Slowly Crumbling

Forgotten

 

I don’t know why but I can’t seem to find out the reason I broke up with him *7 years ago. But all I know is that after the breakup, I was determined to forget him to start anew fast. There must be something serious but people say that if we do not know the source of the fight, it means that it was something small and ridiculous. But after whom I saw in the room, I was trying to act natural and not let anything seem wrong. Now, it’s like *déjà vu. I’m trying hard to accept that my ex-*guy is the guy I’m gonna call Sir/Mr Yunho for the next 4 years. He’s my new boss.

I still remember the school bell that was ringing during the day of my breakup. It was horrible. I didn’t have the mood to talk. Honestly, I’m still cracking my brain to figure out the reason. Anyway, I remembered the tears we had to face. Both of us cried, very badly. I turned red and so did he. So, we parted ways for good at the parking lot where his personal *chauffeur would fetch him and would bring him anywhere. I watched his back going towards the car, slowly his *silhouette became smaller and smaller. I turned away before he could even make it in the car. I can’t bear the pain. After turning, I wiped my tears and had myself a brave mask as I make it to the *bus stop. I would usually go the one at the side of the school but this time, I walked without sense and reached the bus stop at the back of the school. I was still in a confused state. I was wondering if I made the wrong choice. As I was waiting for the bus, I saw someone approaching my from the side so I just turned my head. It was my best friend, Junsu. I admit,* I liked him before. No, loved him before but it was more like a one-sided thing.

Junsu: [Hugging] How are you little buddy?

Me: [Returning the *hug] Fine, thank youJ

Junsu: Jieun-ah. Are you alright? You are red all over.[ Hugging me even tighter]

Before I could answer, I saw a familiar car passing by. Yunho had red puffy eyes and was looking like he was searching for someone. I think he thought I was at the side bus stop. I quickly hugged Junsu so Yunho wouldn’t see me.

Me: No, I’m not. It’s gotten really bad. I’ve been through a very long and tiring day and all I wanted is a hug. Thanks JunsuJ

I saw my bus and slowly unwrapped my hands from around his neck. I bid him goodbye with a peck on the cheek and made my way nearer to the road to flag down the bus. I was the last few one to enter but before I could do that, I got pulled back real hard. Junsu grabbed hold of my arm and jerked me back. With no time to react, I was in Junsu’s arms. He was hugging my tightly.

Junsu: Jieun, I’m going off to the States. My family already planned this for a very long time.

Me: Already? [Tearing]

Junsu: [Letting me go while my hair] I’m sorry baby. I should have told you sooner but I can’t go without saying goodbye to my little buddy first.

Me:[shouting sadly] NO, I’m not okay! Yunho just left me and now so are you! How could you? [Punching his chest]

I know that my punch didn’t affect him because I was too weak to do anything but at the same time I was angry. Just as my punches turn any weaker and my fists turned to slaps that was practically meaningless, Junsu grabbed my hands. As I was trying to free my hands and crying even more badly, Junsu pulled me closer and hugged me again. But this time, I realized tears flowing down his cheeks. He lifted his head like he regretted telling me the news.