Defend

Forgotten

 

I really didn’t want to go but I really needed the job so I followed him to Goodwood Hotel where we had a luxurious dinner. It was fascinating to see ‘high class’ place that I would probably be able to see once actually. After ordering food that was hard to pronounce, Yunho dust off his pants and sat nervously. I know it must be awkward to have dinner with your ex and you are to be in your best for the first meet after the breakup but this is ridiculous. He was trying too hard; he should have known that I would love him no matter how bad his condition would be.

Yunho: [Nervous] So, how are you?

Me: Great, thank you! So, I see that you are successful. I’m gladJ

Yunho: Yeah [Flipping the tip of his blazer like he didn’t believe it either], it’s hard thoughJ

Me: LiarJ

Then we had a brief laugh and took a bite in our meal. After that, he wanted to send me home so I went out and walked towards his car and waited for him while he went to pay for our meal. All of a sudden, a group of drunkards was coming towards me. Surely I was scared but I tried my best to ignore them but a few of them got really drunk and they were smiling and laughing at me without any reasons. One of them even tried to touch me so I gave him a tight slap. That really put sense in him but there was too much sense that he and his friends took a plank nearby and wanted to attack me. They were so close, a few steps away from me and they raised their weapons. I closed my eyes and cringed but within split second, Yunho covered me while his back got bashed up. His hands was on his car that I was leaning on and he gave out manly but hurtful ‘owws..’ He could even talk to me while his back was severed.*

Yunho: How are you dear?

* I was so confused that I didn’t know what to answer because all I wanted to do was to save him from all that beating so I hugged him, not really caring about my hand being in pain. But there was a whack that I’ve gotten that really stings so I gave out a scream to display my pain.* Then, Yunho swished behind and gave that guy a back kick. I was rubbing my hands that already became blue and black. Then, Yunho got a punch from him that hit his left tip of his lips. He fell onto the ground and groaned while making a ball with his body on the ground. The drunkards started kicking him. Shortly after, they went off and I came running to Yunho. I felt really bad and helped him up. I quickly flag a taxi and hopped in along with Yunho. Yunho was bleeding on his right forehead and lips; I tried to make it stop by tearing my skirt and try to wipe off the blood. He started *smiling and holding onto my hand. The taxi driver suggested us to go to the hospital but my dear Yunho didn’t want to go there while holding my hands tighter.

When we reached my house, I helped him out and paid the driver. He insisted on paying back but I didn’t have the heart to let him. We were in front of my house when I realised my siblings were at home. I stay with my brother and sisters, away from our parents, and I don’t want them to see Yunho since that brain wrecking breakup. So, I didn’t know what to do but all of a sudden, he asked me with a sweet smile.