Forehead Kiss

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Forehead Kiss
happy birthday, oh sehun!

Sehun breathes out deeply as he takes a short break on the bench and takes out his bottled water to rejuvenate himself after the long jog that he took that morning. He then checks his watch to see the time and proceeds to ready himself for his next agenda for the day.

 

Jin’s flight leaves early in the morning and he, together with Yoona and Taehyung, will be travelling to the airport before the sun rises and he has to get there on time. He’s still quite pissed off at his brother for not letting him tag along in the business trip this time because Jin tells him that he has to manage the agency while the elder’s gone and that he has through numerous trips already so he has to give way for others.

 

Seeing as some of the familiar joggers have started their course after he did so, he starts walking away from the park. He’s an hour ahead of his usual schedule and he does not even know why he feels obligated to say goodbye to the team before they are going to be gone for two days.

 

Stupid brother and boyfriend duties. He thought to himself as he uses those excuses to somehow justify the reason why he has to go to the agency when there’s not even a need to do so.

 

“Ah, it’s way too early.” Yoona complains to herself as she throws herself to her work chair and closes her eyes. She’s not used to being the early bird: she’s actually thirty minutes ahead of their expected meeting time because she was afraid that if she didn’t wake up earlier, she’ll be late and their team will be doomed.

 

Out of all the regular employees in the agency, she does not know why Jin picked her to be a representative for the quarterly meeting on their Jeju branch alongside Taehyung. The both of them were still quite new to the business and she feels nervous even though all she has to do is accompany their manager and take notes from the meeting which they can use for future references.

 

Her thoughts trail off as she hears the agency’s door opening and when she opens her eyes, she’s shocked to see Sehun staring right at her while he’s still wearing his tracksuit. Her eyebrows furrow: why the hell would the man be here when he has no business with her given the time of the day?

 

“I ought to take some notes from my brother regarding the requests that are going to be left here while he’s gone.” Sehun tells her before she can even ask. She just shrugs it off as she does not want to argue with him early in the morning, given the fact that her mind’s still not functioning well because of her lack of sleep. “Why aren’t you saying anything?”

 

“Am I supposed to say something?” She asks as she closes her eyes once again, hoping that Sehun will just shut his mouth up because her head’s aching due to the fact that she’s not used to waking up early. Back when she was still a writer, it was usually the time for her to go to bed and she gets up late in the afternoon. So much for missing her old life.

 

Sehun, sensing that she’s not really in the mood to talk, lets her close her eyes and rests on his cubicle instead. Jin has already explained things to him the night before and he internally smacks himself for the excuse he’s going to give his brother later on. Jin is somewhat aware of the thing between him and Yoona, and he feels restless knowing that the elder might say a word to the girl.

 

“Yoona noo—Hyung, what are you doing here?” Taehyung’s energetic statement has woken up Yoona who has been napping and she sees that the younger has just arrived with a big luggage. She wants to ask him about how ridiculous he looks for bringing a lot of things but that wide smile on his face tells her that she’s not supposed to ruin his excitement for the trip.

 

“Oh, good morning Taehyung. You were really prepared for the trip, aren’t you?” Yoona asks and the mentioned man nods his head eagerly. His luggage makes a lot of noise as he approaches Yoona and he takes a seat on the chair in front of her. Yoona can’t help but chuckle at the younger’s enthusiasm and leans forward to gently ruffle his hair.

 

“Yes noona! It’s my first time to go on a trip without my parents and I’m so excited!”

 

“It’s a business trip, Taehyung. There’s nothing worth exciting about.” Sehun sternly says, earning a glare from the doe-eyed girl beside him. Sensing the daggers thrown at him from her direction, he rolls his eyes and leans on his chair.

 

“You’re just jealous because he gets to be with us, Sehun.” Yoona teasingly states, making Sehun turn his head towards her direction with annoyance clearly evident on his face. Taehyung’s energy has affected her and now she feels more alive than ever (at 3:30 in the freaking morning) to tease the man who actually has no business with them before they leave.

 

“You’re really annoying, aren’t you?”

 

“Says the one who isn’t.” Yoona retorts, making Sehun groan quite loudly. Minutes ago,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter