I Remembered

Forgotten

 

We took the lift to the 15th level and as the door opened I was shocked to who I saw. My brain and body didn’t seem to coordinate in the same way.  Nothing in my body was working but amazingly I could hear my heart thump. Yes! She was the reason I break up with him. Now, it’s all come together.

Yunho: You have never met my mother before, right? [turning to me then later to her]. Omma, this is JiEun.

Mum: [Shocked] JiEun? Aren’t you that girl I..?

My tears dropped endlessly as I try to free my hands from his. But just then, he questioned her.

Yunho: What do you mean? You met her before?

I felt like running away. I didn’t like her but I didn’t want Yunho to be rude to his mother either. So I just let my head drop and dare to face the situation.

Yunho: Wait! You guys know each other? Am I the only one that doesn’t know about this?

I regretted not telling him.

Me: No dear [cupping his face with my hands], please listen to me. It was during high school..

Just as I was about to complete the sentence, she came over and forcibly remove my hands away from his face. She then prevented me from being near Yunho.

Mum: Stay away from him! You have no right to have him.*

Yunho: What are you talking about, mum?

Mum: She is not the same status as me. She can never be with us, that is just not right!

Yunho pushed his mum away and hugged me.

Yunho: So you are the one that made her change her mind about me. You came to my school and talked her out.