Finally Home

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7: Finally Home

 

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe they did this.”  I asked Jongsuk to stop a few houses away from our residence when I noticed just how many cars are outside. I actually had a hunch that something bad is happening today, but I didn’t expect it to happen this untimely.

 

Jongsuk looks ahead of us and observes the surroundings. “It seems like that house is throwing a big party. Will we be able to pass by?” He then glances at me and sees the worry in my face and finally, he is able to solve the puzzle. “So… your house…”

 

I nod dejectedly. “Yeah. That’s ours.” I cover my face with my palms while mentally cursing my parents for making a big ruckus like this. “I’m so embarrassed. Should we go back to Seoul? Maybe I should tell them that our car broke down?”

 

I can hear him chuckle as I panic on what we should do right now. If I bring Jongsuk inside that damned house at this moment, our relatives will be overwhelmed and tease us for the whole day. It might also be hard for us pretend as they will be asking us a lot of questions and – yeah, you know how Asian relatives react when one brings home a lover.

 

“We didn’t travel for one and a half hour only to back out. I actually let my stupid best friend, Woo Bin, handle the shop for days as I am away for a ‘vacation’. You know how lazy he is.” His stupid grin makes me want to roll my eyes but I actually have to be nice to him today because he’s doing me a favor.

 

I sigh and make up my mind. Okay, this is the only time that I’ll be bringing Jongsuk here. After this, we will go back to Seoul without a single relative knowing that we’re just faking everything…

 

“Should I drive now?” I bob my head up and down and after a few seconds, he starts the engine once again and we finally move towards our house. My heart cannot stop beating fast as I am nervous on how I am going to face my relatives later. I hope my cousin In Na will not be there.

 

Soon enough, we arrive in front of our house. As Jongsuk is parking the car on the side of the road, I see my parents widen their eyes. Well, who wouldn’t be? My ‘boyfriend’ is driving a Mercedes Benz and it’s the vintage one. My father loves this brand.

 

“Stay there. I’ll be opening the door for you.” He opens his side of the car and walks towards mine. I take another deep breath before stepping out of the car and I see my mother skipping towards us. I swear, she’s like a kid.

 

“Yoona dear! I see, you really came with your date.” She immediately nudges me as soon as she arrives at my spot. I roll my eyes and glance at Jongsuk who seems to be enjoying the view.

 

“It’s not an awards show or something, Mom. He came here to umm…” I clear my throat before facing her. “Meet you?”

 

The grin on her face widens and she claps her hands excitedly. I take a step back when she suddenly lets out a high-pitched scream, startling Jongsuk and I.

 

“It’s a Benz!” I mutter a curse under my breath when I hear my father speak. “Yoona, you’ve got nice tastes, huh?” I see Jongsuk trying to stifle a laugh and I swear, I have never been this embarrassed in my whole life. “Do all people in Seoul have these?”

 

“Most of them buy the new units.” Jongsuk states. I’m actually glad that his playful side seems to have been hidden today. He’s acting as if he’s been that polite everyday. I’m actually laughing on my mind right now. I’m going to after this.

 

“I see, let’s talk more about it inside?” My father offers and we agree. He and my mom lead the way, with Jongsuk and us trailing behind them. Suddenly, I feel something holding my hand and I see how our fingers are intertwined.

 

My eyes widen in surprise and I am about to remove my hand from his’ when my Mom looks back. She gives me a teasing look and I glare at her. I swear, she’s enjoying this.

 

“Lovers nowadays aren’t afraid of showing their affection, right?” Upon hearing that, my dad looks at us and his eyebrows furrow. “Honey, what is it?”

 

“Never have I seen other guys aside from me and Kwonnie hold her hand like that. I feel somewhat protective right now.” I bite back a smile as I feel Jongsuk tighten his grip on my hand. I glance at him and see him somewhat ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter