, we managed to stop laughing and got back to normal. Solar just looked at us in frustration and annoyance. 

"Solar-unnie. I have a theory that the ghost thing that you saw... might be your mother," I told her. I heard Whee In and Hwa Sa agree to me. I glanced at Solar to see what her reaction would be. I saw her blinked her eyes for like 19 times with a blank face. And then she glanced back at me. 

I don't know how to read her. She's very unpredictable. 

She massaged her right temple and let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter