On The Way Home

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byul's POV 

"Hey, girls!" Hwa Sa approached us with a very blinding smile. 

"I think I just went blind. What's up with you?" Whee In asked, raising her left eyebrow.

"Can't a girl like me be happy and not be questioned about it just for once?" she rolled her eyes while taking a seat beside Solar. I let out a chuckle. 

"I'm glad that you're happy being single," I gave her a cheeky smile. 

"Uh, actually-" 

"Oh, gosh. Please don't tell me you're taking chances again," Solar quickly cut her off. 

"Yah! Unnie! Stop jumping to conclusions and let me finish," Hwa Sa groaned. "I was just about to say that I'll be spending my winter break in Seoul with my sister." 

I mentally facepalmed myself. 

"Oh... Congratulations then," Solar just let out a nervous chuckle. Whee In just laughed at her and Hwa Sa just shook her head. 

"How about you guys? Any plans on winter break?" Hwa Sa asked. 

"I'll be back in Jeonju to visit my cousins," Whee In smiled, showing her dimple. "How about you, unnie?" Suddenly, I could feel their attention at me. 

"I, uh... I don't know?" I shrugged. "I think I'm going to spend Christmas with my mother, Eric and maybe with uncle Jin." 

"Same," Solar slumped against her seat. "My life is boring." 

"Awwww, don't be so dramatic. Bucheon isn't that bad and besides I'm here so your life won't be boring anymore," I gave her a light pat on her left shoulder. She just gave me a nod. 

I was about to say something but then I heard my phone ringing. I pulled off my phone from my pocket and opened it only to see Eric calling. 

Why is he calling?

I excused myself from the three girls in front of me who looked at me confusingly. I mouthed to them that it was Eric who called me. 

"Cousin!" I heard Eric shouted from the other line and from that I earned a lot of annoyed look from the people around me. 

Gawd. Why did I put on the speakers knowing it's Eric I'm talking on the phone? I really need to take note. 

"Idiot! Won't you calm down just for once? Dammit," I hissed. 

"Sorry, sorry! Oh gawd! Please don't get angry at me! Please! Please!" 

"And why would I get angry of you? What did you do?" I tried to say this with my stern voice. 

"But first don't get angry!" He pleaded. I could sense that he's nervous from the tone of his voice. 

"ERIC! FOR PETE'S SAKE! STOP PLEADING AND TELL ME WHAT YOU DID," I started yelling at him. I looked around only to see people staring at me again. I bowed down to them to apologize and gave them a fake smile. I took a seat on a bench near the football field where there's no people so that I could yell at this crackhead. 

"Oh gawd... Calm down, Byul.. I really didn't mean it... I-I swear to g-gods," He stuttered. Knowing him, I could imagine him biting his fingernails like a kid. "IthinkIdestroyedyourxboxpleaseforgivemIswearIwillpayyouback," he blabbered. 

"What? You're like rapping. I didn't get you? Say it again," I was confused to what he was saying. 

"I think I d-destroyed your x-xbox... Oh gawd. I swear to gods I didn't mean it. L-look let me explain-" I cut him off. He tried so hard not to stutter and I was just standing here listening to him with an amused look on my face. I just giggled at him. 

"Okay, why are you giggling now? Are you going insane now? Please don't murder me! I'm not ready yet!" 

"There's no need to explain, you idiot. I told you a few months ago that my Xbox has problems. Damn, you should listen more often. It's okay but if you still want to buy me a new Xbox then that's cool ya know," I . I heard him letting out a heavy sigh. "You were... so... n-nervous. I-I c-can't," I was imitating his stuttering while laughing too hard that I had tears in my eyes. 

"Aishh. You almost killed me. I think I just experienced a heart attack." 

"You're so dramatic," I retorted. I heard the bell rang, signaling the students to go back to their respective classes. "Hey, Eric. I'm going back to my class. Please cook for me when I come back home," I demanded. I heard him answered "fine" so I hung up and jogged back to where the three girls were seating. 

"You guys okay?" Whee In asked. I nodded and gathered my things. 

"Why did he call you?" Solar asked. "I-I'm sorry. I d-didn't mean to pry," she lowered her head. I lifted her chin with my forefinger and gave her a smile. 

"Silly. It's nothing. He just called me because he thought he broke my xbox." 

"Oh," she just looked away from my gaze. 

"Why the sudden interest?" I and bumped my shoulder to her shoulder. 

"Uh-I.. Yah! It's nothing l-like that. I was just..." there was a long pause "...curious," she finished her sentence. I just stared at her while raising my eyebrows at her. "Okay! Stop that! Just let it go," she hissed. 

"I was just teasing you, you dork," I pinched her cheeks. "You always look cute when you're annoyed," I giggled at her. 

"Yeah. ANNOYED by you," she emphasized the word annoyed and rolled her eyes at me. 

"You two. Stop being kissy kissy at each other. Gawd, sometimes I wonder if you guys are secretly dating," Hwa Sa teased us with a smirk on her face. 

"They look like lovebirds. Don't they?" Whee In joined teasing us. "C'mon guys. We must head back to our classrooms. You two can be all over each other again after classes ya know," she wiggled her eyebrows at Hwa Sa and gave her a high-fived. 

Again, Why am I friends with them?

I didn't glance at Solar but I could see from my peripheral vision that she's redder than a tomato. 

Meanwhile, I tried so hard not to blush but in the end we both looked like tomatoes. I cleared my throat and waved goodbye at her. Of course, I had my head down when I did that. I couldn't managed to look at her. 

So I walked beside Whee In because we have the same classes meanwhile Hwa Sa turned right and Solar turned left because again, they don't have the same classes like me and Whee In. 

I silently cursed and heard Whee In giggling. I slapped her arm and walked pass by her.  Finally, we entered the classroom just in time. I could still hear her laughing behind my back.

Could I be more oblivious? 

After dismissal, I quickly excused myself to Whee In. I told her to tell the girls that I have to go back home because I have a business to handle. She just gave me two thumbs up. I was so glad she didn't ask and that she already forgot what happened earlier. 

Gosh, I don't want to see her. I'm too embarrassed. Why are my friends like this? 

While walking to my house, I felt my phone vibrating inside my pocket. 

A messag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter